You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

How to Change Accounts on Main Web Page

10 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

About 2 weeks ago when we were forced to use the WGC, I decided to set up an Alt Account on NA ... just to see how easy/difficult it was to switch accounts and, you know, get that "Full Enhanced Experienced" we were promised.  :Smile_sceptic:

Well, now things seem screwed up ... I can log into my Wargaming.net account and it takes me to DocWalker ... as it should.

But when I select WorldOfWarships, it takes me to the main WOWS web page ... but as my new Alt ID. wth?

If I then select to go to the Forums, I'm back as DocWalker.

Of course if I'm on the WOWS web site under my Alt, I can't do things as DocWalker ... like hiding/sharing stats, or see all the detail I would as my primary.

Anyone know how I can change my ID on WOWS back to my Primary?

I'll submit a ticket if needed, but with all the people that have Alts, I figured someone has run into this before.  Thanks 

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
4 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

About 2 weeks ago when we were forced to use the WGC, I decided to set up an Alt Account on NA ... just to see how easy/difficult it was to switch accounts and, you know, get that "Full Enhanced Experienced" we were promised.  :Smile_sceptic:

Well, now things seem screwed up ... I can log into my Wargaming.net account and it takes me to DocWalker ... as it should.

But when I select WorldOfWarships, it takes me to the main WOWS web page ... but as my new Alt ID. wth?

If I then select to go to the Forums, I'm back as DocWalker.

Of course if I'm on the WOWS web site under my Alt, I can't do things as DocWalker ... like hiding/sharing stats, or see all the detail I would as my primary.

Anyone know how I can change my ID on WOWS back to my Primary?

I'll submit a ticket if needed, but with all the people that have Alts, I figured someone has run into this before.  Thanks 

To clarify, your issue is with the WoWS news site and not WGC? You should be able to log in/out easily by clicking your name on the top right corner:

image.thumb.png.59cce34fecf11abece9f8976103fd2c8.png

Once you log out, you can log in with the account you want to.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

To clarify, your issue is with the WoWS news site and not WGC? You should be able to log in/out easily by clicking your name on the top right corner:

image.thumb.png.59cce34fecf11abece9f8976103fd2c8.png

Once you log out, you can log in with the account you want to.

I have tried to logout multiple times to no avail ... every time I try reopening WOWS (yes, the news site) it automatically loads in with my Alt ID.  I have tried purging cache, etc, as well.

The ONLY way I can get to my Primary ID is to log in to Wargaming.net ... but when I choose to play WOWS, it goes back to the Alt ID.

If I choose the Forum from the WOWS site, it loads my in with my Primary ID.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,721 posts
15,210 battles

Try logging out and back in with the account you want.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Try logging out and back in with the account you want.

As said above, on worldofwarships. com I can NOT logout of the website by clicking on my Alt ID name and choosing Logout ... it just reloads the website with the Alt ID ... I don't know how many times I've tried that

I can open wargaming.net and login with my primary ID (DocWalker)... but when I choose WorldOfWarships ... it load the website with my Alt ID

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,721 posts
15,210 battles
9 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

As said above, on worldofwarships. com I can NOT logout of the website by clicking on my Alt ID name and choosing Logout ... it just reloads the website with the Alt ID ... I don't know how many times I've tried that

I can open wargaming.net and login with my primary ID (DocWalker)... but when I choose WorldOfWarships ... it load the website with my Alt ID

I was not able to log out and stay logged out when logged into the forum but could when I logged out of the forum first.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I was not able to log out and stay logged out when logged into the forum but could when I logged out of the forum first.

I didn't have the Forum open when I tried logging out of worldofwarships.com ... but I didn't log out of the Forum first.  Maybe that had something to do with the issue.  I still can't figure out why it switched from my primary to alt, however.  Just strange.  Thanks ...

I decided to bite the bullet and delete all cookies ... that seems to have cleared up the issue.  Even though trying to login multiple times with WG is always an exercise in bouncing around multiple servers.

Thanks for your ideas.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,721 posts
15,210 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

I didn't have the Forum open when I tried logging out of worldofwarships.com ... but I didn't log out of the Forum first.  Maybe that had something to do with the issue.  I still can't figure out why it switched from my primary to alt, however.  Just strange.  Thanks ...

I decided to bite the bullet and delete all cookies ... that seems to have cleared up the issue.  Even though trying to login multiple times with WG is always an exercise in bouncing around multiple servers.

Thanks for your ideas.

Glad you found a solution.

• Thanks 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,801 posts
20,623 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

Thanks for your ideas

I can also give you another idea

Open a different browser program for each acnt .. for example your main Docwalker on IE, then your alt acnt open in Chromes or google .......

I have double screen, left for NA forum; the right for Asia forum

then alternate other website for surfing using different web-browser

No problem at all

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I have tried to logout multiple times to no avail ... every time I try reopening WOWS (yes, the news site) it automatically loads in with my Alt ID.  I have tried purging cache, etc, as well.

The ONLY way I can get to my Primary ID is to log in to Wargaming.net ... but when I choose to play WOWS, it goes back to the Alt ID.

If I choose the Forum from the WOWS site, it loads my in with my Primary ID.

Glad to hear you fixed the problem by clearing cookies!

In a similar vein to @ObiphanKenobi, you can try using Incognito Mode (Chrome)/Private Browsing (Firefox)/InPrivate (IE) etc. It's Ctrl + Shift + N for Chrome and Ctrl + Shift + P for almost every other browser.

• Thanks 1