You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kensikora

very high ping

5 comments in this topic

[DFTR]
Members
72 posts
1,915 battles

Hello all.. i currently have my pc hooked up to the internet via ethernt cable and today in the 2 games i just tried to play my ping was between 2k and -35

anyone else have this issue? could it be server releated.

I just contact my internet provider and there are no issue....any help would be apreciated

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts

Yes, since about 3-4 patches back I have suffered poor ping. It has been infrequent and because it hasn't messed up a game I haven't raised a ticket.

The game freezes then the ship warps forward - the secret is to make sure you don't press button when it freezes; otherwise when you come out of warp you find you've used some consumables you may not have wanted to lol.

[DFTR]
Members
72 posts
1,915 battles

i just tried 3 games not and my ping has been around 40-100 at the start then jumps anywere between 500 to 4k then dc

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
10,137 battles
1 hour ago, Kensikora said:

I just contact my internet provider and there are no issue....any help would be apreciated

So they say, countless times my ISP told me everything was fine when it wasn't, then when they read the signals at my end things weren't all fine. Often when internet speeds are upgraded across the board is when I start encountering problems, in fact 2 months ago I noticed I was having issues, checked my speeds and what you do you know, used to have 150 megs and now have 250 and am having problems. That's because upgrading speeds changed the signals at my end and without fine tuning...

Edited by Systemlord_1

[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles
24 minutes ago, Kensikora said:

i just tried 3 games not and my ping has been around 40-100 at the start then jumps anywere between 500 to 4k then dc

Just because your ISP says its not their problem, it probably is...You can use a VPN to reroute your traffic..

Depending on the type of connection (cable or DSL). Latency is common. What is not common, are service disruptions.

I would check on your connection hardware from our location. That means

• Check you wires from your location to the power line
  • IF its a DSL connection, making sure you change the filter often.
  • Check for anything other problems that can affect your connection performance...

Once you know everything is good wires wise to your location... Then you do a 5 min cold reset to

• PC
  • Modem
  • Router

After the 5 min cold reboot, then do a "check and repair" in WGC.

If you do this, you'll solve the problem..