You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Trick - WoWS inspired by Warhammer 40,000 and I got a rock

80 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,617 posts
19,777 battles

Be one of the early to purchase of the WoWS inspired by Warhammer 40,000 and get:
- THE IMPERIUM OF MAN FLAG
- RUINOUS POWERS FLAG
- NAVIS IMPERIALIS PATCH
- THE CHAOS STAR PATCH
BONUS SPECIAL COMBAT MISSIONS FOR WARHAMMER 40,000 THEMED CONTAINERS IN UPDATE 0.9.5

So am I understand that no ship was entertain to be included in all of the Warhammer 40K containers? Then what was Mr. Conway hinting at in the WGCC Twitch streams? Was there a skin to change the Amagi into a 40k ship? What is the deal?

Later found on the WoWS portal:

You also have a chance to get premium battleship with distinctive themed permanent camouflage and 10-skill-point Commander.

I guess RNG Jesus is having a laugh at me again. My 16,123 battles fought in WoWS means nothing to WG. Caveat Emptor. Spend your money wisely.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
3 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

My 16,123 battles fought in WoWS means nothing to WG.

They mean nothing to RNGesus, that's for sure.

Your problem is that you bought the bundle expecting a ship. Never buy a bundle unless you're going to be satisfied with the least that it can bring you.

Also, the statement I quoted does smack of entitlement somewhat. You might want to do something about that attitude. It will get you into trouble one day.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Members
13,279 posts

So you bought something without reading it through ahead of time?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
12 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

So am I understand that no ship was entertain to be included in all of the Warhammer 40K containers? Then what was Mr. Conway hinting at in the WGCC Twitch streams? Was there a skin to change the Amagi into a 40k ship? What is the deal?

I guess RNG Jesus is having a laugh at me again. My 16,123 battles fought in WoWS means nothing to WG. Caveat Emptor. Spend your money wisely.

Wait, so you think we should improve your RNG for container drops based off the battles you've played?

-Hapa

• Funny 6

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,740 posts
21 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

You got what you should have expected to get. 

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
516 posts
5,054 battles

I bought the pack when it was $10 US. I liked the flags. The patches would be better if real, got a jacket I might sew them on (NOTE to WG marketing LET US BUY TANGIBLE THINGS!!). A ship in a crate would have been cool but I didn't get one. Maybe next time.

[EQRN]
Members
2,037 posts
17,539 battles
33 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Wait, so you think we should improve your RNG for container drops based off the battles you've played?

-Hapa

I wouldn’t oppose that :cap_cool:

• Haha 1

[WG]
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I wouldn’t oppose that :cap_cool:

NO! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
43 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

This might get me to spend again.

Please no!

• Haha 2

[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles
44 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Wait, so you think we should improve your RNG for container drops?

-Hapa

No, I think you should improve MY RNG for container drops.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[LF]
Members
222 posts

There use to be a reward once a year that was based on how many battles you had played. Age bites ... I don't remember what the reward was. I thought this was appropriate. It wasn't a huge reward ... a SC container maybe? I would not want every RNG event to give a better chance to those who have more battles accomplished. There are those players who have 10 - 12 thousand battles at tier one for example. But a once a year reward would be very appropriate IMHO.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
36 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

(NOTE to WG marketing LET US BUY TANGIBLE THINGS!!)

THIS SO MUCH

The Premium Shop had lovely pictures to go with every ship they have for sale (that have now sadly been butchered), and I thought it would be neat if you could buy a premium ship package that included a print-on-demand poster of one of those illustrations.

50 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I wouldn't complain if it happened... :cap_haloween:

• Thanks 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,617 posts
19,777 battles
45 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

I guess customer rewards would be nice the more you play. BTW, when I buy a lottery ticket, at least I get the Probability of Winning chance listed such as 1 in 2.94. WG should do the same for transparency with these containers. But oh yeah that would indicate gambling. 

36 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You got what you should have expected to get. 

Yep. The old WG container bait. Maybe the last time too.

• Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,740 posts
56 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Only if Co-op battles count...  :Smile_trollface:

[WG]
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
5 minutes ago, n5bar said:

There use to be a reward once a year that was based on how many battles you had played. Age bites ... I don't remember what the reward was. I thought this was appropriate. It wasn't a huge reward ... a SC container maybe? I would not want every RNG event to give a better chance to those who have more battles accomplished. There are those players who have 10 - 12 thousand battles at tier one for example. But a once a year reward would be very appropriate IMHO.

I have been playing since second week of Alpha testing, we have NEVER given rewards for how much you play, we HAVE however, given rewards out for anniversaries the game has been live and the people that are still active on those anniversaries have gotten stuff in the past, but we only did that one time and is not the standard. We change the anniversary rewards every year.

5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

THIS SO MUCH

The Premium Shop had lovely pictures to go with every ship they have for sale (that have now sadly been butchered), and I thought it would be neat if you could buy a premium ship package that included a print-on-demand poster of one of those illustrations.

I wouldn't complain if it happened... :cap_haloween:

Trust me we WANT to do this, but the logistics are significantly more complicated than people often realize.

2 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I guess customer rewards would be nice the more you play. BTW, when I buy a lottery ticket, at least I get the Probability of Winning chance listed such as 1 in 2.94. WG should do the same for transparency with these containers. But oh yeah that would indicate gambling. 

Yep. The old WG container bait. Maybe the last time too.

The RNG for drops is the same across the board for everyone regardless of how much you play, always been this way, more than likely always will. We never have nor will we probably ever give the chances of drops out as this is the standard pretty much for every single video game publisher. What it boils down to is we tell you what you can get from the containers and people make a decision on if they want to purchase or not. Beyond that, this specifically is a collaboration, we don't just throw this stuff together and we are also connected to what the collab company will and will not allow.

-Hapa

• Haha 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Companies tend to see longevity as its own reward, and games aren't much different.  Players look at it as "I played 10k battles, I deserve something!" while the company looks at it as "You got 10k battles of enjoyment out of the game and the rewards that came along with that".

Look at all the things that new players get today....you may be a bit jealous.  But, they will most likely never have a chance at Missouri (a realistic chance that is), or Benham, Vampire....they have to grind the lines, where some of us dont.  They missed the Space events, bounty events, halloween, etc.  Being here a long time has its own rewards, else you wouldn't have stayed :)

[WG]
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Companies tend to see longevity as its own reward, and games aren't much different.  Players look at it as "I played 10k battles, I deserve something!" while the company looks at it as "You got 10k battles of enjoyment out of the game and the rewards that came along with that".

Just wondering, what do new players get that everyone hasn't already?

-Hapa

• Sad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Trust me we WANT to do this, but the logistics are significantly more complicated than people often realize.

Then create an Amazon outlet. Something. Anything. But the amount of money WG is leaving on the table is disgusting.

1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

It's mostly the "When I was your age, sonny, we had to walk uphill both ways to school in the snow, naked" syndrome. It's people wishing that some of the stuff which is in the game now (coal and coal premiums, all the flags etc.) was there when they started. And I completely agree. Coal and directives were the two best things that ever happened to me in WOWS, and I'd love to have had them from when I first started playing, but I'm not going to get bitter about the timespan for which I did without them.

• Thanks 1

[WG]
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then create an Amazon outlet. Something. Anything. But the amount of money WG is leaving on the table is disgusting.

It's already being looked at, and has been.

:Smile_izmena:

[SALVO]
Members
4,494 posts
3,829 battles
15 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

The tools for faster progresion and access to premium ships from in game earned resources. Back in the day, premiums were only bought with $$$ or event earned and there were no shortcuts to grinding lines.

Well "the everyone hasn't already" makes this one a bit of a trick question tho...:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by ArIskandir

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
279 posts
6,166 battles

Those of us who have been around since launch really have gotten a lot of stuff from WG... so longeivity is rewarded.  I can't think of all the different rewards we got for anniversary packages... special game modes with special rewards... ships that are no longer accessible... 

Increasing RNG for longevity honestly would be a turn off for new players... Why would I want to play a game where my shots to get that "cool new thing" are 1 in 100,000 but the guy who already has amassed a ton of stuff in the game now gets a shot at that "cool new thing" at a 1 in 1000 chance.  RANDOM crates should have the same "fairness" to players no matter how long they've been around.  

Maybe we should ask for a special camo for those who have played for more than 2 years... like tennis balls on the corners of all of our ships?   LOL  

Us longer term players have all gotten perks that short term players have not, no sense in taking what should be randomized crates and skewing them.

• Thanks 2

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,617 posts
19,777 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Also, the statement I quoted does smack of entitlement somewhat. You might want to do something about that attitude. It will get you into trouble one day.

It may sound entitlement, but its not. It was more of what is your rank or time in playing WoWS is what I am referring too. You know rank has some impact in command decision? BTW I got suck into what Mr. Conway was hint on these containers and that salesmanship sold me on the container purchase. Congrates to him.  To me I got a hint of understanding that once the missions are completed. that I could get the 40k WoWS ship in the end. I now know how other WoWS players feel about past WoWS Christmas containers. 

[WG]
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

The tools for faster progresion and access to premium ships from in game earned resources. Back in the day, premiums were only bought with $$$ or event earned and there were no shortcuts to grinding lines.

progression was actually faster earlier in the game, believe it or not, I looked at this data recently.

Though we have access to more stuff to progress with, new players have to wait longer to use that stuff than we did back in the day.

As for the premiums, there are FAR MORE premiums available now because of progression of time. Access to those premiums for the most part is still the same, there just is FAR MORE of them so maybe technically it isn't?  I can see this.

-Hapa

[A-I-M]
Members
3,016 posts
22,130 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

No, based on what Ive spent :Smile_trollface:

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,494 posts
3,829 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

progression was actually faster earlier in the game, believe it or not, I looked at this data recently.

Out of curiosity, how are you measuring that? 

XP rewards have been nerfed? Or is a case of us oldies being more dedicated players and better at maxing earnings than todays more casual brethren?