You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Premium Ship Review #149 - Ragnarok & Ignis Purgatio

107 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,803 posts
21,705 battles

ebvJOw2.jpg

• Cool 16
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,922 posts
10,311 battles

I'm a simple man: I see LWM review, I give an upvote.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
6,680 posts
3,338 battles

The one thing that could have made this better would have been a few TTS references scattered throughout.

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,254 posts
11,723 battles

Can we get a mod to make these ships to display Japanese names instead since they are in fact Japanese? Rengoku no Honō and Mokushiroku would make awesome Japanese BB names!

• Haha 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,317 posts
4,773 battles

In the first pic in the OP (not LWM generated), the last word is misspelled. 

[SIM]
Members
5,849 posts
9,315 battles

Thanks for the review, Mouse. The ships seem kind of dire, but that just makes them easier to pass on. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,712 posts
10,843 battles
11 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

In the first pic in the OP (not LWM generated), the last word is misspelled. 

However will we surive?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
54 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Let me be clear:  Ignis Purgatio and Ragnarok DO have better dispersion but it's not significant enough for you to ever be able to notice its influence.

Something I've often wonder LWM is this: Does RNG play a factor in our noticing such a tiny change in dispersion? Possibly? tia. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,742 battles

Thanks, as someone who is a sucker for IJN ships I appreciate the ammo to curb my must have mentality :D

Will keep using my Ashitika and Kii :cap_cool:

[WG-CC]
12,712 posts
10,843 battles
32 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Something I've often wonder LWM is this: Does RNG play a factor in our noticing such a tiny change in dispersion? Possibly? tia. 

Allow me to illustrate the difficulty in perceiving dispersion:

pSQkmAM.jpg

3h82JdL.jpg

Does this ship have good or bad dispersion?  This is more feedback than you would get in game, where you're lobbing shells from afar, unable to clearly see by how much you're overshooting.  If the target is moving fast, how do you isolate if dispersion trolled you or your aim was off?  My experiences with Arizona and later with mapping Yamato vs Musashi and redoing Missouri's every time Flamu suspected something was off has taught me this:  We are incapable of perceiving anything but vastly different levels of dispersion.  A difference of 0.3 sigma is almost a must before something will "feel" more accurate.  Keep in mind, for the longest time Fuso (1.5 sigma) was considered more accurate by a good portion of the community than Nagato (2.0 sigma) -- so the number of shells fired seems to matter more for the sake of perception than even a tremendous bump in accuracy.

I don't think RNGeebus matters all that much (hallowed be His name and glory to His icosagonal visage; long may His reign be chaotic and unpredictable).  Your mood at the given time will affect your perception of the woes of dispersion more than RNGeebus ever will.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

Members
1,433 posts
1,852 battles

So, how about that giant cannon in Ragnarok's bow? And the 32 missile launchers on each side of Ignis Purgatio(considering this is the Imperium of Man, I'm guessing that's what they are).

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
19 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

So, how about that giant cannon in Ragnarok's bow? And the 32 missile launchers on each side of Ignis Purgatio(considering this is the Imperium of Man, I'm guessing that's what they are).

The bow cannon appears to be a Gatling-style assault cannon, maybe good for scaring DDs out of the way with a spray of vaguely-straight-flying 90mm shells.  

The missiles will fire, but will land all over a giant area hitting no actual ships.  

#WH40K  :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
12,712 posts
10,843 battles
22 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

The cannon on Ragnarok's bow is derived from the Chaos Heldrake and is a Hades Autocannon.
The barrels down the length of Ignis Pugartio are macrocannons or one of their analogous counterparts making up the weapon batteries of Imperium starships.

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The cannon on Ragnarok's bow is derived from the Chaos Heldrake and is a Hades Autocannon.
The barrels down the length of Ignis Pugartio are macrocannons or one of their analogous counterparts making up the weapon batteries of Imperium starships.

Just out of curiosity (lol), Miss Maus, if you were to just go for one of them, which would you recommend? LEL. :Smile_trollface:

Not that I'm really gonna get one or anything, but just curious, that's all... lul. :fish_cute_2:

That being asked, if I were to take a guess... I would think that you're more of the Chaos fan, than the Imperium? LAL. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WG-CC]
12,712 posts
10,843 battles
3 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Just out of curiosity (lol), Miss Maus, if you were to just go for one of them, which would you recommend? LEL. :Smile_trollface:

Not that I'm really gonna get one or anything, but just curious, that's all... lul. :fish_cute_2:

That being asked, if I were to take a guess... I would think that you're more of the Chaos fan, than the Imperium? LAL. :Smile_teethhappy:

I like Ignis Purgatio's design better than Ragnarok's, honestly.  Clearly the typo on her purity seals means that she's secretly a traitor.

• Cool 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,316 posts

In case anyone was wondering what Warhammer40K is this sums it up nicely

• Funny 3
  • Haha 2

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I like Ignis Purgatio's design better than Ragnarok's, honestly.  Clearly the typo on her purity seals means that she's secretly a traitor.

e75.thumb.jpg.d7d65d2bf31e2e9287ab71e3934fb629.jpg

:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[WG-CC]
12,712 posts
10,843 battles
2 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

In case anyone was wondering what Warhammer40K is this sums it up nicely

Warhammer 40,000 extremism is so much fun to meme.

For those looking for something easily digestible that touches base on some of the gothic horror that I love about the setting, I highly recommend the short YouTube series "Astartes".  It won't explain much and that's entirely the point.

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,215 posts
3,359 battles

I don't know why but every time I look at the title picture all I see is a ship with a button-up vest a pair of jeans for a mast! XD

Good job translating the writing too Mousie!

[WOLFH]
Members
371 posts
23,525 battles

Skulls for the Skull Throne

Blood for the Blood God

Khorne for the Khorneflakes

:fish_viking:

Edited by Grantwhy
  • Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,929 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Shots came in from right to left -- the Fuso is effectively bow-tanking.

Hi, is this true of these images from all of these reviews? If so I've been reading these images completely wrong for literally years lol. 

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
14 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Warhammer 40,000 extremism is so much fun to meme.

For those looking for something easily digestible that touches base on some of the gothic horror that I love about the setting, I highly recommend the short YouTube series "Astartes".  It won't explain much and that's entirely the point.

You know, Miss Maus, I was thinking that it could been more fun if you wrote this review in the WH40K style, i.e. so over-the-top and extreme, trying to make these two ships to look like unstoppable juggernauts... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

That's just me though, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Of course, you needed to write it normally, so most people can understand what you were saying... lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WPORT]
Members
9,908 posts
14,401 battles

Thank you for the informative ship reviews and the more interesting back-story of your connection to them, @LittleWhiteMouse:-)