You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArctixFox

Axis vs allies team Matchmaker Proposal

44 comments in this topic

[-POI-]
Members
28 posts
7,268 battles

With the new announcment of asymetric teams like a lot of t5 vs less t7 ships i wanted to put forward to pen the idea of Axis vs Allies teams to have a bit of historical imersion and more realistic battles take place like germany japan Italy vs uk us and france being on both sides from occupation with russia europe pan asia being wildcards since sweeden was neutral and russia was allied with germany at one point now that most of the historical ships have come out from all nations that participated in ww2 and ww1 it seems time to try this new battle mode in the game.

Edited by ArctixFox
  • Cool 8

[SALVO]
Members
8,212 posts
6,098 battles
Just now, ArctixFox said:

With the new announcment of asymetric teams like a lot of t5 vs less t7 ships i wanted to put forward to pen the idea of Axis vs Allies teams to have a bit of historical imersion and more realistic battles take place like germany japan Italy vs uk us russia and or europe pan asia now that most of the historical ships have come out from all nations that participated in ww2 and ww1 it seems time to try this new battle mode in the game.

As historical inmersion goes, I don't see how having KMS and IJN paper ships fighting side by side against allied VMS post war ships is any better than what we currently have. 

But it could be fun to have some sort of historical battle with the appropiate line ups.

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Radar.

shhh.... let the weebs and wehraboos have their fantasy.

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
27 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Radar.

And why not? It’s historical!

The Americans and Brits had radar, and the Russians of course, had the biggest and baddestest and longest range of all radar and ummmmm......ummmmmmmmm....uuuhhhhhhhh.

Awww,  horse-pucky! Never mind.

• Haha 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,690 battles
56 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

As historical inmersion goes, I don't see how having KMS and IJN paper ships fighting side by side against allied VMS post war ships is any better than what we currently have. 

But it could be fun to have some sort of historical battle with the appropiate line ups.

Yea.....  IJN can be axis or allied based on war.  Russian ships vary based on timing of WWII or Post war :D  That said, I do like the option of potentially historical gameplay actions....

[NMKJT]
Members
3,291 posts
8,467 battles
1 hour ago, ArctixFox said:

With the new announcment of asymetric teams like a lot of t5 vs less t7 ships i wanted to put forward to pen the idea of Axis vs Allies teams to have a bit of historical imersion and more realistic battles take place like germany japan Italy vs uk us russia and or europe pan asia now that most of the historical ships have come out from all nations that participated in ww2 and ww1 it seems time to try this new battle mode in the game.

As an optional side-mode, maybe. I'd never support national MM after seeing how much of a cancerous dumpster fire it is for balance and gameplay experience in the Other Game, though.

[PHD]
Members
1,930 posts
7,425 battles

It would be interesting for sure. But with all MM's issues I don't know if they could implement it all that well.

Members
4,671 posts
45,422 battles

Recreate battles but limit what ships are tier can be used.

Jutland would be interesting. Tsushima is out of the office because it's had a lot of pre-dreadnoughts. Pearl Harbor and Taranto would be also off limits.

Midway, Coral Sea, Marianas Turkey shoot,and WW2 ship to ship engagement would be fun.

But I also would like to see Battleship squadrons square off in a slugfest. Two battle lines, coconut oil, and a lot of nerve to go sling AP with stunning displays of explosions, cracked hulls, and beat down Battleships. All culminating in a victory with players feeling relatively satisfied with the battle. No islands, just open water.

We can even put DDs in their own mode, no meanie CVs allowed z no radar cruisers. Just passing fish around like a fishmonger.

Cruisers would want that pew pew match complete with minimal cover.

And CVs would just want big juicy BBs with crap AA sailing alone and spread so far apart that 8 CVs would unmercilessly bomb the crap out of such BBs. Maybe about 16 BBs vs 8 CVs. Oh the fun, oh the joy. Maybe play"Ode to Joy" while we are at it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,326 posts
14,923 battles

We had this back in alpha, less higher tier and more lower tier. I found it an interesting mode as real naval battles were rarely even matches.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
2 hours ago, ArctixFox said:

Trust me, WG would find a way to muck it up.  They've done it before with WoT.  Failed spectacularly.

• Cool 1

[CLRN]
Members
609 posts
122 battles
3 hours ago, ArctixFox said:

Whats the point? Axis wouldnt have radar and allies would have all the OP ships in the game. Smolensk, stalingrad, new russian t10 cruisers, OP russian captain (kuznetsov) etc. Why would anyone want to play with an axis ship in an axis vs allies game mode?

Edited by ghostbuster_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,212 posts
6,098 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

(Italians should be axis)

Can we finally have the historical perk of switching sides in midst of battle?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,872 posts
25,982 battles

Axis would get spanked so hard.  Almost all the best capabilities are Allied.

Imagine this:  Playing as an Allied DD knowing the best AA are Allied, the RTS CV era of IJN CVs dominating the game are over, and that all Radar are on your team and will never be on the Axis side.  The CVs with the best DD Killing capabilities are also Allied.

ch6-img8L.jpg

Hqncv8C.jpg

If this was done in late 2015, in that era of WoWS things were more even:

+ IJN CVs completely dominated and USN CVs were a joke.

+ USN BBs were quite bad compared to IJN;  IX-X USN BBs had Skyscraper Citadels still;  NC wasn't buffed (For example she didn't always have 2.0 Sigma), no Georgia / Mass / Ohio, no RN BBs to melt BBs, and German BBs had just arrived and were dominating Battleship Gameplay.  Colorado had no accuracy buffs and had 15k less HP than Nagato.  Arizona did not exist in the game yet.  No sweeping USN BB Buffs, that didn't happen until December 2018.

+ Yamato in her full glory, she used to have a Super Heal and Montana had a Skyscraper Citadel.  Montana used to be so bad that people insulted anyone that brought her into Randoms.  GK also just arrived.

+ Radar had not proliferated yet.  Atlanta and Des Moines for example didn't have Radar in December 2015.  That change came around spring or early summer 2016.

+ IJN DDs were still at the peak of their power before the nerfs started dropping in 2016. They were so good that anyone and everyone worked on IJN DDs, even me.  They were so good with Shimakaze in her full glory.  Even the tech tree IJN DDs of the time were so good that when Fujin / Kamikaze were released, they were deemed worthless because the regular ships are just as nice.

+ Allied Ship selection was a lot more limited to USN & USSR.  All the really strong USN Premiums of today did not exist.  No Georgia, Massachusetts, Benham, Alaska, Enterprise, Arizona, etc.

+ USN Cruisers didn't even get their split yet and were fraught with problems.  It took years of buffing and a Full USN Cruiser Split to make them worthwhile.

+ Stealth Fire Queen Zao.

Once we got to 2016 and with time the lineups expanded, game alterations, that window for Axis competition got slammed shut.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-POI-]
Members
28 posts
7,268 battles

i would like to point out to all the geidar comments that axis actually had good radars the ijn near the end of the war were starting to catch up and germany had the best radar on par with british radar not quite us standars but more importantly germany developed a coutner to radar called jammers a radar that blocked other radars and in this mode this could be implemented as a mechanic for the axis to have a fair chance

Edited by ArctixFox

[PHD]
Members
1,930 posts
7,425 battles
21 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Recreate battles but limit what ships are tier can be used.

Jutland would be interesting. Tsushima is out of the office because it's had a lot of pre-dreadnoughts. Pearl Harbor and Taranto would be also off limits.

Midway, Coral Sea, Marianas Turkey shoot,and WW2 ship to ship engagement would be fun.

But I also would like to see Battleship squadrons square off in a slugfest. Two battle lines, coconut oil, and a lot of nerve to go sling AP with stunning displays of explosions, cracked hulls, and beat down Battleships. All culminating in a victory with players feeling relatively satisfied with the battle. No islands, just open water.

We can even put DDs in their own mode, no meanie CVs allowed z no radar cruisers. Just passing fish around like a fishmonger.

Cruisers would want that pew pew match complete with minimal cover.

And CVs would just want big juicy BBs with crap AA sailing alone and spread so far apart that 8 CVs would unmercilessly bomb the crap out of such BBs. Maybe about 16 BBs vs 8 CVs. Oh the fun, oh the joy. Maybe play"Ode to Joy" while we are at it.

A recreation of the first, and second, battle of Guadalcanal  would be interesting as would Komondorski Islands, Salvo Island, Vela Gulf, Java Sea (a tie-in with new Dutch Cruisers?) not to mention some almost battles between the RN home fleet and Scharnhorst, Lutzow, Tirpitz and various cruisers. They could be tier 5 to 8 and no CVs battles. The Med could do historical as well as some could have beens, like if France had not fallen or the French fleet not been idle. French vs Italian or French and Italian against the RN and USN.

Some of the battles would be appropriate for the Ocean map.