You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Merlox

Remove Tier 4 CVs from the game.

128 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,221 battles

Honestly if any one has even attempted to play a low tier game. There's 10+ CVs waiting at any given time. Most games are launching 6-8 players. often having 4-6 CVs in it. 

No wonder why WG is having trouble getting new players in the game. WG has no thought process behind this.

• Cool 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 4

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles

I'd say remove double CV games. I'd be more than happy to wait longer if there was going to be a guarantee its 1CV per side.  

I don't play tier 4 CV games, to be clear. 

Edited by Merc_R_Us
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[-VT-]
Members
375 posts
17,594 battles

Playing tier 3 BB's vs 4 cv game is the most painful experience in wows as they have no aa whatsoever

• Sad 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,099 posts
4,341 battles

Why stop at T4?

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 9

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,221 battles
1 minute ago, zippychippy said:

Playing tier 3 BB's vs 4 cv game is the most painful experience in wows as they have no aa whatsoever

Trying to help new friends up the tiers. and it's literally just Him and I and 3 other rando cvs vs 1 BB, 1 DD, and 3 CVs. We have 0 AA and 3 bombers keep going after him.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,325 posts
14,923 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I'd say remove double CV games. I'd be more than happy to wait longer if there was going to be a guarantee its 1CV per side.  

That would increase queue dumps and would make non-CV matches extremely rare. Beware of unintended side effects. Back in the RTS days tier 4 matches were almost always two per team but it was easier for no/low AA ships to make the attack whiff where now you may dodge the first pass but there are more coming and you will likely be out of position to dodge the later ones.

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,966 battles
8 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Honestly if any one has even attempted to play a low tier game. There's 10+ CVs waiting at any given time. Most games are launching 6-8 players. often having 4-6 CVs in it. 

No wonder why WG is having trouble getting new players in the game. WG has no thought process behind this.

Funny this coming from a player with over 700 battles in CV's?

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,414 posts
18,358 battles

CV haters get out. It ain't gonna happen, but go on slamming your heads against a brick wall. It amuses me. 

WG has already put a hard cap on T4 CV; you shouldn't be seeing three a side any more, and if you are, it's a bug that needs reporting.

Too many people don't remember when a Hosho could attack with two flights simultaneously from different angles. Or choose to forget.

• Cool 7
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 17

Members
1,408 posts
1,852 battles
24 minutes ago, Merlox said:

These are the kind of games I hope to get into. More planes to shoot down. Plus small teams make the games more fun.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That would increase queue dumps and would make non-CV matches extremely rare. Beware of unintended side effects. Back in the RTS days tier 4 matches were almost always two per team but it was easier for no/low AA ships to make the attack whiff where now you may dodge the first pass but there are more coming and you will likely be out of position to dodge the later ones.

I would think people would rather play 1 CV games 100% of the time than:

Double CV games 60% of the time

Single CV games 20% of the time, and

No CV games 20% of the time, at the Tier 4 Level. 

Those percentages are what I remember from playing tier 4.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,325 posts
14,923 battles
1 minute ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I would think people would rather play 1 CV games 100% of the time than:

Double CV games 60% of the time

Single CV games 20% of the time, and

No CV games 20% of the time, at the Tier 4 Level. 

Those percentages are what I remember from playing tier 4.

If you don't have good AA it still isn't fun. I had one of my ARP Kongo's which have decent AA out in random yesterday and it was a 4/5 match and the Hermes was laughing at my AA but did take a few planes out. Now imagine playing against that with no AA.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

This look like one of those remover arty threads. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

If you don't have good AA it still isn't fun. I had one of my ARP Kongo's which have decent AA out in random yesterday and it was a 4/5 match and the Hermes was laughing at my AA but did take a few planes out. Now imagine playing against that with no AA.

Oh yeah I get it. It's brutal. When I play that level in something other than a CV, I'm sticking like glue to allied ships. It may not be the normal fun but it ends up being a a different playthrough than usual.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Better idea -- correct the flaws in the current AA system, and rule that all ships that can face carriers shall sit in a certain range of AA efficacy, even if that means giving some lower-tier ships fictional AA refits. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 8

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
9,173 battles

A maximum of two CV's per side at tier IV would be fine IF Wargaming would go back and make adjustments to ships with pathetic, ineffective AA or those with literally no AA of any type. I'm not asking for Halland-esque AA on these ships, but at least give them the ability to punish planes loitering overhead within an AA bubble (if one is even present...) trying to line up perfect drops. As a matter of fact, I believe Wargaming should do a balance pass on ALL AA, but that's another topic.

As it stands, I don't bother playing anything lower than tier V-VI anymore (unless it's in co-op on my work toaster PC). Two CV's with zero effective defense is not, and never will be, fun for me. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
58 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Pvp or pve? I have not seen such low qeue  numbers in PvP unless it's very late at night. Even around midnight  it seems the number carriers to other ships is some what proportionate.

[TF16A]
Modder
690 posts
864 battles

So...how about removing Tier IV CV's...but bump them up to Tier V? That would mess up the odd tier line up though but then we also have the missing CV's... who need a home somewhere in the tiers. I don't know... :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 hour ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Probably there are a lot of players trying the CV class, just to learn, they may not reach t6 and t8.

[HECC]
Members
21 posts
2,879 battles

Honestly, as a CV main I think that AA at T4 needs to get a big buff. Not just for the sake of the non CV players but for the sake of the CV players too. Sure, right now they get to 'enjoy' dropping on defenseless ships, but they also don't get to learn skills that are important to carrier play like flack dodging. I don't even know what I could compare it to, but the amount of useless carrier players I have seen at T6 makes me feel like the OP levels of T4 works for no one.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[NFJF]
Beta Testers
211 posts
9,944 battles

Add some aa to lower tier ships would not be bad idea.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,325 posts
14,923 battles
41 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Oh yeah I get it. It's brutal. When I play that level in something other than a CV, I'm sticking like glue to allied ships. It may not be the normal fun but it ends up being a a different playthrough than usual.

It is hard with a 25 know ship to keep up with the 30 plus knot ships, sooner or later you will be alone.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles

Veteran players trying to Seal Club in low tiers getting Clubbed themselves.

Then proceed to go on the forums and say things like, "THINK OF THE NEWBIES!"

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[TOG]
Members
231 posts
11,528 battles

I agree with the OP.

My solution: If people want to play CV's in T4, make it Co-Op only.

OR

Limit it to ONE CV per side and then it is at least bearable.

WG has beautifully modeled ships in Tier 4 and it's futile to play them because of being mauled constantly by two CV's.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,304 posts
26,945 battles
1 hour ago, Merlox said:

Have not played low tiers in quite a long time...........seems like ages ago ..................with 352 ships in port I should one day return to see what its like ????

• Meh 1