You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Conundrum

What have you seen in Game?

9 comments in this topic

Members
404 posts

If you do not agree with what follows, please find another post to vent your frustrations and attacks on. Thanks in advance.

So we had a new guy in the clan this past week.   He's been in the game for 800 battles so far, and has hit a wall.  Apparently when asking for advice in battle, or for help, several people told him he needed to shut up and play, and a few also downvoted him.  He is currently playing cruisers in the tech tree and is struggling with what to do to stay alive..  He has felt like everything is rigged against him(uptiering), and has stated he is considering quitting the game due to people attacking him and trying to talk about his "Stats".

Several other in game Chats with non Clan members have also covered various topics... Broken and OP radar, AA being sporadic in performance if not downright useless at times depending on the situation, the result of Multi-CV matches, and Wargaming's refusal to address how out of balance things are.  Watching Players yolo into an enemy team without firing a shot just to suicide so they don't get an AFK for exiting the battle....  

There are many problems currently going ignored in the game over the last several months.  If you have been seeing anything in battle, or taking part in discussions(not salt throwing) please feel free to include it here.  If there are direct issues that you have an idea for that would help balance the game better for all classes, feel free to offer it up for debate.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLF5]
Members
1,065 posts
8,868 battles

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears,

in rain.

• Funny 4
  • Thanks 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

If you do not agree with what follows, please find another post to vent your frustrations and attacks on. Thanks in advance.

So we had a new guy in the clan this past week.   He's been in the game for 800 battles so far, and has hit a wall.  Apparently when asking for advice in battle, or for help, several people told him he needed to shut up and play, and a few also downvoted him.  He is currently playing cruisers in the tech tree and is struggling with what to do to stay alive..  He has felt like everything is rigged against him(uptiering), and has stated he is considering quitting the game due to people attacking him and trying to talk about his "Stats".

Several other in game Chats with non Clan members have also covered various topics... Broken and OP radar, AA being sporadic in performance if not downright useless at times depending on the situation, the result of Multi-CV matches, and Wargaming's refusal to address how out of balance things are.  Watching Players yolo into an enemy team without firing a shot just to suicide so they don't get an AFK for exiting the battle....  

There are many problems currently going ignored in the game over the last several months.  If you have been seeing anything in battle, or taking part in discussions(not salt throwing) please feel free to include it here.  If there are direct issues that you have an idea for that would help balance the game better for all classes, feel free to offer it up for debate.  

have him submit screen shot with the profanity talk to wg customer service. No reason to be treated like that. If he is having trouble watch youtube vids

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Wargaming will do what wargaming spreadsheets say is in their best interest. Talking to them has proven to be Futile as talking to a Borg Queen.

But to help your clan mate:

First things first, Uptiering is no place near as bad (or fun depending on your view) as it was a few years ago. You use to be able to put very low tier ships in t-10 battles. I suggest he not look at being the bottom tier as a bad thing but actually a good thing to gain xp.

Next each nation and even each ship needs to be played to its advantages. In a Clan I would suggest getting members together in training rooms to help teach and learn. Plus watch videos on that ship.

Most important is new people need to learn to use the damn mini-map it is your #1 tool and friend no matter the class or tier.

Also know when to switch from HE to AP or when to use torps as a denial or escape tool.

There is so much to know and only experience will teach that, either in game or advanced players. But the number 1 always to me is to use the mini-map and try to know the most popular ships you may face and their weakness's. 

[SCOM]
Members
187 posts
8,980 battles

One thing that has been touched on by CCs is the ability for newer players to move through tiers too quickly now.  I know I didnt enjoy all of my original grinds through the tiers, but it also forced me to learn what works with the different lines and ship types.  But you also have to be willing to learn and admit to yourself when mistakes are made and how you can do better.  This isn't a game that you pickup and are great at right away.  Too many nuances.

I highly recommend playing one ship exclusively for a week or so.  Bouncing to different ships every match can make it hard to learn or see your mistakes.

Also learn the how the different ship types play so you know what your enemy might be trying to do.  I think some of my biggest progress was made learning the ships that always tended to get the better of me in battle.  Learning cruisers helped me be a better BB player and learning DDs helped me be a better cruiser and BB player.

Members
404 posts
20 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Wargaming will do what wargaming spreadsheets say is in their best interest. Talking to them has proven to be Futile as talking to a Borg Queen.

But to help your clan mate:

First things first, Uptiering is no place near as bad (or fun depending on your view) as it was a few years ago. You use to be able to put very low tier ships in t-10 battles. I suggest he not look at being the bottom tier as a bad thing but actually a good thing to gain xp.

Next each nation and even each ship needs to be played to its advantages. In a Clan I would suggest getting members together in training rooms to help teach and learn. Plus watch videos on that ship.

Most important is new people need to learn to use the damn mini-map it is your #1 tool and friend no matter the class or tier.

Also know when to switch from HE to AP or when to use torps as a denial or escape tool.

There is so much to know and only experience will teach that, either in game or advanced players. But the number 1 always to me is to use the mini-map and try to know the most popular ships you may face and their weakness's. 

Mustangrde1,

It wouldn't be so bad if Wargaming would fix some of the broken ships.  In many cases for new players who are working the Tech Tree, there are some ships that when double uptiered become unplayable.  Yes, there is an XP bonus if you are bottom tiered compared to top tier, but the rate at which players are being uptiered and just beaten down when they are trying to grind makes any XP gain non-existant.  For the players who have 14,000 battles with 19 point captains it must be a very nice setup, but you must remember that that is not the average player nor how it affects them. 

Many of us have tried to explain to newer players functions of the game which are not always laid out to the new guys, for example how to turn off your secondary and AA guns when you are trying to keep your stealth up, or hitting the Alt Key to display ship information.  I just had a Clan Leader the other night ask me how I knew who was sinking what ships and explained to them about the info above the minimap.  

It's less about giving them advice, which we are, and more in line with your opening comment. 

Members
404 posts
19 hours ago, Wanturskul said:

But you also have to be willing to learn and admit to yourself when mistakes are made and how you can do better.  This isn't a game that you pickup and are great at right away.  Too many nuances.

19 hours ago, Wanturskul said:

Also learn the how the different ship types play so you know what your enemy might be trying to do.  I think some of my biggest progress was made learning the ships that always tended to get the better of me in battle.  Learning cruisers helped me be a better BB player and learning DDs helped me be a better cruiser and BB player.

1. Yes, I did try to point out to him that most new players wont fully learn the game until they are at least 2000 battles in, and even then it can be a learning experience.  

2. He is busy trying to work on cruisers right now, which is why he wasn't but I do understand what you are saying. 

But that is getting more off track for this post.  The question is what are you guys seeing in battles and chat.

[REVY]
Members
2,280 posts
12,236 battles
On 6/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, DJC_499 said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears,

in rain.

tenor.gif?itemid=3449960

• Cool 1