Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skyfaller

Suggestion: Include bow/aft mounted secondary guns on BBs as part of main guns (aka Yamato 155s)

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,584
[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,461 posts
10,717 battles

WG,

Battleships with secondary guns that qualify as main guns on cruisers, which are located NOT on the sides of the battleship... should be made as part of the ship's primary armament. 

 

For example, Yamato has 2x 155mm turrets on the front and aft of the ship. Those should be listed as main guns. 

Now, I understand that you can't have guns with different reload times under a category... so the solution is simple: Make them match the bigger guns reload times... but in compensation increase their range to match their cruiser counterparts. 

So, the 155mm in Yamato should be given its 15~km base range.

Like a main gun, it should also be able to switch from AP to HE like the main gun does. 

Like a main gun, these 155s would be modified by MAIN GUN modules and skills not the secondary ones. 

 

Musashi on the other hand, would not be any different even though its entire secondary gun armament is 155's. Only the ones on the bow and aft would become part of the main gun armament. 

 

This would allow BBs to engage smaller ships with more appropiately sized calibers mixed in with the BB calibers. That means Yamato at least will have 2 x 155s to engage a destroyer and hit it with guns that wont just overpen and such... even if their reload time is that of a BBs. 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
110 posts

I like this idea. Personally, though I would like to have the option to switch to all secondary guns while the main guns are reloading. Something similar to cruisers and destroyers with their torpedos. I know Blitz has that option so why can't we?

It could be an option with the manual secondary commander skill. 

Edited by American_Ace_96
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,084 posts
6,309 battles

I don't think this is good idea. The ballistic are completly different. Your 155mm can shoot over island than the main guns won't. So there's a small problem there. Moreover the server will have to calculate 2 different balistic for every shot each ship will make.

It will also boost the performance of ships with this feature. So they will brake the balance of the game. These ships would have to get nerfed. And it will take a very long time to get some balance again. 

 

4 hours ago, American_Ace_96 said:

I would like to have the option to switch to all secondary guns while the main guns are reloading. Something similar to cruisers and destroyers with their torpedos. I know Blitz has that option so why can't we?

It could be an option with the manual secondary commander skill. 

I like this option better. It would be very fun to control the secondary against an attacking destroyer. The downside is that probably Battleship performance will increase a lot.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[5D7]
Members
208 posts
8,759 battles
On 6/23/2020 at 8:35 AM, Talleyrand said:

I don't think this is good idea. The ballistic are completly different. Your 155mm can shoot over island than the main guns won't. So there's a small problem there. Moreover the server will have to calculate 2 different balistic for every shot each ship will make.

It will also boost the performance of ships with this feature. So they will brake the balance of the game. These ships would have to get nerfed. And it will take a very long time to get some balance again. 

 

I like this option better. It would be very fun to control the secondary against an attacking destroyer. The downside is that probably Battleship performance will increase a lot.

I agree bro. Also other ships would be looking at an improvement in performance, namely battlecruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[FUNNY]
Members
52 posts
3,833 battles
On 6/23/2020 at 4:35 AM, Talleyrand said:

 

I like this option better. It would be very fun to control the secondary against an attacking destroyer. The downside is that probably Battleship performance will increase a lot.

 

 

Link the ability to do that with the manual secondary skill, that way players would have to choose if they want to spec into it or not.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
110 posts
On 6/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, metus_regem said:

 

 

Link the ability to do that with the manual secondary skill, that way players would have to choose if they want to spec into it or not.

This and keep the secondary range the same. The only real change would be secondary guns being a better defense for all battleships, with the advantage in numbers being the deciding factor.

You could also keep the shots a little random since you would be dealing with different caliber guns, just not random to where they don't even fly a kilometer from the ship before plopping into the water.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×