You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Boomer625

Mikoyan Upgrades

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
141 posts
935 battles

Just wanted a survey of what you guys think the best upgrades setup for the Mikoyan is. I am thinking of main armament mod 1,  undecided whether damage control or engine room, and aiming systems mod 1 to make it a better sniper (So I can actually hit things and bombard them with HE/AP without being too close to be deleted)

So yeah, discuss below!

Edited by Boomer625

Members
242 posts
4,786 battles

Sounds like the build I use, though I prefer damage con because I don't think I've ever had my rudder/engine go out.

Members
4,083 posts
10,165 battles

I use the same, but use the engine room mod in slot 2, for the extra protection there. I only had my engine or rudder knocked out once or twice during my 28 co-op token battles, but I didn’t feel swapping out for damacon 1 for very little reduction to fire/flooding chance was worth it. 

[NSC]
Members
2,326 posts
2 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

Just wanted a survey of what you guys think the best upgrades setup for the Mikoyan is. I am thinking of main armament mod 1,  undecided whether damage control or engine room, and aiming systems mod 1 to make it a better sniper (So I can actually hit things and bombard them with HE/AP without being too close to be deleted)

So yeah, discuss below!

For the first 3 slots, I almost always go with Main Armaments Modification 1 in slot 1, Damage Control System Modification 1 in slot 2, and Aiming Systems Modification 1 in slot 3. (So I agree with @FullMetal_Inferno)

I don't know exactly how many fires or floods Damage Control System Modification 1 has saved me from, but it's still my habit because I rarely find myself going "oh no engine's dead!" (In that case, I get Last Stand as a captain skill.)

Edited by henrychenhenry

[WOLF1]
Members
141 posts
935 battles

The crew was smart enough to store the torpedoes on the deck...fast reloading of the torpedo tubes plus less damage when the ship gets citadelled!