Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jamminram1

Why is the Tier 9 Cruiser Siegfried not available to all?

8 comments in this topic

[I-B]
Members
11 posts
15,001 battles

I was just in a random battle, and was very surprised to see a new tier 9 German heavy cruiser called Siegfried. Why is this cruiser in a battle with no prior notification, yet not available for purchase anywhere that I can find? You do not think this gives the player an unfair advantage when the opposing team has never even seen it before? Or what it can do? I would like an explanation as to why wargaming continues to use paying players as guinea pigs for their pleasure?

Regards,

Jamminram1/ John Cribbs

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts

Hidden in the patch notes for 0.9.5:

image.thumb.png.b80b46f149ac9265e270251e84471c13.png

Make sure you click "New Content" after clicking this link: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-095-dockyard/#other-changes

So, Siegfried is available for all, just that it's release was not widely announced. You can purchase it for 47k RP in the RB (not the most popular resource).

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles

It is available to all. The choice you have to make is whether you want to put the work in to get her. But that's the case with every ship. It just so happens the threshold is a bit higher for this one.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,771 posts
11,291 battles

I was expecting this to be yet another thread raging against the Research Bureau. Imagine my surprise when it is instead a case of someone not taking the time to read the patch notes. :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,131 posts
4,342 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

I was expecting this to be yet another thread raging against the Research Bureau. Imagine my surprise when it is instead a case of someone not taking the time to read the patch notes. :Smile_sceptic:

Yeah, every patch week there's multiple thread of people who basically can't be bothered to read the patch notes.

To be fair, WG has been making relevant info harder and harder to find. The articles usually has a few of the events and new premiums highlighted at the top, with the details often hidden in spoilers or even in separate articles. Then the myriad balance changes, testing announcements, premium ship movements, etc are hidden at the very bottom in spoilers. It's quite easy to skim the patch notes page and completely miss most of the relevant info. I've learned by now to read everything, but I do understand how small (but important) details get overlooked.

[LOIN]
Supertester
854 posts
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Reading is overated.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,125 posts
6,782 battles

Do some people really find reading that difficult? I always wonder. :Smile_smile:

I understand that WG often makes some relevant information a bit hard to find, but it's not like they're hidden so well that no one can find it. Heck, even following the trail of the in-game news notification will get the players to most relevant details... including that of Siegfried. It's not a rocket science. :Smile_smile:

I am compelled to use this image, whenever a thread like this shows up, lol. :Smile_smile:

reading_iz_op.thumb.png.f59d36738c83526332c92cb1ba69c41e.png

I guess reading really is overpowered... lel. :Smile_smile:

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this