Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Sad day... Finished "Bad Advice" collection...

14 comments in this topic

Members
2,012 posts
28,755 battles

...so no more duplicates. I was up to 81 when a container gave me the last non-dup icon. Farming this collection was easy as the rewards were essentially worthless and thus no motivation to finish. The farming did yield 1,215,000 silver (cashing in the dups automatically), and as I've not let the last 3 of the 4 subcollections actually populate (I haven't 'looked' at them), I have banked 3 days of premium time that I can claim (1 at a time) if I really need XP production in the future.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
32 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

...so no more duplicates. I was up to 81 when a container gave me the last non-dup icon. Farming this collection was easy as the rewards were essentially worthless and thus no motivation to finish. The farming did yield 1,215,000 silver (cashing in the dups automatically), and as I've not let the last 3 of the 4 subcollections actually populate (I haven't 'looked' at them), I have banked 3 days of premium time that I can claim (1 at a time) if I really need XP production in the future.

Wasn't the duplicates in the CAP event a 1 for 1 swap for ones you did not have?

I remember the event was easy to finish because of this.

[PHD]
Members
244 posts
15,181 battles
5 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Wasn't the duplicates in the CAP event a 1 for 1 swap for ones you did not have?

I remember the event was easy to finish because of this.

Yes, but the point is the compensation for the dups once the collection completed was worth more than the reward for actually completing the collection.

I did the same with the Royal Navy Destroyer collection. Was in no hurry to get permacams for ships I didn't own so I just waited. Eventually had over 35 dups for a collection of 16 items.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
1 minute ago, Potohto928 said:

Yes, but the point is the compensation for the dups once the collection completed was worth more than the reward for actually completing the collection.

I did the same with the Royal Navy Destroyer collection. Was in no hurry to get permacams for ships I didn't own so I just waited. Eventually had over 35 dups for a collection of 16 items.

Ok, you did not make that clear in the original post.

Whatever floats your boat!

Members
2,012 posts
28,755 battles
2 minutes ago, Potohto928 said:

Eventually had over 35 dups for a collection of 16 items.

I had hoped to hit 100 dups for 1.5mil, but odds caught up with me...

Members
2,126 posts
7,630 battles

This is my first attempt at collection farming.  I currently have 28 duplicates with 5 items still pending.  Easy money.  :cap_horn:

[WOLF7]
Members
904 posts

I recently discovered you could convert duplicates into unearned items. That allowed me to complete two collections (Yamamoto and Bad Advice). I wish WG would give players more info about the finer details of things like collections.

[BSL]
Members
1,232 posts
21,644 battles
3 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

I recently discovered you could convert duplicates into unearned items. That allowed me to complete two collections (Yamamoto and Bad Advice). I wish WG would give players more info about the finer details of things like collections.

Your friends on the Forum are here to help you with questions.:cap_book:

[ARGSY]
Members
24,498 posts
18,502 battles
2 minutes ago, Double_Doody said:

Now, my question is how do you convert the duplicates?

If you want to trade them for an item you don't have, you click on an empty slot in the collection.

To convert the dups to cash, you have to finish the collection. They automatically convert at that point.

[NFFS]
Members
259 posts
7,929 battles
2 minutes ago, Double_Doody said:

Now, my question is how do you convert the duplicates?

It depends on the collection.  In every case, you click on a collection item that you do not have and then 'trade in' your duplicates.  The number used varies considerably from 1 to 5 duplicates per collection item.

The conversion of duplicates to cash happens when you finish the collection.  Now, if you keep collecting the items after finishing the collection, then they immediately convert to cash.

Have fun!

Members
128 posts
2 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

That's pretty good for such a small collection. I've been doing the same. Got 1,750,000 for the Yamamoto collection and 1,470,000 for the High School Fleet collection. Patience is rewarded :cap_like:

Members
1,078 posts
12,843 battles

I have 83 Bad Advice duplicates with just one unique to find ("Lion: Might and Nerve").  Sometimes I let the containers accumulate without opening them, for the same reason - collecting duplicates.  I don't have any other unfinished subscription collections, so this one will be going for however long it takes.  I had well over 100 duplicates in the American Cruiser collection before I finished it.

Sign in to follow this