You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

Which Steel Ship?

9 comments in this topic

[MISRY]
Members
934 posts
6,823 battles

Stalingrad, Somers, or Shikishima? 

I'll have enough for the first 2 very shortly and will have to wait for next full ranked for the BB. I've always had my heart set on the Stalingrad but these other 2 are starting to sway me. It takes me a while to build steel so I want to make sure I choose wisely. 

[PVE]
Members
11,069 posts
19,170 battles

I would get Stalingrad. Don't choose poorly.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,016 battles

Unless you really love IJN BBs more than anything else in the game, you SHOULD NOT even think about Shikishima until you get Stalingrad and Bourgogne first. I won't bore you with the details, "flamu has a long video explaining just how underwhelming it is." In short, aside from AA, its basically inferior to the Yamato in every way. If you play and really like USN DDs, Somers wouldn't be a bad choice. However IMO, Bourgogne and Stalingrad are currently the only 2 steel ships that are absolutely worth getting hands down. If you want a steel ship to dominate in competitive with, Stalingrad is the way to go. If you want something that's very fun and rewarding to play in randoms, the Bourgogne is the better choice IMO.  Just like @Sovereigndawg said though, its a real tough choice as the ships take a lot of effort to earn for the average to above average player. I own Stalingrad and Bourgogne and I love both of them. As for me, I'm not spending any of my resources until we find out what Slava is going to be going for. 

Edited by admiralsexybeast

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles

I have had my eye on the Bourgogne for some time but since I used my last resource coupon I was waiting for another. I've fought a few of them though while grinding my Vlad and I've repeatedly citadelled them without issue, and from odd angles too. I really enjoy the Alsace however so I figure I'll still like the Bourgogne. But the Slava could be interesting. Figured I'll just take a wait and see attitude for the moment. 

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles

I’ve got Stalingrad and I definitely enjoy it, and am currently saving up for Bourgogne (probably one more season of ranked and clan and I should have it with the coupon). I haven’t heard a lot about Shikishima yet, and Somers is normally more useful in competitive (pre CVs in CB) because of the good concealment and poor AA. Stalingrad is a tanky anchor ship with great guns, decent (in pairs) AA, and useful in most modes (especially CB where it gets around the one BB limit).

Bourgogne is all about flanking and staying mobile, and while it’s great for randoms it loses a lot of usefulness in competitive as a battleship with the battleship limit and smaller caliber. And because most of the players who own it are among the top on the server, unless you’re at least a decent player it can definitely drop your stats (if you’re someone that cares about that).

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,684 posts
23,726 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Stalingrad, Somers, or Shikishima? 

I'll have enough for the first 2 very shortly and will have to wait for next full ranked for the BB. I've always had my heart set on the Stalingrad but these other 2 are starting to sway me. It takes me a while to build steel so I want to make sure I choose wisely. 

If your a BB player, obvious choice.

If you play clan battles, Stalingrad.

If you enjoy torping in a dd with an AA rating of 6..... somers.

Wish I hadn't got somers.

• Funny 1

[5D8]
Members
208 posts
21,308 battles

I've done a lot of asking around, and research on this topic since steel is scarce.

GET STALINGRAD! I have her, and just wish I was a better player to use her to her fullest capacity. Having said that tho my skill level alone I manage to do some amazing things. You can cit a lot of BB's in it, and deal great dmg.

after that go w/ bourgonne, and then somers or shik.