You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

2 Brothers map

52 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I would like WG to remove this map from coops. In randoms it is fine but in coops there are issues.

A few examples are slow BB, especially the Colorado, may not get a shot. I was on my Colorado with 2 DD's on the west side of the map. The DD's sunk everything before I could get a shot without taking a chance of hitting the DD's.  Next I was on the far southeast side of the map with 3 other ships to begin the battle. We headed north. Of the 4 bots on the northeast side, 2 cruisers came south. The 2 BB's headed towards the center. When it was all said & done 6 of the 9 bots lemming down the channel between the 2 islands into the waiting guns of the 3 ships that begun the battle in the center.  Another time it was the old "student body right" football play. All 9 bots went to the west side of the map. If you're one of the few starting from the far east side there are slim pickin' when you get a BB in range.

I would like to have a opportunity to try & do some damage. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[WOLFX]
Members
108 posts
17,762 battles

you assume they actually want you to have fun in coop.  there are many maps in which they can "seperate the field" and then have a bot script that completely runs from you. enjoy your 10 minutes of twidling your thumbs

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

Removing Two brothers from Co-op???An absurd proposition...

Two brothers is a fun map for all game mods... Its very versatile in its application of tactics used..

High tier maps on the other hand... Most of them are disasters for tactics and any other reason that deals with "fun."

On the up side, high tier maps are visually attractive..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[CO-OP]
Members
1,496 posts
24,765 battles

2 brothers is fine, all maps can result in having nothing much to shoot at, exception of Ocean maybe. The bots do occasionally lemming train but not often enough to close a map. I think a bigger concern is the solo spawn that happens on some maps more than others. That screws you over damage wise.

Members
193 posts
9,200 battles

The ship is your problem, not the map. BTW, I actually didn’t hate the Colorado (pre-Russian BBs). Those guns can bring down the Rockies. Sold it right away but still

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,542 battles
3 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I would like WG to remove this map from coops. In randoms it is fine but in coops there are issues.

A few examples are slow BB, especially the Colorado, may not get a shot. I was on my Colorado with 2 DD's on the west side of the map. The DD's sunk everything before I could get a shot without taking a chance of hitting the DD's.  Next I was on the far southeast side of the map with 3 other ships to begin the battle. We headed north. Of the 4 bots on the northeast side, 2 cruisers came south. The 2 BB's headed towards the center. When it was all said & done 6 of the 9 bots lemming down the channel between the 2 islands into the waiting guns of the 3 ships that begun the battle in the center.  Another time it was the old "student body right" football play. All 9 bots went to the west side of the map. If you're one of the few starting from the far east side there are slim pickin' when you get a BB in range.

I would like to have a opportunity to try & do some damage. 

Honestly, 2 B's is one of my favorite maps be it PVP or Co-op.

It is no different than any other map where sometimes you spawn/go to the right side and others you get bupkiss.

One of best maps in game IMO.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,496 posts
24,765 battles

The only map I sigh in resignation over is Crap Zone Alfalfa, it has always struck me as unfinished.

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,542 battles
2 minutes ago, Efros said:

The only map I sigh in resignation over is Crap Zone Alfalfa, it has always struck me as unfinished.

Shatter = :etc_swear:

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts

Two Brothers is still my most hated map. 

Someone should lay minefields in that center slot.  If it's not bots randomly cramming half their force in there, it's the idiots in green ships. 

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Removing Two brothers from Co-op???An absurd proposition...

Two brothers is a fun map for all game mods... Its very versatile in its application of tactics used..

High tier maps on the other hand... Most of them are disasters for tactics and other other reason that deals with "fun."

On the up side, high tier maps are visually attractive..

Your stats show 809 coop battles out of the 17000+ battles you played. This indicates you have little interest in coops.

With so little interest I would think you are trolling.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
516 posts
5,029 battles
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Your stats show 809 coop battles out of the 17000+ battles you played. This indicates you have little interest in coops.

With so little interest I would think you are trolling.

This. It's what he does here in PVE.

However, I LOVE 2 Brothers! One of if not my favorite map. 

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,219 battles

The channel is typically the shortest route because there are a bunch of humans setting up an ambush at the far end.. Bots generally take the shortest route. One "fix' to Two Brothers would be to have the bots not see the center channel as open for the first 2-3 minutes of the match. Maybe add a piece of land in the channel that sinks at the 2 min mark. Lemming trains to one side or the other would still happen but the suicide rush down the middle would not. The "shortest distance" to the human ships in the middle would be around either end. When the "blockage" goes away, then the bots would go down the channel if it was still the shortest route.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Honestly, 2 B's is one of my favorite maps be it PVP or Co-op.

It is no different than any other map where sometimes you spawn/go to the right side and others you get bupkiss.

One of best maps in game IMO.

3 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

This. It's what he does here in PVE.

However, I LOVE 2 Brothers! One of if not my favorite map. 

Yes, I knew some would like this map so we agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, USSCurtis said:

The ship is your problem, not the map. BTW, I actually didn’t hate the Colorado (pre-Russian BBs). Those guns can bring down the Rockies. Sold it right away but still

No, it is not the ship. I rarely take the Colorado out unless I running Narai. While not the best BB for that op one can still get high scores. 

I experience this when on my Bismarck & Tirpitz. Both ships have secondary builds and on Two Brothers more often than not I struggle to get more then 50 secondary hits. Most other maps I get 100+ in the very quick coops & over 300 in the better coop runs. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
9 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

That's all he does in this subforum -- troll. 

I believe his trolling is not confined to this sub forum. In the PVP forums it is a much smaller percentage. Just my take.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,624 posts
8,610 battles

Two brothers is one of the most feast/famine maps around (especially in a BB).  They lemming away, you get nothing.  If they lemming towards you, you get to die gloriously with huge numbers.

I prefer the map in cruisers vs. BBs.

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,542 battles
13 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I believe his trolling is not confined to this sub forum. In the PVP forums it is a much smaller percentage. Just my take.

Yes a troll in all forums. Poster child for ignore list.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes a troll in all forums. Poster child for ignore list.

If other people didn't respond to him, I'd never even notice that he's posting. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

2 Brothers isn't the problem.  The DDs will clean up the bots regardless of the map, and you are only hurting yourself playing a slow BB.  

• Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,496 posts
24,765 battles

I just went down the channel in Okhotnik, 3 kills 110k damage:Smile_teethhappy:

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,544 posts
13,906 battles

Folks,

Do remember that everyone is allowed to have an opinion. It may be wrong or not in agreement with your opinion.... just make sure your replies stay true to the forum guidelines.

-Hapa

• Cool 4

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles

I like taking DDs in two brothers and just sit by the channel torping the ships one by one as they slowly trickle their way in.

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,542 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

Do remember that everyone is allowed to have an opinion. It may be wrong or not in agreement with your opinion.... just make sure your replies stay true to the forum guidelines.

-Hapa

nvm

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Meh 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

2 Brothers isn't the problem.  The DDs will clean up the bots regardless of the map, and you are only hurting yourself playing a slow BB.  

The same issue occurs when using fast BB's such as the Bismarck & Tirpitz. There is a 50% to 80% drop in secondary hits on this map.

BTW, when the 6 bots when down the channel there was only one DD on each team.     

With 4 DD's per team with the Estuary map I still achieved close to 200 total hits with my Bismarck. Estuary divides the map north & south, east & west as well.

1 hour ago, Efros said:

I just went down the channel in Okhotnik, 3 kills 110k damage:Smile_teethhappy:

I've went down the channel in coops running a DD and doing well over 100k damage                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,219 battles
4 hours ago, Efros said:

I just went down the channel in Okhotnik, 3 kills 110k damage

That is the main complaint about the map. A select few can rake up most of the kills and damage based on where they spawn. Everybody else just wasted their time hitting BATTLE.. All because the bot behavior is entirely predictable as they all (well most) try to funnel down that channel making  them immune to fire from most of the ships in the game but highly vulnerable to the chosen few waiting in ambush for them.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,496 posts
24,765 battles

No waiting involved, only one sunk in the channel the second one was just entering the vajayjay of doom, and the BB got 12 torps while he was still in the cap.