You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Which ship has the most powerful 2ndaries that it is simply obscene?

60 comments in this topic

[ARP]
Members
807 posts
41,820 battles

Idk about battleships, or cruisers, but Manfred von Richthofen secondary guns is insanely good, based on her max range, and concealment build, which is 10.89 km and 11 km, respectively 

For destroyers, I think a certain pan eu or British DD can use it without being seen, iirc...... can’t remember the teir nor name sadly 

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,172 battles

The most effective secondaries in the game imo are the gk secondaries. The 128's have a base pen of 32mm's. This allows them to pen the bow of pretty much every ship in the game. The 150's can pen 38'mm which allows it to pen the deck of us bb's, Alaska deck, and Puerto Rico deck. Even just taking aft and manual secondaries makes them extremely scary. The Ohio also has great secondaries. They have a blistering fire rate and an extremely high fire chance. I would go with the gk though because it relies less on rng fires. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,810 posts
21,758 battles

Graf Zeppelin.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

[ARP]
Members
807 posts
41,820 battles
Just now, eagle_lance said:

The most effective secondaries in the game imo are the gk secondaries. The 128's have a base pen of 32mm's. This allows them to pen the bow of pretty much every ship in the game. The 150's can pen 38'mm which allows it to pen the deck of us bb's, Alaska deck, and Puerto Rico deck. Even just taking aft and manual secondaries makes them extremely scary. The Ohio also has great secondaries. They have a blistering fire rate and an extremely high fire chance. I would go with the gk though because it relies less on rng fires. 

Isn’t a tank build better on gk? Or is secondary builds on her that much better?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,342 posts
14,924 battles
45 minutes ago, Submarine_M1 said:

Idk about battleships, or cruisers, but Manfred von Richthofen secondary guns is insanely good, based on her max range, and concealment build, which is 10.89 km and 11 km, respectively 

For destroyers, I think a certain pan eu or British DD can use it without being seen, iirc...... can’t remember the teir nor name sadly 

Manfred von Richthofen is still a test ship and you can't rely on the current stats.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,695 posts
4,524 battles

Graf Zeppelin

cGdVHzX.gif

• Cool 2

[ARP]
Members
807 posts
41,820 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Manfred von Richthofen is still a test ship and you can't rely on the current stats.

I understand 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,153 battles

"Which ship has the most powerful 2ndaries that it is simply obscene?"

Katori

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
13,355 posts
20,181 battles

Graf Zeppelin

Its the only CV in where, you dont need planes at all.... Partner up with some smoke heavy DDs and which it sink little ships, medium ships and DMG the big ships.

Hands down, the GZ secondaries are OP in the game...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 1

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

No ship in the game has "obscene" secondaries. They are very much icing on the topping of your main battery, especially if you do the smart thing and play a hybrid build where you take Superintendent instead of BFT, and you still take Fire Prevention.

Ships that have good secondaries are the German BB line from Tier 7 to Tier 10, Georgia, Gneisenau, Mass, most of the US "Fast Battleships" are what I call the "good" class.

Certain French Battleships, lower tier German premiums like the Scharnhorst can be built secondary, also the Yamato can have a decent secondary build.

Nagato & Warspite can be built for a "good for it's tier" secondary build.

Edited by macktkau2

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Graf Zeppelin, the only things really holding them back is the lack of range and her atrocious concealment. That improved accuracy on them combined with German pen make her a monster in situations where you can make use of them.

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts
1 hour ago, macktkau2 said:

No ship in the game has "obscene" secondaries. They are very much icing on the topping of your main battery, especially if you do the smart thing and play a hybrid build where you take Superintendent instead of BFT, and you still take Fire Prevention (which mean

Ships that have good secondaries are the German BB line from Tier 7 to Tier 10, Georgia, Gneisenau, Mass, most of the US "Fast Battleships" are what I call the "good" class.

Certain French Battleships, lower tier German premiums like the Scharnhorst can be built secondary, also the Yamato can have a decent secondary build.

Lol, I think the phrase used was more a play on wanting to know which ship's 2ndries would have him laughing in glee throughout the match. :Smile_teethhappy:

Whereas your reply sounds like 2ndry ships are your favourite ship type and you got a shiver down your spine when you thought declaring them obscene may get them nerfed and take your fun away!

A guess, so I could be wrong, but it did sound like a rally to defend lol.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
6,680 posts
3,338 battles
2 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

Don't forget the Mikasa. Down at tier 2 her secondaries can shred the little tin cans she faces like cheese in a grater.

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
1,387 posts
4,495 battles
4 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Which ship?

There are a few actually:

• The T10 Shikishima
    • Pros - Highest DPM in the game BY FAR, and 100% 32mm pen capable with IFHE.  Monster.
    • Cons - Weaker mount survivability.  Yamato hull cheek.  Needs IFHE for 32mm pen.  Steel wall.
  • The T10 Grober Kurfurst is the best overall secondary "platform" right out of the box
    • Pros - Great everything:  Mount survivability, firing angles, armor profile, ballistics, 100% 32mm pen capable right out of the box. 
    • Cons - None, really. 
  • The T8 Graf Zepplin (her secondaries are basically just to ward off destroyers)
    • Pros - Very high DPM for T8.  Substantial accuracy mod that makes the Massachusetts look like a joke.
    • Cons - She's a CV.  Poor AA.  Lacks range.
  • The T8 Massachusetts - (You have to look at her relative to her tier)
    • Pros - High DPM and accuracy, best firing angles, superior main battery performance to Bismarck/Tirpitz
    • Cons - None that actually matter
Edited by Ranari
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,514 posts
11,174 battles

As an addition to @Ranari's list I would include Konig Albert.....class for class those are pretty darn good....

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles
5 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Graf Zepplin is unparalleled

One of them shredded my Shiratsuyu ages ago, he chased after me with his flattop gattling gun wagon...

[O_O]
Members
7,042 posts
17,437 battles

Mikasa is the original "Death Blossom".

[NUWES]
Members
3,431 posts
12,831 battles

Add to the list that Prinz Eitel Friedrich has powerful secondaries on T6 and Arkansas Beta on T4. 

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,172 battles
9 hours ago, Submarine_M1 said:

Isn’t a tank build better on gk? Or is secondary builds on her that much better?

I've used tank build before and it's meh. You might as well play the monty if you want a tanky battleship with 12 406mm guns. Under the right circumstances the secondaries are brutal. Certain maps make the secondaries not viable but I've definitely had more fun and get more consistent results with the secondaries 

• Cool 1

[1CVDV]
Members
263 posts
12,400 battles

I built warspite with secondary build...I believe its like 7.6k,man are dd's shocked when I start lighting the s*** out of them when they attempt torp runs on me.plus warspite has a very nimble rudder,she can dodge torps with best of them....lol