Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

What BBs Can Over Match RU Icebreaker Bow Armor?

16 comments in this topic

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,334 posts

They were designed "coughuulsht" to withstand Yammie shells . This make sronk ships comrade. Perfectly having  blanas to gud Russian bias. 

Such flight should be gotten rid of.

:Smile_facepalm: And players wonder why the game has gotten so scewed.sigh.!!!

• Boring 1

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
Just now, Versili said:

They were designed "coughuulsht" to withstand Yammie shells . This make sronk ships comrade. Perfectly having  blanas to gud Russian bias. 

Such flight should be gotten rid of.

:Smile_facepalm: And players wonder why the game has gotten so scewed.sigh.!!!

Ok then fortunately I have the solution to this problem! We need a new German BB with this 800mm gun mounted on it in dual or triple gun turrets... :Smile_trollface:

DEF58826-D26E-49FC-8C99-D02B1171F751.jpeg.20afe13d72f6484daf3c58c1fc8ba7d1.jpeg

202DD495-3EBB-423F-81F8-FE2523DD6123.jpeg

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,777 posts
11,304 battles
41 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What ships can overmatch the Russian “Icebreaker” bow armor? Can Shikishima do it? Any other ships?

Overmatch is based on a simple calculation:

Armor Thickness*14.3 = AP caliber needed to overmatch

So for example, tier VIII+ US and German CAs have 27mm plating. 27*14.3=386.1, so they can bounce 15” AP (380/381mm) but not 16” (406mm) and larger.

Edited by Nevermore135

[USN]
Members
1,638 posts
21,131 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What ships can overmatch the Russian “Icebreaker” bow armor? Can Shikishima do it? Any other ships?

The thinnest is Riga’s 35mm plating, and it’s the only thing Shitttyshima overmatches Yamato doesn’t 

Every other Icebreaker forget it

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,522 posts
6,405 battles
5 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

The thinnest is Riga’s 35mm plating, and it’s the only thing Shitttyshima overmatches Yamato doesn’t 

Every other Icebreaker forget it

Dmitri Donskoi's icebreaker is also 35mm.  The citadel deck on Mogami is also 35mm.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,334 posts
19 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ok then fortunately I have the solution to this problem! We need a new German BB with this 800mm gun mounted on it in dual or triple gun turrets... :Smile_trollface:

DEF58826-D26E-49FC-8C99-D02B1171F751.jpeg.20afe13d72f6484daf3c58c1fc8ba7d1.jpeg

202DD495-3EBB-423F-81F8-FE2523DD6123.jpeg

Nice!!!!!  Can I get that ship in Black. :Smile_trollface:

[KAG]
Members
76 posts
11,949 battles

No ships can even overmatch the 32 mm plating of high tier battleships aside from Yamato, Musashi, and Shikishima. It's not so-called "Russian bias". After all, Grosser Kurfurst has a 60mm plate on its nose as well. However, Kremlin's icebreaker does not keep it from getting bow penned by Yamato, Musashi, and Shikishima. The majority of Kremlin's nose is still 32 mm, so you will still eat massive pen damage through the nose. Same goes for Vladivostok and Sovetsky Soyuz.

Edited by MitoUchiha

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,461 posts
10,717 battles
On 7/17/2020 at 11:07 PM, MitoUchiha said:

No ships can even overmatch the 32 mm plating of high tier battleships aside from Yamato, Musashi, and Shikishima. It's not so-called "Russian bias". After all, Grosser Kurfurst has a 60mm plate on its nose as well. However, Kremlin's icebreaker does not keep it from getting bow penned by Yamato, Musashi, and Shikishima. The majority of Kremlin's nose is still 32 mm, so you will still eat massive pen damage through the nose. Same goes for Vladivostok and Sovetsky Soyuz.

You just compared a BATTLESHIP with 60mm nose plate with soviet CRUISERS that have 50mm bow plates as 'proof' its not soviet bias. 

Put a stalingrad/moskva/Kurfurst to bow tank vs a Yamato. For kicks do another set of the soviet cruisers bow-on tanking a Kurfurst.  

Kurfurst and Yamato will hurt each other bad and in the end Kurfurst wins if inside secondary range. If outside it, Yamato will win if its firing HE not AP. 

Moskva/Stalingrad will each obliterate Yamato before they end up under half health. This is because Yamato AP cannot hurt them while they can hurt Yamato with HE given their much higher dps and fire setting rate. 

Moskva/Stalingrad will each obliterate Kurfurst if outside secondary range. If under, the secondaries will eat the soviet cruisers up. Again, its bow tanking power and HE DPS that determines the win. 

The key difference in all of these examples is the HE output vs tanking. 

Cruisers heal faster, repair fires faster and can shift direction faster. 

All soviet ships have insane physics defying engine power..and only their ships can shift from full reverse to half forward speed and back to reverse that rapidly. All because their hulls also magically have retro-thrusters that makes them stop on a dime. This is something implemented on purpose because ships with 'poor' turn radius need not worry about it given they can just stop the ship to let shells land in front of them...or when bow on, shift from reverse to forward to have shells fly over them. 

Soviet bias is not a single super-advantage. Its the result of multiple minor benefits that synergize and work together to give the ships advantages while not having to pay any penalties for it. All other nations are given a few advantages and then pay for them with severe disadvantages. Not soviet ships though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,522 posts
6,405 battles
2 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

Moskva/Stalingrad will each obliterate Yamato before they end up under half health. This is because Yamato AP cannot hurt them while they can hurt Yamato with HE given their much higher dps and fire setting rate. 

The one such battle I had went very, very much in favor of my Yamato over my oponent's Stalingrad.  I simply aimed at the upper bow and took huge chunks off of his ship while his anemic HE DPM, the only way you can accurately describe Stalingrad's HE DPM, did little to hurt me.

I started off at a notably lower percentage of health too, so you can't claim that I won due to starting position either.

[KAG]
Members
76 posts
11,949 battles
On 9/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Skyfaller said:

You just compared a BATTLESHIP with 60mm nose plate with soviet CRUISERS that have 50mm bow plates as 'proof' its not soviet bias. 

Put a stalingrad/moskva/Kurfurst to bow tank vs a Yamato. For kicks do another set of the soviet cruisers bow-on tanking a Kurfurst.  

Kurfurst and Yamato will hurt each other bad and in the end Kurfurst wins if inside secondary range. If outside it, Yamato will win if its firing HE not AP. 

Moskva/Stalingrad will each obliterate Kurfurst if outside secondary range. If under, the secondaries will eat the soviet cruisers up. Again, its bow tanking power and HE DPS that determines the win. 

All soviet ships have insane physics defying engine power..and only their ships can shift from full reverse to half forward speed and back to reverse that rapidly. All because their hulls also magically have retro-thrusters that makes them stop on a dime. This is something implemented on purpose because ships with 'poor' turn radius need not worry about it given they can just stop the ship to let shells land in front of them...or when bow on, shift from reverse to forward to have shells fly over them. 

Soviet bias is not a single super-advantage. Its the result of multiple minor benefits that synergize and work together to give the ships advantages while not having to pay any penalties for it. All other nations are given a few advantages and then pay for them with severe disadvantages. Not soviet ships though. 

Venezia also has a 40mm(?) ice breaker. So where is your bias there? A Yamato will always beat a Moskva or Stalingrad in a 1v1. They have the same detection range, but Yamato has far better armor with its 57mm deck and 32mm nose. You claim all Soviet ships accelerate much faster, which just isn't true. Most of them just use the propulsion module because their rudders are either so bad that the rudder module won't make a difference (like in Stalingrad and Moskva's case) or so big that dodging torps is pretty impossible regardless of the rudder shift time (in Kremlin's case).

You also blatantly ignore the weaknesses Soviet ships have. Terrible citadel armor, awful handling, mediocre to bad AA, etc. There is no Russian bias. It's just that content creators like Flamu get up in arms whenever there's a Russian ship that's even slightly strong, so all their potato followers run around crying bias when it isn't there. The most powerful tier 10 battleships are Thunderer and Ohio. The strongest tier 9 battleships are Georgia and Musashi. The strongest tier 10 destroyers are Daring, Smaland, and Kleber. Why aren't you crying about British bias or American bias? Venezia has been one of the most broken tier 10 cruisers for months. Where's your Italian bias? There is no bias. Some ships are just stronger than others. Venezia is stronger than Moskva. Kleber is stronger than Khabarovsk. Thunderer is stronger than Kremlin.

[KRAK]
Members
1,624 posts
16,696 battles
On 9/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Skyfaller said:

You put a lot of work into this post. I was believing your observations of Moskva against the Yamato, and came up ridiculously short each time. I set a few fires, so it would loose maybe 3-4K HP, and I would be down 20KHP after the 4th salvo from it. Checked this many  many times. Don't tank against a T9-T10 BB period with a Moskva. Don't even try it against the Petro. Their AP does not glance off a bow on Moskva.  I know the Stalingrad is different, but lumping Moskva with it is your mistake here. Maybe a Stalingrad driver can weigh in on trying it against a Yamato. What I heard on Stalingrad is that HE is less effective even than on Moskva (for whatever reason), so you would have a harder time burning down a Yamato bow on with it than my Moskva.

[KRAK]
Members
1,624 posts
16,696 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 5:21 PM, MitoUchiha said:

Venezia also has a 40mm(?) ice breaker. So where is your bias there? A Yamato will always beat a Moskva or Stalingrad in a 1v1. They have the same detection range, but Yamato has far better armor with its 57mm deck and 32mm nose. You claim all Soviet ships accelerate much faster, which just isn't true. Most of them just use the propulsion module because their rudders are either so bad that the rudder module won't make a difference (like in Stalingrad and Moskva's case) or so big that dodging torps is pretty impossible regardless of the rudder shift time (in Kremlin's case).

You also blatantly ignore the weaknesses Soviet ships have. Terrible citadel armor, awful handling, mediocre to bad AA, etc. There is no Russian bias. It's just that content creators like Flamu get up in arms whenever there's a Russian ship that's even slightly strong, so all their potato followers run around crying bias when it isn't there. The most powerful tier 10 battleships are Thunderer and Ohio. The strongest tier 9 battleships are Georgia and Musashi. The strongest tier 10 destroyers are Daring, Smaland, and Kleber. Why aren't you crying about British bias or American bias? Venezia has been one of the most broken tier 10 cruisers for months. Where's your Italian bias? There is no bias. Some ships are just stronger than others. Venezia is stronger than Moskva. Kleber is stronger than Khabarovsk. Thunderer is stronger than Kremlin.

Yes, I do way more damage in Venezia than in Moskva. I can salvo a BB  (not even 90 degrees) and take 8-10K off it at once. I did a double take on that when I started using mine, which I got a month or so ago.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,461 posts
10,717 battles
On 9/25/2020 at 9:57 AM, Ericson38 said:

You put a lot of work into this post. I was believing your observations of Moskva against the Yamato, and came up ridiculously short each time. I set a few fires, so it would loose maybe 3-4K HP, and I would be down 20KHP after the 4th salvo from it. Checked this many  many times. Don't tank against a T9-T10 BB period with a Moskva. Don't even try it against the Petro. Their AP does not glance off a bow on Moskva.  I know the Stalingrad is different, but lumping Moskva with it is your mistake here. Maybe a Stalingrad driver can weigh in on trying it against a Yamato. What I heard on Stalingrad is that HE is less effective even than on Moskva (for whatever reason), so you would have a harder time burning down a Yamato bow on with it than my Moskva.

Bub, Yamato accuracy at medium and short range will basically guarantee you will never land a shot on the 25mm upper bow. Certainly not before Moskva comes right up to you and cheektadel you death. Moskva HE oth, has excellent accuracy and will hit you nonstop as it approaches.

The 4th salvo? So Yamato had to wait 2 minutes to deal 20k hp damage on you and you claim you did only 4k hp damage back to it? That's bollocks. Moska HE will do that if not more in one salvo.

Moskva can tank multiple red BBs firing on it while bow on for far longer than any non-soviet cruiser ever could dream of. THATS the problem. It tanks better than most BBs of its tiers too.

A cruiser.

If that doesn't ring a warning bell to you then I guess you just love the bias benefits it brings.

[KRAK]
Members
1,624 posts
16,696 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

Bub, Yamato accuracy at medium and short range will basically guarantee you will never land a shot on the 25mm upper bow. Certainly not before Moskva comes right up to you and cheektadel you death. Moskva HE oth, has excellent accuracy and will hit you nonstop as it approaches.

The 4th salvo? So Yamato had to wait 2 minutes to deal 20k hp damage on you and you claim you did only 4k hp damage back to it? That's bollocks. Moska HE will do that if not more in one salvo.

Moskva can tank multiple red BBs firing on it while bow on for far longer than any non-soviet cruiser ever could dream of. THATS the problem. It tanks better than most BBs of its tiers too.

A cruiser.

If that doesn't ring a warning bell to you then I guess you just love the bias benefits it brings.

I have 1.3 million XP in mine, over 650 battles. No more bow on contests with my Moskva against the T10 IJN BB. No one plays Moskva that way unless forced to, and then wants to back out as soon as possible. Are you saying the Moskva is going to fry the BB, unless they retreat from the sitting Moskva (bow on of course) ?

Now, lets talk about multiple BBs firing at Moskva at the same time, if you will. So in this case, Moskva is bow on to two T10 BBs, and taking them on, and the BBs are backing out, or winning ?

My last post on this, and I still play my Moskva, but I snipe at BBs when I get a glancing chance, not purpose led bow on contests. I don't even try that against a red Stalingrad or Petro, which both have super AP bounce resistant shells.

Sign in to follow this