Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Damage and kills

9 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles

I was grinding my Thunderer to get the Brit BB (and other) tasks complete. Since I mostly play Coop I figured some of the tasks, like that 189K damage were out of my reach. For me at least. I'm not unicum. Especially with the influx of other good players that are also grinding task, competing for that limited HP pool. Therefore, I was flabbergasted when I completed a game with 198K damage (I think it was an all human team). The really amazing part was somehow I only got one kill that game.   

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

You can get up there, but it is more a matter of the situation in the match than it is skills IMO.  With the extended duration of coop now, if you can get a decent amount of BBs on your side and a lot of bots on your team (or players that are on the other side of the map), you can rake up some damage.

• Cool 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
516 posts
5,042 battles

Congrats on a great game! I own the Graf Spee so used it for 50,000 to beat that mission.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60

[CO-OP]
Members
1,498 posts
24,772 battles

Nice one, especially with an all human team. The more DDs a BB has to contend with the less your possible damage will be, BB heavy games are your goldmine.

[PVE]
Members
11,861 posts
24,559 battles
22 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

I was grinding my Thunderer to get the Brit BB (and other) tasks complete. Since I mostly play Coop I figured some of the tasks, like that 189K damage were out of my reach. For me at least. I'm not unicum. Especially with the influx of other good players that are also grinding task, competing for that limited HP pool. Therefore, I was flabbergasted when I completed a game with 198K damage (I think it was an all human team). The really amazing part was somehow I only got one kill that game.   

Yeah, some games you do all the work and others get the kills

1.jpg

[D3V1L]
Members
2 posts
5,050 battles

Often I read about KILLS, KILLS, KILLS....

Admiral Thunder you make a great point. Real (bragging rights) game performance is based on Damage and Kills are more often a luck of the draw. 

To some it looks great to say I got 7 or more kills in a game but when you see damages below 100k associated with those kills ...  that is, as you say, you do all the work and others get the kills!!!

[CO-OP]
Members
1,498 posts
24,772 battles

Yeah it's really nice when you get both.

1398253790_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_04.24-06_39_27_82.thumb.png.a3f6bec25031b3fb70c0e7c24aba5709.png

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Kills are for show, damage is for dough. 

A BB can take 50% or more off a target in a single salvo, bring it down under 10%, and then see the kill go to someone else with rapid-firing guns getting in a flurry of shots during reload.  

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,498 posts
24,772 battles

^^ I seem to do this a lot, quite frustrating.

Sign in to follow this