Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Is this what you mean when you talk about pwr creep?

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,480
[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

I worked SO hard to get my Shima..  Then I worked even harder to get her UU!  Now it is useless unless I use the 20KM torps and hide .. No capping no challenging caps. no more stalking and spotting ships for my team.  ALL of the things that makes playing a DD worth it. Even with CVs it was still fun.

We LOVE DDs because they are HARD.. now in most games Shima and some of her sisters are just useless to the team.

Now with 12km radar and MULTIPLES of them in game ( just had 3 last round ) with 12km torps all you do it get within range barely and you are lit up,  focused and you die.

20KM torps are pretty useless..  SO the Only ship I can play now at T10 as a DD is my Halland or Gearing.... and IT has no smoke and shoots marshmallows.

Is this the powrcreep the vets are so mad about?  I've been here a year and a half and I am seeing a BUNCH of the ships I either bought or did the hard grind for being swept into the junk drawer every few weeks by ships that make them just a shadow of their former selves.

I didn't whine about the CVs... Didn't whine about NO SMOKE but ADD 12KM radars that can chain and hunt you on FAST ships the entire round so you can't do any of your jobs??  

Beginning to see the rage of the old timers.  It's a lot of work to get good ships THEN get good WITH them to see it all wiped away in an instant.

12KM Radar...   Just WOW!

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,134
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,639 posts
4,999 battles

The number of radar in matches is high because a line with radar was just added.  It will decline again.  Probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Just be grateful Shimakaze and Gearing have access to torpedoes that exceed the 12km Radar distance, some DDs like Daring have me concerned about their use vs 12km Radar when their guns are about 12km ranged and their torpedoes are 10km.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

The number of radar in matches is high because a line with radar was just added.  It will decline again.  Probably.

Not from what I have seen over time with Moskava and Stalingrad. It may decrease at times, but overall the numbers of them you will see will increase in all likelihood thanks to how OP 12km Radar can be.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles

Either that radar needs to go away, or it needs to get reworked, or the Shima's 20km torps need to be made relevant again. 

Or just go French, like I did:Smile_trollface:

:SerB:

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Just be glad BBs don't have radar expect for one that is not available anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
Just now, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Either that radar needs to go away, or it needs to get reworked, or the Shima's 20km torps need to be made relevant again. 

Or just go French, like I did:Smile_trollface:

:SerB:

Well WG sort of quietly slipped in something for those of us that love using torpedo boat DDs. That new torpedo module they added couple updates or so ago that gives up increased torpedo speed and some other beneficial things with no downsides has been quite useful. True some worried about BBs supposedly going for assured torpedo detection Mod, but few to none use that and does not matter against 20km torpedoes. Meanwhile targets are having less reaction time thanks to the +5knts to torpedo speed giving them less reaction time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well WG sort of quietly slipped in something for those of us that love using torpedo boat DDs. That new torpedo module they added couple updates or so ago that gives up increased torpedo speed and some other beneficial things with no downsides has been quite useful. True some worried about BBs supposedly going for assured torpedo detection Mod, but few to none use that and does not matter against 20km torpedoes. Meanwhile targets are having less reaction time thanks to the +5knts to torpedo speed giving them less reaction time.

You're not wrong. I use the improved torp module on my Japanese CAs in order to make it even more fun against those DDs who think that Nippon Steel is still food. 

That being said, however, when concerning DDs, it's more useful on something like the Swedish Pan European DDs, since they have a comfortable stealth torpedo window and high speed torps. I tested the Halland in the 0.9.5 PTS and it's loads of fun with that mod.

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
6 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Just be glad BBs don't have radar expect for one that is not available anymore.

Hydro on BBs is often more devastating since it can allow BBs to dodge torpedo attacks like a ghost. Plus it lasts longer than Radar, and Radar has no ability to spot torpedoes. And Radar can be taken care of by escorting CAs and some spotting by CV aircraft.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,377
[-KIA-]
Members
3,474 posts
14,834 battles

Legendary Shima right now is really strong. The torpedo tube penalty is very manageable and the reload you get (when fully spec for torp) is really good and I'm not even talking towards end game when AR start to kick in.

 

The amount of radar ship right now is due to the soviet CL grind but tbh it is fine, you can play around their concealment thanks to Shima's own concealment and speed. But when there are CV around, Shima becomes almost obsolete. One could argue that Halland or Kléber do worst because they have no smoke but personnally, I still think both of them can still do something before dying to the CV (Halland has very fast, long range and low CD torpedo while Kléber relies on gun, which makes her by default more consistent than Shima).

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles

"I can't do this so this means it's wrong/broken/not fair!"

 

Shima is fine. Learn to play. All you do is complain, instead of learning and adapting.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,554
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,705 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I worked SO hard to get my Shima..  Then I worked even harder to get her UU!  Now it is useless unless I use the 20KM torps and hide .. No capping no challenging caps. no more stalking and spotting ships for my team.  ALL of the things that makes playing a DD worth it. Even with CVs it was still fun.

We LOVE DDs because they are HARD.. now in most games Shima and some of her sisters are just useless to the team.

Now with 12km radar and MULTIPLES of them in game ( just had 3 last round ) with 12km torps all you do it get within range barely and you are lit up,  focused and you die.

20KM torps are pretty useless..  SO the Only ship I can play now at T10 as a DD is my Halland or Gearing.... and IT has no smoke and shoots marshmallows.

Is this the powrcreep the vets are so mad about?  I've been here a year and a half and I am seeing a BUNCH of the ships I either bought or did the hard grind for being swept into the junk drawer every few weeks by ships that make them just a shadow of their former selves.

I didn't whine about the CVs... Didn't whine about NO SMOKE but ADD 12KM radars that can chain and hunt you on FAST ships the entire round so you can't do any of your jobs??  

Beginning to see the rage of the old timers.  It's a lot of work to get good ships THEN get good WITH them to see it all wiped away in an instant.

12KM Radar...   Just WOW!

The failings of Shimmy UU have been known for years.

Whereas,  the Gearing gives you great concealment....

....

You ground the wrong UU out.

.....

If your relying on Hallands guns, your doing it wrong....

(252k damage with Halland rank 11 sprint season.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,913
[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I worked SO hard to get my Shima..  Then I worked even harder to get her UU!  Now it is useless unless I use the 20KM torps and hide .. No capping no challenging caps. no more stalking and spotting ships for my team.  ALL of the things that makes playing a DD worth it. Even with CVs it was still fun.

We LOVE DDs because they are HARD.. now in most games Shima and some of her sisters are just useless to the team.

Now with 12km radar and MULTIPLES of them in game ( just had 3 last round ) with 12km torps all you do it get within range barely and you are lit up,  focused and you die.

20KM torps are pretty useless..  SO the Only ship I can play now at T10 as a DD is my Halland or Gearing.... and IT has no smoke and shoots marshmallows.

Is this the powrcreep the vets are so mad about?  I've been here a year and a half and I am seeing a BUNCH of the ships I either bought or did the hard grind for being swept into the junk drawer every few weeks by ships that make them just a shadow of their former selves.

I didn't whine about the CVs... Didn't whine about NO SMOKE but ADD 12KM radars that can chain and hunt you on FAST ships the entire round so you can't do any of your jobs??  

Beginning to see the rage of the old timers.  It's a lot of work to get good ships THEN get good WITH them to see it all wiped away in an instant.

12KM Radar...   Just WOW!

I play both CV and DD pretty heavy and will have to agree. Radar is just too much. Dealing with CVs can work because you can still smoke up but there is nothing you can do about radar at times. Games with 3-4 radar ships are common and sometimes 5. Chaining charges with quick cooldowns on them. Radar needs a longer cooldown so people have to put some thought into using it rather than just spam and see what comes up.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
298
[LANCE]
Members
793 posts
5,906 battles

@Col_Nasty
 

Have you tried the 20km torps with the increased Captain skill? It’ll drop the distance to ~16km but give extra speed. Add the torp speed mod (slot 3) for even faster torps. You can still torp 4km out of longest radar range and your torps will be about 85kts. Even with 1.8km detection range that doesn’t leave a lot of reaction time.

Haven’t tried this myself but may be worth a look?!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,035 battles
19 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

I play both CV and DD pretty heavy and will have to agree. Radar is just too much. Dealing with CVs can work because you can still smoke up but there is nothing you can do about radar at times. Games with 3-4 radar ships are common and sometimes 5. Chaining charges with quick cooldowns on them. Radar needs a longer cooldown so people have to put some thought into using it rather than just spam and see what comes up.

Are you kidding? You're hilarious.

You're all over this forum spouting pro-CV propaganda.

Yet you have issues with radar?

Oh, you sure do bring the funnies.

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

So sink any radar ships he come across, all of them are Cruisers so they have to come up front anyway which makes them good targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles

i dont understand the problem with radar, it has set range and set time duration limits, there are maybe 5 ships that can stealth radar so if you see a radar ship hey lets avoid it. All you have to do is dodge a few salvos and then you are radar free for 2 minutes or more, yet you have no problem with cv? planes can just park on top of you and keep you perma lit and keep coming back over and over removing a quarter to half your hp per rocket strike.

Here is a tip instead of just trying to full speed out of radar range try slowing down and even reversing to throw off the aim, once you have mastered just dodging radar is not a threat at all.

Some god tier level of advice here if you see a 12km radar ship sit at 11.9km range so you know when they have radared and are safe to proceed with getting into range to torp them.

play smarter not harder.

  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

He can ask his team's BB to shot at those radar ships, enough shells firing at them will get them citadel sunk.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[R-R-R]
Members
1,062 posts
10,398 battles

Shima is not powercrept. I have been playing this ship recently to grind for the UU and she is simply amazing.

I am not sure if I can achieve such stats in any of my other T10 DDs. All games were played solo.

shot-20.06.17_22.36.50-0370.jpg

Edited by Exciton8964

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[ARGSY]
Members
460 posts
9,160 battles
1 hour ago, alex08060 said:

So sink any radar ships he come across, all of them are Cruisers so they have to come up front anyway which makes them good targets.

Actually a good point. Russian ships by design are long range snipers. And are mostly armored with tinfoil. In order to use radar Russian CA need to get far within their comfort range. I just got my first (Chappy) and I love her guns so much. Bur she has to keep as much water between her and the enemy as possible in order to live. Island hugging does not work so well because she is slow to accelerate and turns like crap. Basically, I try to avoid the radar CA death rush early in the game and save my radar for late game (If I live) I might only get one or two real chances to use it but killing a dd late game pays the bills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,803
[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles

Tier 10, Welcome to the Jungle there Col, Its all fun and games...

High tier matchs (tier 8 - 10) are forcing the players to enter the "twilight zone."

What ever you learned, to get up to high tier matches... Throw it out the window, it no longer applies.

Power creep at high tiers, its real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,913
[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
1 hour ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

Are you kidding? You're hilarious.

You're all over this forum spouting pro-CV propaganda.

Yet you have issues with radar?

Oh, you sure do bring the funnies.

You need to use your repair party because it seems you have some damage on the stern side. So much you cant resist trolling instead of engaging in an actual conversation. Fair winds and following seas.

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,671
[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,418 battles
17 minutes ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

I see nonsense, I call it out.

Sorry you don't like it. :cap_book:

You don't argue with CV apologists, they don't use reasoning

They cant win any arguments so they resort to calling others trolls,.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,339 battles
2 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

You don't argue with CV apologists, they don't use reasoning

They cant win any arguments so they resort to calling others trolls,.

You mean CV haters..

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,671
[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,418 battles
Just now, Gruntdog_3 said:

You mean CV haters..

No, CV apologists

Basically every time a CV-related topic comes up, the normal people would discuss about the problems with the game

Then walks in the CV apologist holding his ears and screaming "everyone is a troll!"

It would be quite funny if it isn't so sad

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×