You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_bleJN7gXeLqd

Improving Ranked Battle (thoughts)

32 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,008 battles

I used to be on that irrevocable ranked bandwagon... but that's not what ranked is. Ranking out is reserved for competitive players. Not only do you have to perform well, you ALSO have to be a team player, and most importantly know when to quit. Ranking out is doable, but you have to stick with it! If every rank was irrevocable, ranked would just be a mindless grind. everybody would rank out and it would lose a lot of meaning. Don't know if you exaggerated or not, but if you are pulling 10 losses in a row, why are you still in ranked battles? Im sure you are a great player but you are playing tilted and need to take a break. NEVER drop more than a rank a day imo.

Instead I'm a little up in arms about the rewards. Lower rank does not equal an easier time ranking out, and should definitely not equal lesser rewards. I do feel a little robbed of a few hundred steel

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

If they did this, I'm sure they would double the amount of stars you need in order to rank out to compensate, or reduce the rewards or something.

[KWA]
Members
121 posts
16,402 battles

Making every rank irrevocable would mean a BIG nerf to the rewards, I completely disagree with you.

[AXANR]
Members
3,633 posts
22,444 battles

No. This would mean way too many potatoes fail their way to the top on a couple good streaks. It would ruin any semblance left of competitiveness in ranked. 

[SYN]
Members
1,233 posts
10,324 battles

I don't know what is wrong with the system as is.  I played enough to get  rewards at rank 11. I don't have the time to play at this time to make the rank 10 flag worthwhile. I think making it so challenging is what makes the rewards feasible. If progression were like ranked sprint, the rewards would be like ranked sprint. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
11,770 battles

Ranked Sprint already does this.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles

Better would be going to the often suggested base experience with no star saving where the top seven or whatever the team size is advance and the bottom ones lose a star.

• Cool 1

Members
69 posts
668 battles

Ah the wargaming survey , think of it just like the karma system in game.  Only there to make you feel good ..

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles

making every rank irrevocable is a bad idea it removes the competitive nature of ranked, you need to step up and carry or you go down a level. We dont need to keep making the game easier to appeal to those that dont want to put the time in to earn it.

Ranked isnt only for top players every season many average players rank out easily because they have taken the time to learn how to operate in a way that will benefit your team, myself i played mostly mahan and just smoked up all my cruisers even though most games it cost me missing out on saving a star, something i wish got removed as it encourages people to just bring long range h.e spammers and hope the team wins.

just take the time to educate yourself and you will see ranked is pretty easy to fly through with some nice rewards for your efforts.

• Cool 1

[WW2]
Members
354 posts
6,869 battles

I don't think every rank should be irrevocable but it should be at 5 for sure. You should be at least given that for making it that far. Also as far as tier 7 is concerned the gap between ships is too high. Sinop, Belfast, z39, hadia ,Nelson, fiji, Atlanta, great. Colorado, myoko, algerie, yorck etc way behind in many respects. Tier 7 is already the worst tier imo but I understand its nice to not have carriers. Tier 5 might be fun.

• Cool 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
8 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I don't think every rank should be irrevocable but it should be at 5 for sure. You should be at least given that for making it that far. Also as far as tier 7 is concerned the gap between ships is too high. Sinop, Belfast, z39, hadia ,Nelson, fiji, Atlanta, great. Colorado, myoko, algerie, yorck etc way behind in many respects. Tier 7 is already the worst tier imo but I understand its nice to not have carriers. Tier 5 might be fun.

cesare and kamikaze spam though

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
387 posts
6,458 battles
7 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Pyotr makes GC okay.

Kamikaze would be an issue though.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
32 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I like this tier 5 irrevocable it would entice me to try and get to tier 5 . I know I'm not good enough to rank out but I always quit at 10 .

The rewards go down hill and there's no room for losing streaks which I am famous for .

I mean competitive players have CB so they can give a little to us average players .

Every body has to learn but there intimated by this constant talk that all these modes are for competitive players only and you are wrecking there fun . 

If you don't have bad and average players trying to rank out you don't have a ranked season .

Its not the worst thing in the world to throw them a bone but not irrevocable every rank that's to much . Just one more irrevocable rank still challenging but a little respite to help out .

Members
172 posts
9,714 battles

The T7 ranked was an opportunity for me to try and go for the Ranked 1. I usually dislike the T10 gameplay and this on T7 was a chance to have fun with ship I like. The ships and more balance against each other and no carriers to mess up a good plan. 89 games later and I got it. It was more relaxing than I expected. Never been past Rank 5. Actually enjoyed it this season. Jervis all the way. 

You have to play as a team to earn the Rank 1. And earning it feels good. Ranked sprints will still be more fun overall, a chance to try things. Ranked is the strategy game. Communication avoids really bad games but once in awhile you just get owned. Pick yourself back up and try again. 

Will I do it again, yeah, if it's not T10 ships. 

IMG_20200614_074231.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
3 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

we had a sprint at 5 and it was balanced

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,031 battles

From reading the Dev Blog out today it appears another ranked is on the horizon at T8 in mid to late July or possibly early August.

Edited by Lt_Newcastle

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

we had a sprint at 5 and it was balanced

thats not quite how i remember it, it was just cesare and kamikaze and some gremys. The only tech tree ships running at the top were jaguar.

everyone complains that tier 10 is the worst but little do they know tier 10 is by far the most balanced and has the most variety.

Members
1,357 posts
1,286 battles
7 hours ago, Admiral_Mudkip said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=44b63c92bbf32eaeMy thoughts on Ranked Battle that I conveyed on the latest WoWS Survey. 

TL;DR: Ranked Battles need to be improved by making every Rank irrevocable.   

2020-06-17.png

You only played 34 battles this season and you never went past rank 10. So what's this nonsense about working your butt off getting to rank 6?

• Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,031 battles
31 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

You only played 34 battles this season and you never went past rank 10. So what's this nonsense about working your butt off getting to rank 6?

Time for you to brush up on your reading comprehension, ace.

He was using that number as an example. He never said he was at 6.

Lots of effort on your part only to embarrass yourself.

Sorry about that.

[O2]
Members
228 posts
8 hours ago, _BBaby said:

I used to be on that irrevocable ranked bandwagon... but that's not what ranked is.

Tend to agree. It's meant to be competitive. I remember the ranked season as you fight like a lion in defeat after defeat as your team just melts away (and o/c sometimes I am [edited] too). Your ranks just goes down and down, and can't be stopped. It would make sense to me to let the best player in the defeated team retain rank or something similar. I sank from rank 8 to bottom rank 9  before I gave up threw my mouse out of the window. I 100% share the frustrations w/OP.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
7,483 battles
2 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

thats not quite how i remember it, it was just cesare and kamikaze and some gremys. The only tech tree ships running at the top were jaguar.

everyone complains that tier 10 is the worst but little do they know tier 10 is by far the most balanced and has the most variety.

^This. Can't wait for the T8 season and people to be talking about being wrecked by Enties/MAs/etc.

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
46 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

^This. Can't wait for the T8 season and people to be talking about being wrecked by Enties/MAs/etc.

seriously, enterprise will be ranking out in record speeds.