You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Your longest super container drought

35 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
1,767 posts
12,868 battles

I'm now up to around 370 opened resource containers since I've landed one.

The odd thing is one of my kids who recently started playing has gotten 5 in the last 70 he's opened.

A couple of longtime ships friends are convinced this is by design by WG.  I'm not there yet, but if I get to 600 the  something is up.

[X-PN]
Members
1,767 posts
12,868 battles

Sometimes you gotta wonder about the random number generators that WG uses... occasionally you will see too many patterns for it to be a normal distribution pattern.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

Except for the SC's received when completing missions that award them (from which I've only received expendable camos I never use, or signals I already have 900 or more), I'm guessing I haven't received one approaching two years now.  I never choose the "try your luck" container, just cycle through the three standard boxes.

The most noteworthy item ever received from an SC was 300 of the Dragon signals that award 333% commander XP.  That was back in the first week when SCs first started, when they were far more generous than they are now.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,334 posts

Possibly @eight months. The. Yesterday had one drop..........signals. Woopdie Doo!!!!

Had better luck getting hit by a lightning bolt than get anything meaningful ....

But hey free is free right. :Smile-_tongue:

[X-PN]
Members
1,767 posts
12,868 battles

I used to get the 1 to 2% drop rate that some folks here have stated.  I'd have to do the stat math to be sure, but once I get to 600 suspect the odds that percentage being correct would be very long at that point... OR it's not really random.

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
25,913 battles

I mostly take resource containers, when I do choose SC which I try at least 3 or 4  a week, I haven't hit a real SC in over a year

So at 3 SC ( taking my lowest choice amount ) a week that's 150  ( give or a take a bakers dozen )  or so a year,

never anything more than 4 flags

my best SC was last summer for 10k steel, 2 yrs ago 2500 dubs

never a ship

• Haha 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
18,194 battles

I actually have kept track of my SC drops this year. I've gotten 11 so far; I get all 3 of my containers every day and I always choose the resource container.  I feel like that's a pretty good drop rate so far.

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

I hadn't got one this year until a few days ago. Then I got two in a row. First one was 30 days premium (okay), second was 25 Basilisk flags (meh).

[WOLF4]
Members
395 posts
17,296 battles
6 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I actually have kept track of my SC drops this year. I've gotten 11 so far; I get all 3 of my containers every day and I always choose the resource container.  I feel like that's a pretty good drop rate so far.

That is why no one else is getting them. You used up all the RNG  for everyone else. Someone has to get them.

• Haha 1

[PHD]
Members
271 posts
12,205 battles

1 in the last 12 months. I get at least 1 a day, so maybe 400+ containers. They don't pop up anywhere near as often as they use to. I think WG are fudging the percentages and not saying.

• Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
18,194 battles
3 hours ago, Tim__2016 said:

That is why no one else is getting them. You used up all the RNG  for everyone else. Someone has to get them.

I do feel like I've been getting lucky with the number of drops so far.

Members
948 posts
14 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

I got 3 in my first three weeks of playing the game, same on alt account on the SEA server "strangely enough".  Since then I've had about 5 in 1,200 or so matches, the last was months ago.

Edited by Snarky_Wombat

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Super containers should have 15,000 coal, 5000 Doubloons, a premium ship, 200 dragon flags, etc. I think most of us I've got at least a couple of those over the years.

What super containers have been for me lately most of all is scarce but also underwhelming. My last Super container was 100 camo. The one before that when is 5000 Cole or 1500 doubloons. I probably only see a super container once every three to four months playing five times a week. I almost always click on resource and only usually get single bag of coal and two sets of signals or camo which is also very strange these days.

[WOLFD]
Members
862 posts
6,977 battles
16 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

The odd thing is one of my kids who recently started playing has gotten 5 in the last 70 he's opened.

A couple of longtime ships friends are convinced this is by design by WG.  I'm not there yet, but if I get to 600 the  something is up.

Months, it has been months since I saw a SC.  I don't even bother to count containers, they drop so infrequently.  I may get one twice a year if lucky.

[WOLFD]
Members
862 posts
6,977 battles
15 hours ago, Versili said:

Possibly @eight months. The. Yesterday had one drop..........signals. Woopdie Doo!!!!

Had better luck getting hit by a lightning bolt than get anything meaningful ....

But hey free is free right. :Smile-_tongue:

It wasn't free, you played all that time, your investment of time and effort makes it anything BUT FREE!

Members
70 posts

The last time I got one was maybe 4 months ago for 30 days premium time. Before that I cant remember when I saw one. I also usually go with the resource container.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,510 posts
6,402 battles
18 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

17 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

I used to get the 1 to 2% drop rate that some folks here have stated.  I'd have to do the stat math to be sure, but once I get to 600 suspect the odds that percentage being correct would be very long at that point... OR it's not really random.

It is very easy for a 1-2% chance to not occur over a significant sample size.  A sample size of 1200 generally gives you a +/- 3 or 4% accuracy and 1-2% is well within that margin.  370 or 600 is easy to do without hitting that 1-2% chance.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,334 posts
3 hours ago, AXELGREASE said:

It wasn't free, you played all that time, your investment of time and effort makes it anything BUT FREE!

If you see it that way ok . To me no cash down and not having to pay for it, that's free. Playing FTP means I can have fun, play the game and in some rather unusual cases have one SC drop something I wasn't even trying to get. I'll take it as free. .I dont consider playing the game having to pay for anything. But hey everyone has their opinion right.

Cheers :Smile_honoring:

Members
45 posts
15,287 battles
6 minutes ago, Versili said:

If you see it that way ok . To me no cash down and not having to pay for it, that's free. Playing FTP means I can have fun, play the game and in some rather unusual cases have one SC drop something I wasn't even trying to get. I'll take it as free. .I dont consider playing the game having to pay for anything. But hey everyone has their opinion right.

Cheers :Smile_honoring:

SEEMS YOU SPEND MORE TIME TROLLING FORUMS THEN PLAYING 

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,334 posts
20 minutes ago, CaptSalt said:

SEEMS YOU SPEND MORE TIME TROLLING FORUMS THEN PLAYING 

"Than" ..and of you think I don't play, let's say I've been playing since open beta.

And I don't troll. Why would I even bother. Just some feedback to a response. Nothing more. M8

:Smile_honoring:Cheers