Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

WoWS x Warhammer 40,000 — Demonstrate Your Allegiance to the Imperium or Chaos in World of Warships

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,776
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,549 posts
13,910 battles

Read the details about our long-awaited collaboration: new ships, Commanders, containers, and much more!


Read it on the portal
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[ANCMD]
Members
5 posts
6,325 battles

This game is getting like all the other MMROP games. Only those who have the real money to spend and don't have a life are able to get the ships that dominate those who don't have either. 

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
8,238 battles
1 minute ago, Wthomp said:

This game is getting like all the other MMROP games. Only those who have the real money to spend and don't have a life are able to get the ships that dominate those who don't have either. 

Its an Amagi with slower reload. 

 

  • Cool 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
33 posts
7,338 battles

Just some input, selling the containers individually only unpackaged for $1.20 is not the greatest idea. A credit card company sees a few separate charges all for small denominations to a Belarusian company and says nani the fug and locks the card.

I'm not planning on buying any of these but still not the greatest sale strategy assuming you don't want people to have to call their credit card company to make a $12 purchase in 10 parts or whatever.

  • Cool 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
505 posts
10,168 battles
1 hour ago, UncannyTransmition said:

Just some input, selling the containers individually only unpackaged for $1.20 is not the greatest idea. A credit card company sees a few separate charges all for small denominations to a Belarusian company and says nani the fug and locks the card.

 I'm not planning on buying any of these but still not the greatest sale strategy assuming you don't want people to have to call their credit card company to make a $12 purchase in 10 parts or whatever.

no, its either luxemburg or cyprus, two tax heavens

same as you purchase other sketchy online services

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[ARA-I]
Members
103 posts
1,965 battles
2 hours ago, UncannyTransmition said:

Just some input, selling the containers individually only unpackaged for $1.20 is not the greatest idea. A credit card company sees a few separate charges all for small denominations to a Belarusian company and says nani the fug and locks the card.

I'm not planning on buying any of these but still not the greatest sale strategy assuming you don't want people to have to call their credit card company to make a $12 purchase in 10 parts or whatever.

What I did is use some spare PayPal balance. Others could do something similar with a single injection of cash into PP, and then use that to pay for the individual container purchases.

I'd have used Steam wallet funds, but the single containers don't seem to appear in the in-game Premium Shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles

I'm sure some are interested in this collab, but personally, I don't need more Amagi clones in my port.

Since there is no unique content, I'll be passing this one up.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[ARA-I]
Members
103 posts
1,965 battles

I already have an Amagi, but I liked the Imperium voice the Ignis Purgatio commander comes with.

I wish WG provided more voicepacks. Nothing flashy nor necessarily immersion-breaking, but rather to provide some variety instead of having close to a single voice per nation.

Edited by SeaShadowAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TNG]
Members
9 posts
4,206 battles

Is there a way to use yamamoto on these boats and still get the voice acting from the commanders ? If so, I would definitely buy the chaos boat. 

 

Otherwise I am not down for leveling up a commander from 3 points....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[AAYC]
[AAYC]
Members
18 posts
19,635 battles

Why people buy this junk is beyond me? But I'm glad they do, so I don't have to.

  • Cool 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[SKI]
Members
248 posts
48,705 battles

I cannot believe anybody with 4 brain cells to rub together would buy this stuff...LOLOL

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[TCAL]
Members
1,203 posts
12,430 battles

Not a Warhammer fan but even if I were I don't have that kind of money laying around.  Way to go WG, ignoring the hit so many have taken due to the government's ludicrous over reaction to the "pandemic". And don't talk about all the lives saved, many more will die due to suicide from being cooped up and from not having health screenings done (cancer caught too late, etc.), than from the Wuhan Flu. And that's not to mention the millions that will die in 3rd world countries due to their economies collapsing (us not buying their raw materials, etc.).

WG COULD have had an affordable event, but NOOOOO! :cap_horn:

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
539 battles

Can't even buy JUST the crates through steam? You can buy everything else but dropping just $1.20 on a box doesn't even let you use your steam wallet. Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
298
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,075 posts
3,885 battles
1 hour ago, UncleKalashnikov said:

Can't even buy JUST the crates through steam? You can buy everything else but dropping just $1.20 on a box doesn't even let you use your steam wallet. Why not?

Probably because they priced them so low that transaction fees eat up their profit...they should have made it a bundle of 5 for $6, that might have made more sense and spare them more transaction fees.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
483 posts
23,440 battles
4 hours ago, GunBoatz said:

I cannot believe anybody with 4 brain cells to rub together would buy this stuff...LOLOL

 

If you've played this game for more than three months, you know that most of its players would count themselves fortunate if they had three.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[LOLZ]
Members
23 posts
14,289 battles

Why MUST i buy 10 containers one at a time instead of all 5 available to me at once?  What is the benefit of only buying one?  If you get the worst prize of 5 camos per crate, isn't  25 camos for $6 a deal?  I won't buy now because the purchase is too tedious.

Edited by ATCC
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
445
[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,477 battles
16 hours ago, Agmar1 said:

Its an Amagi with slower reload. 

 

Heresy!

6 hours ago, GunBoatz said:

I cannot believe anybody with 4 brain cells to rub together would buy this stuff...LOLOL

 

Elitist Heresy!

8 hours ago, Taffy_03 said:

Why people buy this junk is beyond me? But I'm glad they do, so I don't have to.

Greedy Heresy!

Re-skinned Amagi's & not the least bit interesting. This is actually worse that the Kobayashi Beer-can debacle. 

Lazy, lazy, lazy. 

Bad form, WeeG. Very.

You know, no one can stop you from Jar-jar-ing your own IP, but when you take a dump on someone else's (GW, in this case) it's really low tide.

*But to be fair, Game Workshop must've been hard up enough for the cash to take the deal, because it's a real steamer..

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[-BAB-]
Members
4 posts
3,272 battles

You know, I bit on the presale hoping that it'd be a decent advantage since 40k is pretty sweet. This package for this price, considering the money spent on the presale seems like a pretty big FU. I loved the amagi and getting a premium would be sweet, but the price outright is pretty insane, and the price per crate seems like trash too. Kinda bummed, Guess Ill just keep my regular amagi and dedicate a commander to him. Good thing I can just force all voice overs to the 40k commanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
140 posts
20,626 battles
14 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

Not a Warhammer fan but even if I were I don't have that kind of money laying around.  Way to go WG, ignoring the hit so many have taken due to the government's ludicrous over reaction to the "pandemic". And don't talk about all the lives saved, many more will die due to suicide from being cooped up and from not having health screenings done (cancer caught too late, etc.), than from the Wuhan Flu. And that's not to mention the millions that will die in 3rd world countries due to their economies collapsing (us not buying their raw materials, etc.).

WG COULD have had an affordable event, but NOOOOO! :cap_horn:

I love you sir!  Stay essential!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
On 6/19/2020 at 10:15 AM, Wthomp said:

This game is getting like all the other MMROP games. Only those who have the real money to spend and don't have a life are able to get the ships that dominate those who don't have either. 

Those arent gret ship as more experienced players says... You dont need premium ships to win here. They just buy you time.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:18 AM, UncannyTransmition said:

Just some input, selling the containers individually only unpackaged for $1.20 is not the greatest idea. A credit card company sees a few separate charges all for small denominations to a Belarusian company and says nani the fug and locks the card.

I'm not planning on buying any of these but still not the greatest sale strategy assuming you don't want people to have to call their credit card company to make a $12 purchase in 10 parts or whatever.

It lacks option to buy all 5 at once... No good.

23 hours ago, Primace said:

no, its either luxemburg or cyprus, two tax heavens

same as you purchase other sketchy online services

That i why all RU game companies have their headquarters there? or a small office at least?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[BE-ER]
[BE-ER]
Members
1 post
10,937 battles

Da War Bosses Demand OUR ships with Mo Dakka !!! We be Tired of No one Giving us our Du..... The Waagh  must go on !!!! Puny Hoomans..... Ned our grots too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[CNTS]
Members
8 posts
14,286 battles

To much money for a camo, a captain, a flag, and a module (reload change)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
219 posts
9,753 battles

They look alright but I'm not a fan of reskinning tech tree ships and selling them as premium ships. Now what would be really cool is Warhammer 40k themed T10 Perma camos! My Halland wishes to serve the Emperor! :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×