You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead77

Venezia-a ship for bad player

55 comments in this topic

[RBMK]
Members
212 posts
14,070 battles

Cant aim? -SAP, 10k salvo any angle

Get shot at?- Turning circle of a DD, just dodge!

Over extend?-Fuel smoke

Honestly, whats the point of playing your ship correctly and positioning/angling right when Venezia does retarded dmg any angle? 

WG nerfed YY into the ground for a LOT less than this, those guys better get their craptogether and sort this out!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 15
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,761 posts
15,619 battles

Venezia seems to be one of those rare ships with both a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling. She can sail in the rear doing nothing but farm and reward bad players but she's a major threat to everything in the hands of a good player.

• Cool 2

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
174 posts
8,483 battles

Do you know what you have to go through to get to her? 9 tiers of absolute, soul-destroying crap. Those who sail her deserve every break they get.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[RBMK]
Members
212 posts
14,070 battles
3 minutes ago, AldoRey50 said:

Do you know what you have to go through to get to her? 9 tiers of absolute, soul-destroying crap. Those who sail her deserve every break they get.

So? That doesnt make it any less dumb.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PISD]
Members
1,266 posts
5,253 battles
28 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

Not how SAP works, and if anything it is even harder to use than HE.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
174 posts
8,483 battles

Just saying - 9 tiers of crap, you learned a lot of hard lessons on positioning, hiding, surviving, sniping, kiting, etc. You can be dev striked by anything if you screw up. So when you get to Venezia, you have a very good idea how to play to her strengths. I doubt she is catering to "bad" players. The 9 layers of crap filtered them out. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[RBMK]
Members
212 posts
14,070 battles
13 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Not how SAP works, and if anything it is even harder to use than HE.

Not in my experience it isnt. I dont get 10k salvo's with CA HE on angled targets.

13 minutes ago, AldoRey50 said:

Just saying - 9 tiers of crap, you learned a lot of hard lessons on positioning, hiding, surviving, sniping, kiting, etc. You can be dev striked by anything if you screw up. So when you get to Venezia, you have a very good idea how to play to her strengths. I doubt she is catering to "bad" players. The 9 layers of crap filtered them out. 

I didnt find it that bad tbh.

[KRAK]
Members
1,349 posts
15,224 battles

In a parallel universe not so far away, along the Russian Cruiser Line, the end is Moskva. Not close to the same end state.

I consistently do more damage in Brindisi than I do in Moskva.

Both lines have similarities in game play, positioning, arc of guns, hitting power, concealment, and speed. And no consumable reload and speed boost features like the French line has.  But one difference with SAP is that it can really hurt taking it bow on.

I  have had 25K taken from Moskva with a salvo from Brindisi. About like a salvo from Montana. Is that 3 or 4 CITs at once ? I have never been able to get close to returning that type of salvo with Moskva.

In my experience, SAP is more effective than AP on Moskva.

And smoke can get you out of a jam. It really can, and helps struggling team mates too if used at the right time and location.

Edited by Ericson38

[PISD]
Members
1,266 posts
5,253 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead77 said:

Not in my experience it isnt. I dont get 10k salvo's with CA HE on angled targets.

And I do not get 10K salvo on bow in cruisers.

And no fire.

[RBMK]
Members
212 posts
14,070 battles
3 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

And I do not get 10K salvo on bow in cruisers.

And no fire.

And bow on BB?

Im not going to argue with you, I know its a stupid ship and so do most other people.

• Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts
26 minutes ago, AldoRey50 said:

It's are horrible grind for sure. Only glimmer of light is Brindisi. Venezia is a beautiful boat. It's not all cookies and cream though. It's blind without spotters as it has no hydro, no radar and no plane. It has lackluster torpedo protection and is allergic to AP. SAP is an interesting hybrid ammo that does well on lightly armored area but it doesn't shoot as fast as most other cruisers, has no fire chance and the trajectory requires direct lines of fire. The traverse is fairly slow so making it zig zag and/or slow down will take some heat of you too. Venezia is toast if you know how to shoot back because 90% of the time folks are flat broadside trying to use all it's guns instead of at more challenging angles.

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts
5 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

And bow on BB?

Im not going to argue with you, I know its a stupid ship and so do most other people.

It's really not as upsetting as Stalingrad was on release. Give it time. You'll find counters.

Edited by thebigblue

[PISD]
Members
1,266 posts
5,253 battles
3 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

And bow on BB?

Nor on bow in BB. SAP got auto-bounce angle, with no chance to do damage in some circumstance.

And sure you point out it's advantage. But you forgot the abysmal detection range, poor rudder sift time, poor AA, lack of utility....

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
415 posts

IMHO one of the most worthless ships in game.  They never take a cap or contest.  Ya, great a cruiser that sits out WAY in the back and farms damage.  Incoming fire alert turn even farther away.  Ya it's annoying but absolutely worthless on taking objectives.

• Boring 1

[GOOF]
Members
667 posts
5,867 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead77 said:

And bow on BB?

Right all you people like to call us Italians pasta boats because it's a funny stereotype, and yes they are blappy cruisers not for beginners.

So the top of the line is a good ship sew buttons.

You can get blapped in any ship for bad play

Members
579 posts
7,313 battles

I mean it's worse than any super or large cruiser including tier 9. Not nearly as hard to counter as smolensk (smoke, tiny size, flame throwers with insane dpm) or stalingrad ( bb tankiness with cruiser accurate big rail guns). Its dpm is absolutely garbage. No utility. Has to kite away when pushed. 

If you get used to predicting the tight turn they eat plenty of damage. 

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,430 posts
6,475 battles

Another day, another OP ship thread...   It will be a forgotten ship in 6 months, at the rate they are churning out power creep right now.   

• Cool 3

Members
1,624 posts

OP: the Venezia is Lesta's response to all HE spam haters. They have to prove to cruisers mains that SAP works on a T10 CA, and they convinced me. The RM grind is a total pain (as well said above), the Brindissi looks barely ok but squishy...SAP do not set fires, but is quite efficient and quite 'angle friendly'. 

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
1 hour ago, AldoRey50 said:

Yes I KNOW WHAT it took.

got ships in the roll out then looked and said look at all the FXP just sitting there doing nothing, I think i will do something BAAM BOOM SPLAT BATMAN and no grind no issues and she plays so much like a Hindy or Zao no learning curve either.

Push in early Blap a dd with one salvo, use cover to escape and then kite for farm damage all game.... the ship is stupidly broken and I SELDOM say that about ships but this is one case that SAP needs a serious nerfsledge hammer taken to it.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
13,269 battles
2 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

[Reader’s Digest Condensed version: “I got beat by a Venizia, and I don’t like it. plz nerf.”]

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
2 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

In a parallel universe not so far away, along the Russian Cruiser Line, the end is Moskva. Not close to the same end state.

I consistently do more damage in Brindisi than I do in Moskva.

Both lines have similarities in game play, positioning, arc of guns, hitting power, concealment, and speed. And no consumable reload and speed boost features like the French line has.  But one difference with SAP is that it can really hurt taking it bow on.

I  have had 25K taken from Moskva with a salvo from Brindisi. About like a salvo from Montana. Is that 3 or 4 CITs at once ? I have never been able to get close to returning that type of salvo with Moskva.

In my experience, SAP is more effective than AP on Moskva.

And smoke can get you out of a jam. It really can, and helps struggling team mates too if used at the right time and location.

The damage potential of Moskva isn't what its known for. 

Moskva isn't even remotely similar to the Venezia in playstyle.

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,112 battles

I do like mine a lot, but it isn't without its problems.

Sure, you CAN get those 10K+ salvos, but you also tend to get 2K salvos, and the reload is fairly long compared to other cruisers.

The smoke is useful, but it can also be a double edged sword. You can still be spotted from 10 km away while in your smoke and if there is a DD closer than the cruiser or BB you are shooting at, you will get spotted and killed fairly fast. The ship doesn't turn fast enough to avoid all incoming fire.

[DOG]
Members
691 posts
11,814 battles
3 hours ago, AldoRey50 said:

Zara was good and so far I'd say Amalfi is good too.  Looking forward to the 9 and 10.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,168 posts
9,416 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

Get shot at?- Turning circle of a DD, just dodge!

Over extend?-Fuel smoke

Honestly, whats the point of playing your ship correctly and positioning/angling right when Venezia does retarded dmg any angle? 

WG nerfed YY into the ground for a LOT less than this, those guys better get their craptogether and sort this out!

Now imagine if it could fire almost as fast if not faster than a minotaur and fire HE with crazy high fire setting capability and had its hull specifically coded to be so narrow most BB shells will never arm in its citadel... OH and its shell tracers pop into existence like 100m away from the gun barrels so it can't be hit back when in smoke like any other cruiser can. 

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
3 hours ago, AldoRey50 said:

I'm reaching t7 and enjoying my "pasta" very much, every ship feels like an improvement so far. No soul crush here bro.