You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Saidalphon

"Asymmetric Battles" ... w h a t?

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,555 battles

So in case no one has seen it, the wows Dev blog has blessed us with more amazing potential future content! 

We've been asking for new game modes for so long and i can safely say they've finally delivered:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/36?fbclid=IwAR3PHJLwyRf6j-JDryKXJI3sr3-vV0vZ1mfA4DN5jrr_6zk1GDPh9mrjNkQ

"Soon there will be a closed test session of battles with an asymmetric distribution of ships between two teams: one team will have a low number (4-6) of ships of Tiers VI-VII, and the opposing team will have 6-12 ships of Tiers V-VI. The usual class symmetry between teams is also not mandatory."

mTIuc87.jpg.8ffc72e6b1e10bc172fd196107a7e971.jpg

I dead@$$ don't know what to think anymore, you telling me 12 v 12 battles weren't already asymmetric with what ships get assigned to each team? Are they just trying to re-create the experience of having 4 afk ships?

To an extent i do SLIGHTLY understand what they're going for, that lower tier ships can still overcome higher tier ships but like...that involves VERY coordinated teamwork, something that, to this day, i have yet to see this game actively promote in its random battles, never-mind reward it at all.

Edited by Saidalphon
My brain did some bad math so i corrected the last sentence a bit.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

As long as this remains a separate mode that can be voluntarily selected like Random or Co-op or Scenario, I'm all for it. 

If it becomes part of the matchmaker for existing modes, a thing that can just happen out of the blue, then I'm 100% against it. 

Members
1,728 posts
11,839 battles

This idea isn't exactly new for them.  They did this before in the halloween event of 2016? i think.  I recall watching videos on it long before i started playing. 

It was tier 10 ships at tier 4 MM.  6 v 18 i think.  salem made an appearance.  I think the midway as well.  I didn't play it, but i thought it looked fun.  Would it work today? idk.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,306 posts
26,945 battles
42 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

As long as this remains a separate mode that can be voluntarily selected like Random or Co-op or Scenario, I'm all for it. 

If it becomes part of the matchmaker for existing modes, a thing that can just happen out of the blue, then I'm 100% against it. 

I agree...…………...

• Meh 1

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles
49 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

This idea isn't exactly new for them.  They did this before in the halloween event of 2016? i think.  I recall watching videos on it long before i started playing. 

It was tier 10 ships at tier 4 MM.  6 v 18 i think.  salem made an appearance.  I think the midway as well.  I didn't play it, but i thought it looked fun.  Would it work today? idk.

Yes they did. Also during open beta during regular randoms the teams were occasionally unbalanced in numbers as well

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,555 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

That is my hope as well, but WG has already surprised us many times before so...i'm not getting my hopes up.

Cause with a few div mates i can see this being fun, but in total randoms...yeah....

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

I'm eagerly awaiting all the people who defend +/- 2 matchmaking as a way to get more XP to turn out in support of this mode.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,967 battles
7 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting all the people who defend +/- 2 matchmaking as a way to get more XP to turn out in support of this mode.

I will try it.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,020 posts
7,858 battles

Back in the golden days of WOT tournies  - They operated on a point system  (points = tiers)   So you could use any tier tank to make up a team or any number of them..  As long as you stayed under the point max.  It was some of the more interesting competetive play I have seen..   you would be surprised the ideas some came up with tactically...     Our team won the 1st ever NA clan championship under this format utilizing T1s against T10s in defined roles on some maps.   I could see this being interesting .  Not sure it would make sense as a reoccurring  battle in random battles.. but could make for an interesting unique mode?          

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
2 hours ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

It was so long ago that I can't remember if people liked it or not anymore.

[NUWES]
Members
3,430 posts
12,802 battles

We really don't know what they plan on doing with this. We really don't even have enough information to speculate meaningfully. 

Members
4,682 posts
45,595 battles
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I wonder what they will call it? Pew Pew mode? Butt whipping mode? The playground? Battle Royale? Are we going to have players get announced prior to battle with pomp and ceremony? Maybe have waifus strut around in little botes holding cards up with names of players?

Most likely the Seal Club. Because if it pays good, then we will see a few.. ahem... questionable players go in there with 19 point captains.

I would never do that. I got a plethora of 10 point captains for those low tiers. I like a challenge and going down there is akin to playing sports in highschool and you are way to old to be on the team.

But a ball pit for the kiddos is fine.

Just get us a separate server before tanks players want an extra cup holder for their latest tank. LOL 😎

[WOLFC]
Members
545 posts
1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

Back in the golden days of WOT tournies  - They operated on a point system  (points = tiers)   So you could use any tier tank to make up a team or any number of them..  As long as you stayed under the point max.  It was some of the more interesting competetive play I have seen..   you would be surprised the ideas some came up with tactically...     Our team won the 1st ever NA clan championship under this format utilizing T1s against T10s in defined roles on some maps.   I could see this being interesting .  Not sure it would make sense as a reoccurring  battle in random battles.. but could make for an interesting unique mode?          

That sounds like an idea I've had kicking around in my head for a while. Give each ship a point value, and that determines how the teams are matched up. Would also give them the ability to bring back some of the ships currently off the market, as they could be given a higher point value to compensate. It could just as easily have the same drawbacks as other point based wargaming systems do, but it's an idea.

Regardless, as it's own battle mode, I'd definitely be interested. Just not as a surprise random mode.

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,703 battles

can you picture the massacre if they allow cv on either side.