Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

Prevalence of 457mm+

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,902
[NH]
Members
1,760 posts

Back in the day you only had to worry about the Yamato. It was the mean mama jama with the ability to over match cruiser bows with ease. Why does WG think its a good thing to keep adding more large caliber ships like this? As a cruiser each game you come across a Thunderer or Georgia, let alone a Yamato or Musashi.  It's literally an easy button against cruisers because you dont have to aim nearly as well. Just shoot in general direction get citadels.

 

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,429
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,088 posts
18,898 battles

Tell me, what cruisers do Georgia and Thunderer overmatch that 16" armed ships don't already?

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[1984]
Members
4,120 posts
19,840 battles
3 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Back in the day you only had to worry about the Yamato. It was the mean mama jama with the ability to over match cruiser bows with ease. Why does WG think its a good thing to keep adding more large caliber ships like this? As a cruiser each game you come across a Thunderer or Georgia, let alone a Yamato or Musashi.  It's literally an easy button against cruisers because you dont have to aim nearly as well. Just shoot in general direction get citadels.

 

This overmatch is good. It removes the easy button from cruisers who used to just sit still nose on and mindlessly spam HE and could sink battleships, who had no hope of matching the dpm. Now cruisers for the most part have to move a little while spamming HE.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,902
[NH]
Members
1,760 posts
54 minutes ago, Lert said:

Tell me, what cruisers do Georgia and Thunderer overmatch that 16" armed ships don't already?

Every 30mm of armor section of a cruiser which is most of the high tier heavies. For example A Goliath can angle out of a Montana's shells and anything up to 429mm assuming they dont hit straight on the nose and enter the citadel. 

 

image.thumb.png.1aaa8ae652697b3928ba5ee001c647b9.png

 

Want to know whats right behind that plate?

 

image.thumb.png.42d3d633c31dbb6aee358d16f7b34fff.png

 

 

Now because of the angle its pretty rare to take a salvo of citadels but you will take salvos of pens no matter how hard you angle because that layer of armor is defeated by 457mm overmatch. Where I'm going with this is you wont find any cruisers with over 30mm armor on the upper section of the belt. Due to this you cant out skill anything over 429mm unless it misses. There are plenty more examples but I'll leave that for you to check out in port.

 

 

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Georgia  is a USN ship that has 18 inch guns that is accurate and hard hitting. Need more USN BBs with 18 inch guns, 16 inch isn't good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
146 posts
3,636 battles

Threads like this are the reason I play Thunderer and Yamato.:cap_look:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,546
[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles
2 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Every 30mm of armor section of a cruiser which is most of the high tier heavies. For example A Goliath can angle out of a Montana's shells and anything up to 429mm assuming they dont hit straight on the nose and enter the citadel. 

 

image.thumb.png.1aaa8ae652697b3928ba5ee001c647b9.png

 

Want to know whats right behind that plate?

 

image.thumb.png.42d3d633c31dbb6aee358d16f7b34fff.png

 

 

Now because of the angle its pretty rare to take a salvo of citadels but you will take salvos of pens no matter how hard you angle because that layer of armor is defeated by 457mm overmatch. Where I'm going with this is you wont find any cruisers with over 30mm armor on the upper section of the belt. Due to this you cant out skill anything over 429mm unless it misses. There are plenty more examples but I'll leave that for you to check out in port.

 

 

it is inevitable that as a game progresses more different caliber and more in volume will be released its just the nature of new content demand.

to land a citadel against a cruiser you can over match from the nose is very rare from distance, it is really only achievable under 10km even then BB are very heavily subjected to RNG of shell dispersion.

on the contrary a better arguement is why are wargaming adding more cv because they are easy mode against every ship class instead of just this 1 case where the BB is the "counter" to cruisers, i say this loosely because in reality a cruiser can counter a BB in most situations.

i was going to drop a cheeky #BanBBComplainers but ill keep it civil this time :)

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,642
[O7]
Members
1,024 posts
4,375 battles

CV apologist logic:

AP shell that have a 10-20 second reaction time depending on distance and a dispersion of 100-200+m is a problem

AP bomb that have a 1-1.5 second reaction time and a dispersion of 30m is ok

 

Cruisers in clan wars season 8: Gets shot by BB, take on average 4k damage 

Cruisers in clan wars season 9: Sees AP bomber, pays automatic 25.5k hp """tax"""

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
692
[--V--]
Members
1,402 posts
13,521 battles
9 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

  It's literally an easy button against cruisers because you dont have to aim nearly as well. Just shoot in general direction get citadels.

 

This is the funniest post I've seen all week!!!

That's right folks,,, Yammy and Musashi are literally Citadelpalooza's.   30 or more Cits per match cause its sooooo easy.   ROFLMBO.

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×