You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Uptiering is getting too repetitive

4 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
783 posts
2,775 battles

5 games in my Ryojo I'm uptiered to tier 8 dominated games, pretty hard work with the tier 6 paper planes that 75% of the enemy ships shred before the first wave gets a shot off.

After getting annoyed with the pointless contributions to the game I take my old faithful Shiratsuyu out, same result, server is full of tier 9 radar cruisers and DD's. 1 or 2 games I don't mind, 3 in a row, even with zero tier 8's in the last game... It's not an attacking class its just survival. Trying to guess where the radar cruisers are and staying as far away as possible. 

The torps feel like sea mines as they creep towards a tier 9 cruiser, he spots them easily and dodges all of them, repeat for the Georgia BB, same result, then a Fletcher spots me and I'm smoked in 5 seconds... DD is too slow to gwet away from most of the ships as well with its sluggish 35knot speed. 

Just tired of the uptiering, its not fun, it happens too often and its making the game too frustrating to play. If its a tier 6-8 game, its fun, when 90% of the server is tier 9 its a joke. I play tier 5-6 DD to avoid radar games.... lol..:(

• Boring 3

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
5 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

5 games in my Ryojo I'm uptiered to tier 8 dominated games,

CV MM is not the same as the other surface ship MM... It really depends on how many CVs are in queue.

CVs are disproportionate DMG dealers even while up tiered, it is what it is... Until the NDA is lifted on future solutions to fix the CV class. (mainly to be less disproportionate on attacks, and more fair for the other ship class). CVs will be the disenfranchised/squandered oppertunity ship class in the game (until Subs enter in to RANDOM battle).

It is what it is... Even if we object, WG will stay the course.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles

Do your 20 Tier VI battles, get calibrated and then see where it is at.

[TRU]
Members
598 posts
18,205 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Do your 20 Tier VI battles, get calibrated and then see where it is at.

This is good advice.  People tend to forget when they are the highest tier and pass it off "as it should be that way."

Look at bottom tier as an opportunity. You can gain more XP for the damage you do, and can pick when to attack or otherwise especially as a DD or CV.  Use the planes to spot and pick on lone targets.  Use your DD to spot and harrass with torpedoes. Even if you do not hit anything you may cause a cruiser to go broadside for blappage.

As you survive and the game wears on, your influence on the game increases.