You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Submarines Gone ....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

34 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,776 posts
21,642 battles

So the twenty days have past , this cant be so, NO this cant be happening.

WG BRING THEM BACK, BRING THEM BACK, BRING THEM BACK, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THIS CANT BE REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK THE SUBS 

Damn You Charlton Heston GIF - DamnYou CharltonHeston ...

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 2

[O_O]
Members
6,276 posts
14,602 battles

WG tried.  Alas, subs were a failure.  Gone forever.

:cap_haloween::cap_horn:

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 4

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
174 posts
7,889 battles

Goodbye, Good Luck, Good Riddance

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
791 posts
9,630 battles
20 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

WG tried.  Alas, subs were a failure.  Gone forever.

:cap_haloween::cap_horn:

Somehow, I don't think the event was a failure. I hereby declare your attempted troll as a failure.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,664 posts

Actually, I was really looking forward to them, thinking about what they could be and do. Butt alas, I was underwhelmed. So I am back to CVs, specifically Kaga. Looking forward to the German line (of course). 

However, now we are in the very interesting time... that space/time between our test results, their test results with some form of declaration about the success of the event. 

Will be very interesting, indeed. 

Members
285 posts
12,655 battles

I played in the submarine mode this morning (with surface ships)???

[--V--]
Members
1,296 posts
13,072 battles

I played subs once last week.  I found the German U-boat to be un-satisfying and disturbing..

1. The sub was not very maneuverable.  In contrast to real life where subs were considered very nimble for their speed (slow).
  2. I was attacked by 2 different DDs, several times.  But since I stayed between 10m and the surface I received almost zero damage.  This despite turning in circles around multiple DDs, Cruisers and a BB.
  3. Sank 2 ships, mostly by luck I think.  I didn't quite get the hang of the ping mechanism in first match.  Would need more practice.
  4. I never grasped the Air/oxygen mechanic and how to manage.  Need more practice.
  5. Hated the underwater view.  Its graphically pleasing, but from a tactical standpoint I felt it didn't provide enough information about the ships close around me.  I mean, if my spotting can tell a BB 15km away everything about said ship.  Me,,,, the one doing the spotting should have the same info.  Again,,, probably user/sub-noob error.  Need more time in the boat.

I actually found the mode quite boring.  Spent a lot of time just figuring out how to control going up and down.  As successful as I was as a skill-less noob, if WG doesn't make some serious nerfs to subs before they get to randoms, it could be ugly.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,498 posts
20,266 battles

These pictures show how much interest I have in subs...

image.png.9b038f3db8b28ced6451edeb9bf7b331.png

image.thumb.png.b8e28318da6d357eb3fcf845fe5bbd14.png

[PRVTR]
[PRVTR]
Beta Testers
239 posts
5,680 battles

If you go to the sub rental screen you can purchase all three of the subs, captains, and slots for zero money/credits/resources.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
3,933 posts
18,961 battles
46 minutes ago, Khafni said:

These pictures show how much interest I have in subs...

image.png.9b038f3db8b28ced6451edeb9bf7b331.png

image.thumb.png.b8e28318da6d357eb3fcf845fe5bbd14.png

Where you are wrong is not using this as a pre nerf tier 6 dd operation. Only 3 real players per team, the rest bots. I used the one free premium time day with silly flags to earn about 70k fxp from 5 games thanks to the 100 percent win bonus.

regarding subs themselves, i played 1 game and that was enough.

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Thanks 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,498 posts
20,266 battles
8 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Where you are wrong is not using this as a pre nerf tier 6 dd operation. Only 3 real players per team, the rest bots. I used the one free premium time day with silly flags to earn about 70k fxp from 5 games thanks to the 100 percent win bonus.

regarding subs themselves, i played 1 game and that was enough.

Good point and thanks!

[DENY]
Beta Testers
257 posts
12,580 battles

I don't know I rather enjoyed subs, And once you got the hang of them you could do pretty well.

Sorry about the poor picks  i had to screen shot them off of discordant

Screenshot_20200619-093330_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20200619-093319_Discord.jpg

Members
32 posts

Rental period expired... subs removed... but for some reason the captains weren't, so now I have three 19-point captains sitting in my reserve who can't be assigned anywhere because WG made submarines have their own special type of captain incompatible with any other ship type.

Weird. I mean, I didn't really expect them to just comp me three free 19-point captains when I'm still working on grinding my first out the long way around, but... c'mon. This is just teasing. I think I'll let them hang around to see whether WG changes them to regular captains later, or just removes them when the next patch drops. Or, y'know, just leaves them as they are to tempt players into buying subs when they go up for pre-release sale. Probably that last one.

[RCN]
Beta Testers
28 posts
3,814 battles

Amazing that people put more effort into posting about their lack of interest in a mode which you had to purposely select. I felt the WG did a great job on it and I look forward to their return, but withis as well.

The Mysterious Disappearance Of The French WW2 Submarine Surcouf

• Cool 2

[KOBK]
Members
3 posts
1,550 battles
On 6/19/2020 at 4:36 AM, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Somehow, I don't think the event was a failure. I hereby declare your attempted troll as a failure.

All who played and figured it out had a great time, the Trolls who gave up are just whining......

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[USCG]
Members
5 posts
14,360 battles

Can hardly wait tell they come back permanently. I check everyday for news. Subs are great for those who took the time to learn to play them. Was pretty much the only ship I played when they were available, even stopped doing ranked, which I love playing.

• Cool 1

Members
19 posts
3,399 battles
4 hours ago, CGC716 said:

Can hardly wait tell they come back permanently. I check everyday for news. Subs are great for those who took the time to learn to play them. Was pretty much the only ship I played when they were available, even stopped doing ranked, which I love playing.

Same here. I played them almost exclusively when they were out and checking every day for news of their return.

Going back to the surface ships is almost boring now.

[ABCD3]
Members
448 posts
10,539 battles
On 6/19/2020 at 3:07 AM, crookytweet said:

If you go to the sub rental screen you can purchase all three of the subs, captains, and slots for zero money/credits/resources.

Yup, that is what I did too.   I got the subs on the first day, 1st level, and right-clicked it and purchased all three of them one by one.  Still have them in port.   

[CVA16]
Members
5,111 posts
15,291 battles
4 hours ago, CGC716 said:

That's part of the problem. There were always lots of sub players in the queue. Got to be very few players of anything else. And that was with extra rewards for playing in the mode.  That tells you how much fun it is to play against subs (for the population at large).

Members
19 posts
3,399 battles
14 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

That's part of the problem. There were always lots of sub players in the queue. Got to be very few players of anything else. And that was with extra rewards for playing in the mode.  That tells you how much fun it is to play against subs (for the population at large).

Actually, once my rental time for the subs was over, I found it quite fun to hunt them in my Budy and Dallas. Was a real cat and mouse type of game. Had to keep an eye on incoming from enemy surface ships, while at the same time try to hunt down the subs.Taking out a sub was a pretty rewarding experience. I don't think a lot of people gave it a real chance.

Playing with subs required a different mindset. Knowing a subs location required patience, because a depth charge run too soon generally ended up with being piled on by the subs friendly surface ships, if he was smart enough to stay close to them for fire support. The subs who wanted to lone wolf it had to play it smart, because once they were located, a good CA and DD team made short work of them. It was a whole different style of game play. Guess that's why I enjoyed it so much.

Edited by treadhead52

[BOMBL]
Members
9 posts
On 7/1/2020 at 11:58 PM, treadhead52 said:

Same here. I played them almost exclusively when they were out and checking every day for news of their return.

Going back to the surface ships is almost boring now.

Yea same here! I loved playing the sub mode! I hope the integrate them into the other modes and make them a permanent part of the game!

• Thanks 1

Members
18 posts
4,354 battles

I actually played my other T6 ships half the time so that it would help cycle through the folks wanting to play subs, and I encouraged others in game to do the same.  The Perth is a fun sub hunter!