Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dirt1061

Daring's Unique Upgrade in 5th Slot?

14 comments in this topic

[YETI]
Members
20 posts
7,242 battles

Based on the image from the Developer Bulletin 0.9.6, the bottom picture shows the Daring with a legendary module in the 5th slot. This would compete with the 10% Concealment (primarily used here). 

What do you think it would be? Daring seems to be performing well, so what stats would it include to change the gameplay of the DD?

bulletin-096_1920x1080.jpeg

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, Dirt1061 said:

Based on the image from the Developer Bulletin 0.9.6, the bottom picture shows the Daring with a legendary module in the 5th slot. This would compete with the 10% Concealment (primarily used here). 

What do you think it would be? Daring seems to be performing well, so what stats would it include to change the gameplay of the DD?

Very observant!

I think Daring already has relatively good concealment vs. other DDs so giving it additional benefits without a trade-off in concealment may make the legendary upgrade too strong. I wouldn't be surprised if Daring's legendary, when released, is actually in slot 5.

[EQRN]
Members
2,026 posts
17,405 battles
4 minutes ago, Dirt1061 said:

Sharp eye.  Unfortunately, it’s acquisition via RB makes it a non-starter for me regardless of the slot or stats.

• Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,257 posts
18,735 battles
13 minutes ago, Dirt1061 said:

There was an apparent leak that showed new unique upgrades for Daring, Kleber, Haragumo, Kremlin, and CVs.

Daring’s was in slot 5 and was shown as this

-10% torpedo reload

+10% torpedo damage

The purpose was to make Daring more of a torpboat, but forgot to consider torpboats require stealth to function as torpboats and Daring’s guns are too good to not upgrade

considering you go from 6km to 6.7km concealment, it’s not that good. Even putting this in slot 6 wouldn’t save it

[SRBL]
Members
484 posts
11,596 battles
3 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

considering you go from 6km to 6.7km concealment, it’s not that good. Even putting this in slot 6 wouldn’t save it 

I wouldn't even consider it. It's tough enough dealing with a UU Gearing at 6, there's no way I'm going to do that from 6.7 for a measly 10% torp load increase. 

[Y0L0]
Members
226 posts
20,691 battles

Please stop putting non-fast gunboat DD legendary/unique upgrades in the concealment slot.  Unless the upgrade includes some concealment (Gearing, Z-52), it's too big a hit regardless of the bonuses.  A DDs need speed or concealment, faster reloads won't help if it has neither.  That Daring upgrade is laughable in the 5th slot.  As is It would need to be in the 6th slot and also add 2km to torp range with some negative related to guns or consumables.   

[SMOKD]
Members
41 posts
11,029 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

There was an apparent leak that showed new unique upgrades for Daring, Kleber, Haragumo, Kremlin, and CVs.

Do you have more info on these upgrades? 

[GRAVE]
Members
1,257 posts
18,735 battles
13 hours ago, daikujin said:

Do you have more info on these upgrades? 

it was posted in Flamu's discord about a week ago. From what I remember (bold are buffs, italicized are nerfs)

Kleber (slot 6): -20% concealment
              +80% main battery reload     (if it stays like this, move over Monty, there's a new worst UU in town)

Kremlin: (slot 6) -15% Reload of main guns

-15% main gun range
                  -20%(?) Consumable reload    (quite a trade off, but meme worthy dam con reload)

Haragumo (slot 6(?)) Not sure about the exact specifics, but it basically gives you creeping smoke

Haku (slot 6) +15% aircraft speed

-20% engine boost duration   (not sure how good this is, seems fair, so its probably good for a UU according to WG)

Midway (slot 6) +15% bomber health
                             +10% bomb damage
         (WG knows how to balance CVs it seems)

Audacious (slot 6) -15% SHIP concealment

something regarding plane speed or health, not sure, think it was a buff     (WG knows how to balance CVs it seems)

Changed upgrades:

Z-52 (slot 5): added -10% to torpedo detectability (about as effective as putting lipstick on a pig)

Groz (slot 6): torpedo reload nerf increased from 10% to 20% (doesn't change much)

Zao (slot 6): loses 7% dispersion bonus (still decent, but not as potent)

Moskva (slot 6): turret traverse nerf increased to 20% (still decent)

Mino (slot 5): loses -10% dispersion of shells being fired at you (may not be noticed by many)

Yamato (slot 6): loses 6% reload buff

Edited by tfcas119
Typo
  • Thanks 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,633 posts
22,367 battles
22 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

it was posted in Flamu's discord about a week ago. From what I remember (bold are buffs, italicized are nerfs)

Kleber (slot 6): -20% concealment
              +80% main battery reload     (if it stays like this, move over Monty, there's a new worst UU in town)

Kremlin: (slot 6) -15% Reload of main guns

-15% main gun range
                  -20%(?) Consumable reload    (quite a trade off, but meme worthy dam con reload)

Haragumo (slot 6(?)) Not sure about the exact specifics, but it basically gives you creeping smoke

-20% engine boost duration   (not sure how good this is, seems fair, so its probably good for a UU according to WG)

+10% bomb damage

Audacious (slot 6) +15% SHIP concealment

something regarding plane speed or health, not sure, think it was a buff     (WG knows how to balance CVs it seems)

Changed upgrades:

Z-52 (slot 5): added -10% to torpedo detectability (about as effective as putting lipstick on a pig)

Groz (slot 6): torpedo reload nerf increased from 10% to 20% (doesn't change much)

Zao (slot 6): loses 7% dispersion bonus (still decent, but not as potent)

Moskva (slot 6): turret traverse nerf increased to 20% (still decent)

Mino (slot 5): loses -10% dispersion of shells being fired at you (may not be noticed by many)

Yamato (slot 6): loses 6% reload buff

Kleber: As a former Kleber fanboy, I want to like this, as I loved her pre-nerf ambush playstyle but the concealment nerf forced her into a one-dimensional run and gun role (hence why Marceau is my new bae.) but +80% reload is way too much to pay. Make it -10% concealment and +20% on the reload and I'd do it in a heartbeat. But +80% is ridiculous. I'd rather gain 10% concealment for a much lower reload nerf. 

Kremlin: Don't play her enough to have a strong opinion but I'd equip that; I don't like to sit out at max range anyway. Literally the only time I'm engaging at farther than 12-15km in a BB is start of match.

Haragumo sounds interesting. I'd have to see the tradeoff but creeping smoke on a Haragumo could be really good. Love it on my Haida, its super versatile if you get creative with how you use it.  Without hydro  and at high-tier where radar is prevalent, it wouldn't be that OP. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
919 posts
10,118 battles
59 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Haragumo sounds interesting. I'd have to see the tradeoff but creeping smoke on a Haragumo could be really good. Love it on my Haida, its super versatile if you get creative with how you use it.  Without hydro  and at high-tier where radar is prevalent, it wouldn't be that OP. 

Have you tried the Minotaur legendary in conjunction with Smoke mod 1 in slot 3?

[PVE]
Members
6,127 posts
22,432 battles
53 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Have you tried the Minotaur legendary in conjunction with Smoke mod 1 in slot 3?

Why Yes...Yes I Have :-)

Not a fan of losing the -10% dispersion of shells being fired at you...at least let it keep the standard -5% :-(

I use my smokes for team coverage & stay out & run & gun while being an alternate DD (Mino's true worth) when my DDs need to smoke during a knife fight.

I for 1 will notice that nerf...& in a very bad way :Smile_ohmy:

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[STURM]
Members
707 posts
5,737 battles

I think the thing most people are overlooking about the Daring's proposed unique mod is that it doesn't take away from the guns at all. You can still keep your blistering rate of fire and actually make the ship into a good torpedo boat as well in exchange for some concealment.

The big problem I have with it is the fact that I can't swap between the two at will. I play Daring for the cap contesting, and this mod basically dumpsters the ability to do that.

If I could swap at will, even if it was just to one set mod, I would be tempted, but right now? Not worth it.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

+10% bomb damage

Audacious (slot 6) +15% SHIP concealment

Haku's seems really strong. Midway's also seems strong if it has no downside. Is that a typo with Audacious's? +15% concealment would be a nerf.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,652 posts
14,719 battles
10 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

think the thing most people are overlooking about the Daring's proposed unique mod is that it doesn't take away from the guns at all. You can still keep your blistering rate of fire and actually make the ship into a good torpedo boat as well in exchange for some concealment.

I don't think it would make her a particularly good torpedo boat -

Daring w/mooted upgrade -
2x5 TT, 112.5s reload, 18,442 damage, 10km range, 62kt speed, 1.3km detect
Ship best stealth - 6.7km

Gearing w/Mk. 16 Mod 1 -
2x5 TT, 103s reload, 19,033 damage, 10.5km range, 66kt speed, 1.4km detect
Ship best stealth (no leg-mod) - 5.9km

Gearing w/Mk. 17
2x5 TT, 116s reload, 17,900 damage, 16.5km range, 66kt speed, 1.4km detect

The Daring torpedoes are held back by the reload already being pretty long for what they are, and the 10km range which is dangerous for working around radar. Giving up what is adequate concealment, worse than the high tier USN and PA destroyers, all the IJN torpedo boats, lower tier RN destroyers, but better than the gunboats) is not a great trade.

Sign in to follow this