You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Asymmetric Battles in testing?

66 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
2,385 posts
13,548 battles

Hrm... are they wanting to take complaints about being the low tier'd ship to a new level? Is there a glut of tier 5 ships out there currently? 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/36

Soon there will be a closed test session of battles with an asymmetric distribution of ships between two teams: one team will have a low number (4-6) of ships of Tiers VI-VII, and the opposing team will have 6-12 ships of Tiers V-VI. The usual class symmetry between teams is also not mandatory.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Edited by TheArc
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,009 posts
28,719 battles

Let's play "Spot the Devs trying to Justify their Jobs by tossing Any new Absurdity into the Pot."

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

This is their ID of balancing?

You will have to cherry pick your higher team players. 

If they distribute players as they currently do, I give the higher tier ships very little chance to win.

Iso balancing random matches,  they will balance this to churn out more games.

That is my conspiracy theory for the day.

[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,332 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

And why is this necessary? 

New game mode.

Personally it is not an Idea that I am against. It would change the classics tactics but it's all good imo.

[SALVO]
Members
8,264 posts
6,122 battles
7 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It could be fun!

• Cool 2

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

Can't they just add Arms Race if they want a new mode? 

This will just result in the higher tier ships being rammed, yolo torped and burned to death.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles

Oh for mating's sake.

People accuse WG of not having any new ideas and getting stale, then WG comes up with a new idea that it intends to try and everyone goes ballistic.

People accuse WG of not being transparent, so WG tells people what it's experimenting with on the closed test server, and everyone goes ballistic.

This is an experiment. It is not "This is what is coming in the next patch, Comrade". SO STOP GOING BALLISTIC.

May your eternal punishment in Hell be to play Bogatyr against three-ship RTS Hosho divisions.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 17
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,303 battles
2 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

New game mode.
Personally it is not an Idea that I am against. It would change the classics tactics but it's all good imo.

So it's one team with more lower tier ships verses the other team with fewer higher tier ships? 

If it's a separate game mode I'm not against it. I think it should be very interesting to see the outcome over time. Something tells me that there will be preferred lower tier ships for these battles. For example, Tier 5 Kami class DD's 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,739 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

It could be fun!

I think so as well.  Granted, you can have some stinker teams but that can happen anyway.  I'm all for variety.

[WOLFC]
Members
545 posts
9,561 battles

Sounds almost like it could lead to PvP operations as well. Count me intrigued. 

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,345 posts
16,882 battles

Asymmetry could be quite an interesting and fun change of pace game mode.

Beta Testers
3,304 posts
26,945 battles
25 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Money...……….

• Boring 1

Members
713 posts

I don't think it matters if your lo/hi tier. Just play your best. There is quite a bit of satisfaction in running a t5 and blowing away something much higher though!

[SALVO]
Members
8,264 posts
6,122 battles

We have been complaining low tier gameplay is stale and dead, this might be a nice way to revitalize the tiers

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

As I said in the other thread on this topic... 

As long as this remains a separate mode that can be voluntarily selected like Random or Co-op or Scenario, I'm all for it. 

If it becomes part of the matchmaker for existing modes, a thing that can just happen out of the blue, then I'm 100% against it. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,650 posts

it depends what type of ships are on each group, if this is going to be a BB feast on inferior ships, I pass...

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

As I said in the other thread on this topic... 

As long as this remains a separate mode that can be voluntarily selected like Random or Co-op or Scenario, I'm all for it. 

If it becomes part of the matchmaker for existing modes, a thing that can just happen out of the blue, then I'm 100% against it. 

Agree. I think the excitement of randomly being tossed into a desperate battle against incredible odds

might grow stale after a bit.

1 minute ago, loco_max said:

it depends what type of ships are on each group, if this is going to be a BB feast on inferior ships, I pass...

I anticipate the surprise value of not knowing what you're going to face, but that was what I found to be so much fun about Ranked Sprint 1v1.

Also stop your whining. Battleships are not inherently superior to other classes. 

Members
1,650 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Also stop your whining. Battleships are not inherently superior to other classes. 

well, actually server stats says otherwise, and I'll stop complaining when DD and cruisers will stop to be systematically nerfed (AA nerf, IFHE nerf, torps detection nerf)...

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,303 battles

7 minutes ago, loco_max said:

If CVs are excluded from this mode then DD's will give the BBs a run for their money as their won't be much radar at these tiers.