Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Potato_Smasher

What's your best moment of sheer hilarity?

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

727
[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,375 battles

So then, I have a pretty funny short story to tell.

I was in a Tier 10 game in my Grosser Kurfurst, FULL Tier 10 game, mind you, and it was on the Haven Map

I was sailing up the left side of the map ( from the Northern spawn )  and I just so happened to run into a Harugumo, who then smoked up in front of me less than 6 kilometers away and started blasting away.

Big mistake. I flipped on the Hydro, as you always do when there's a DD in front of you (and you just so happen to be in a Kurfurst), and he went to full brown alert,  turned tail and ran away at a 90 degree angle.

That turned out to be an even bigger mistake, to my joy, as I put all four turrets into him (with AP in the barrels) and blapped him for his entire ship with 6 full penetrations. All 25,600 damage and a Devastating Strike Medal to go with it.

Obviously, he called hax, and the Moskva on my team had to explain to him that the Harugumo can and will eat full pens from BB AP, especially at that kind of angle. I was just laughing my rear end off the whole time that was going on.

So then, do you folks have any funny stories to tell? If you do, or if you have any questions, comments, or salt, do leave them down below

:SerB:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,555 battles

Once had a game ages ago in my Gneisenau.

It was a 2v3 in two brothers in the D cap, my Gnenisenau and a friendly Sharnhorst vs a Colorado, Myoko and Farragut.

I go in and finish off the Colorado, get a cit on the Myoko but get torped by him and the Farragut. After I died I was confused, as i didn't see the Sharnhorst anywhere, after he was only 2km away from me, when we where 6km away from the cap. I turn the camera around after my doom and see the Sharnhorst sailing south west down to the J line. I ask the guy: "Dude we could of taken them all out had you moved in with me it was an easy comeback," and to his day i will never forget his response, "Sharnhorst isn't made for brawling."

 

Safe to say I lost my sh!t laughing, and to this day i have yet to see a dumber thing be said in chat.

Edited by Saidalphon
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
727
[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,375 battles
31 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

Safe to say I lost my sh!t laughing, and to this day i have yet to see a dumber thing be said in chat.

I don't have a plus one, so I'll just give this

:cap_like:

And whoever says that Scharny ain't made for brawling clearly didn't see the torp launchers on the deck

:SerB:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,845
[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

So then, I have a pretty funny short story to tell.

I was in a Tier 10 game in my Grosser Kurfurst, FULL Tier 10 game, mind you, and it was on the Haven Map

I was sailing up the left side of the map ( from the Northern spawn )  and I just so happened to run into a Harugumo, who then smoked up in front of me less than 6 kilometers away and started blasting away.

Big mistake. I flipped on the Hydro, as you always do when there's a DD in front of you (and you just so happen to be in a Kurfurst), and he went to full brown alert,  turned tail and ran away at a 90 degree angle.

That turned out to be an even bigger mistake, to my joy, as I put all four turrets into him (with AP in the barrels) and blapped him for his entire ship with 6 full penetrations. All 25,600 damage and a Devastating Strike Medal to go with it.

Obviously, he called hax, and the Moskva on my team had to explain to him that the Harugumo can and will eat full pens from BB AP, especially at that kind of angle. I was just laughing my rear end off the whole time that was going on.

So then, do you folks have any funny stories to tell? If you do, or if you have any questions, comments, or salt, do leave them down below

:SerB:

 

Worked out well so nice play! Just a note from your friendly local DD main, though:  turning away at a 90 degree angle is not a great thing to do in that situatiion. That's how you eat 4-5 torpedoes (or 7-10 if he has his TRB ready) instead of 0-2. Even with hydro, a good DD main is going to get fish in the water quick enough and know how to adjust their launch to your turn well enough that hydro won't save you. You know the fish are coming anyway and you're just making it harder to thread them.  Get bow-on and you can likely use the hydro to thread his torps, and then make your turn away if you need to once he's wasted his torps. 

Edit: I just realized I misread your post and that the Haragumo turned away at a 90 degree angle, not you. So never mind. Carry on. ;)

Edited by poeticmotion
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
484
[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,918 battles

I don't recall any moment of sheer hilarity in battle. I suppose I give the hilarity to others when I'm raging in chat.

The hilarity I get is from some of the screenshots/video clips that players post on the Forums. Some of these are raging hilarious. :Smile_veryhappy:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,845
[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles

This was a nice moment of hilarity, tho. Got down to 6 HP early due to a mistimed turn. SIX. Was able to disengage and heal a couple times, ended up with 120k dmg and top on the team in xp. 

Always focus fire wounded, y'all. This is why. 

omg6hp.png

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[WHARF]
Members
432 posts
19,416 battles

CLAN BATTLE.....right in the middle of a game..."hold on. got to get my hot pocket from the microwave"......new clan rule....NO HOT POCKETS DURING CLAN BATTLES

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Said it before will say it everytime.... Entire red team went and hugged the island between B and C on Northern lights south side.... My yugo came around the corner on 9 line and WELL lets say I couldnt launch and hit reload fast enough. Almost ever torp hit and the Salt was flowing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
161 posts
21,473 battles

Well, there was that time I spawned on top of a mountain.

 

You'll recall roughly 3 years ago there was a problem with crazy spawn points after an update - yes, I spawned with a Colorado sitting on top of a mountain....just sat there all game with no-one being able to hit me and I couldn't shoot anyone cause I was up so damn high!

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,371
[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles

Winning a match on two brothers in where

  1. People went up the middle AND
  2. They lemmy trained/Conga lined to a cap
  3. Our DD almost TK with torps a teammate (he lived, DMGed but lived)...

And still manage to win after committing these 3 horrible sins... After the match, I took a shower.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
590 posts
5,040 battles

When I was playing a particularly BAD game after just starting out WoWs, and our CV player said I should quit and uninstall the game. I asked him what the chances were that I would have a higher XP than him after the game? He said, "no chance" in all lowercase letters - probably for extra emphasis or something.

The game ended, and up came the totals. I finished with 4 XP higher than him.

I laugh my butt off every time thinking about it.

Edited by MichiganEagle
lmbo getting autocorrected for some reason.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,633
[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,649 battles

RTS CV days.

Map w/C cap w/circle of island & only east west openings (can't remember name right now)

1st chat was "Hi again guys"

2nd chat was "You gotta be kidding me!!!"

(Both on green team)

Checked team roster & 1st chat was our CV (ARP clan member)

2nd Chat was our Musashi

Checked red team roster...

CV @FemennenIy..divved w/2 07 clan members in a DM & Gearing.

Checked map...Musashi & a cruiser all alone above C cap...they head towards C.

Soon after in chat "Musashi don't head towards C"...moments later...here comes the 1st wave of planes...right for the Musashi (but of course).

After tanking damage at A cap in Yammy & pulling a U-turn to try to head towards Cto assist I look at chat to read (from Musashi)..."F(edit) You...I got a Moskva!!!"

Wish I was able to type & play at same time back then because that whole battle was 1 of the funnest chat battles I've ever been in...comps & taunts & just fun rivalry w/good natured hilarity throughout.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,061
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,620 posts
13,183 battles

Funnest things I have done.

Back in closed beta, with a far more "interesting" Match Maker, I got thrown into a t10 match with my Kongo. got a couple of kills playing as the largest cruiser in the game. Was actually a really fun game, despite slugging it out with tier 8 to 10 cruisers and a Yamato.

A long time ago, back before there were limits on how many tiers apart you could que up, I accidentally fail platooned into a tier 6 or 7 game with an Albany, gunned down 2 tier 6 DD's, came in like 3rd on the team, and was still alive at the end.

Had a couple circumnavigations of the map with the Graf Zeppelin, to get into secondary brawls with the other carrier. I also managed to kill steal from myself in the Graf Zeppelin, had just dropped torps on a Pensacola, and a barrage of gunfire  came in to kill it before the torps hit. I was trying to figure out who sniped my kill, when I looked behind my planes, and saw my ship open up on a DD that had blundered into range as well. Then I saw the kill ribbon and put two and two together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,912 battles
2 hours ago, ChronicallyChronic said:

Well, there was that time I spawned on top of a mountain.

 

You'll recall roughly 3 years ago there was a problem with crazy spawn points after an update - yes, I spawned with a Colorado sitting on top of a mountain....just sat there all game with no-one being able to hit me and I couldn't shoot anyone cause I was up so damn high!

Imagine if you got solo warrior on that match? 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,197
[INTEL]
Members
1,780 posts
16,453 battles

Two really stand out. Both in Nelson and both on Two Brothers.

 Rammed an Okt Rev in the channel. Came out the other side at full hp finishing up my 2nd heal. Not what the red team expected.

 Be chased by 5 ships all the way across the map. Red player in chat.... "crap, there he goes printing another ship again!"

Edited by Ares1967
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
329
[LANCE]
Members
897 posts
6,834 battles

Raced over to a cap in my DD with 3 div’d “followers” ... a Cleveland, Wichita and tier 8 BB (not sure which). On the way to the cap I spot a DM and Moskva heading to the cap. I ping map so the 3 div mates can see. I check my ranges and I’m pretty sure I can get in cap before they arrive. I get in cap and there’s an enemy DD in there. It had to be a Shima as red team other DD had been spotted. Meanwhile Cleveland is spamming “set a smoke screen” and “I need intelligence data”. I type in chat “Can you Radar please? Shima has better detection range”. Cleveland says “No” ... “Set a smoke screen” x 5. I spot the DM and Shima torps and think “F” that I’m off!! I ping the map on DM and Shima torps and type “Torps ... I’m backing off”. About 30 seconds later Cleveland and Witchita are smoldering wrecks and BB is burning like a petrol-bombed haystack! In chat “Neg rep DD coward!”. I say “Why didn’t you radar? We could’ve nuked the Shima.”. The response “You didn’t spot anything or smoke us up!”. I respond “Mate, I’m in a friggin Halland! No smoke!”. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yep, I did lose 3 karma points for that!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[WOLFG]
Members
216 posts
4,229 battles

I wouldn't call this sheer hilarity but it still pretty funny. In a recent game with the shchors I set a nagato on fire in places after he damage controlled the first fire I set on him, sadly no arsonist. Another moment that comes to mind is slaughtering a kidd at point blank range in my helena after he derped his torps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
281 posts
1,528 battles

Not sure if you'd call this funny or just weird, but I was once in a match on Two Brothers in my Queen Liz and saw a friendly Exeter sitting still in open water just shelling the castle at the south end of the eastern island for several minutes until an enemy Bayern deleted him.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
727
[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,375 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Hoodwink said:

Not sure if you'd call this funny or just weird, but I was once in a match on Two Brothers in my Queen Liz and saw a friendly Exeter sitting still in open water just shelling the castle at the south end of the eastern island for several minutes until an enemy Bayern deleted him.

wut

like, seriously, wut

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[ROTTN]
Members
57 posts
15,967 battles

Ranked season that just ended.

At rank 5 late game fighting for a cap in my Jervis. Was 6 against 5 in reds favour. Already finished off a low HP Jervis a minute earlier and then fired a double spread of torps at a Sinop moving in. He was at lowish health and zig zagging pretty good so if I can connect with at least 2 hes done. Just before they strike him the left most torp hits an unspotted Mahan off his bow, DD is done. 2 torps do manage to hit the Sinop, BB is done. Just as he explodes I see another Sinop just behind crossing full broadside. last torps slam into him, he is done. My first triple kill.  Once my team finish applauding the Belfast was out of radar and came limping in, I finish him off with guns from behind an island.  Got a Kraken at rank 5 but don't think there is an award for a triple.  Reds were upset to say the least. Replay moved to my keepers folder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
111
[WOLF4]
Members
395 posts
17,296 battles

 

1 hour ago, rayspotter said:

Ranked season that just ended.

At rank 5 late game fighting for a cap in my Jervis. Was 6 against 5 in reds favour. Already finished off a low HP Jervis a minute earlier and then fired a double spread of torps at a Sinop moving in. He was at lowish health and zig zagging pretty good so if I can connect with at least 2 hes done. Just before they strike him the left most torp hits an unspotted Mahan off his bow, DD is done. 2 torps do manage to hit the Sinop, BB is done. Just as he explodes I see another Sinop just behind crossing full broadside. last torps slam into him, he is done. My first triple kill.  Once my team finish applauding the Belfast was out of radar and came limping in, I finish him off with guns from behind an island.  Got a Kraken at rank 5 but don't think there is an award for a triple.  Reds were upset to say the least. Replay moved to my keepers folder. 

I had just gotten the othonik (if I spelled correctly) I saw a enemy BB in the base or home cap by Island, so I used Island to come around surprise the BB. I was surprised as there was 2 bbs and out go all my 12 torps and to further my surprise a dd comes into view charging in, ran into 1 of the torps got all 3.

In a hindenburg the map where cap b has a lot of islands around it were 2 bbs sitting. We were losing gonna lose I decided to go in the B cap from behind the bbs. There it is messaged Hindenburg get back get back, went in behind them wiggled torps out then also there was a assashio in smoke low health. I was getting to close to shoot assashio. Everything happening so fast there was a atago broadside in front of me about half health, I had HE loaded pushed button 2 fired HE kept saying to myself load AP hurry  load and I got blown up. 2 bbs sunk assashio sunk by secondaries

 

I wish there was award for 3 ships

Hapa?

Edited by Tim__2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×