You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Most Beautiful Ships in the Game. Your opinions?

42 comments in this topic

Members
1,042 posts
4,355 battles

Hey again!

So, I recently noticed a thread that outlines the ugliest, most hideous, and most disgusting looking ships in the game. Whether it be poor old Izumo or the Chester, whatever it was, if it was in the game and it was ugly, you'd find it there. 

So I had a thought. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects of warship design language, why don't we try and take a look at some of the nicer parts of warship design language, like the Bismarck and the Gneisenau ( and basically 85 to 90 percent of the Germans; If there's one thing they never get wrong, it's the design language ).

A good example is the Kurfurst. Yeah, sure, it's a massive bratwurst, but just look at it

image.jpeg.26142a9f1bd191365fc7e5e4e042499e.jpeg

Sleek, curved main hull, elegeant superstructures, raised Atlantic Bow, clean deck, just look at it, it's beautiful!  In fact, one of the main reasons that I grinded down the German Battleship Tech Tree was just to admire these warships in all their glory.

So then, what are the ships that you consider to be elegeant? If you have any answers, or if you have any questions, comments, or salt, do leave them down below

:SerB:

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,850 battles

Sleek hull that tapers to a sharp point which allows her to gracefully and swiftly cut through the water. I also find the superstructures and funnels on top tier USSR CAs and BBs very aesthetically pleasing. WG always does an awesome job on the ship models.  

WorldOfWarships64 2020-06-16 23-17-02-352.jpg

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,495 posts

Giulio Cesare is quite nice, as are the Zara-class cruisers.

Giulio_Cesare_wows_main.jpg

Gorizia_wows_main.jpg

but I think the most aesthetically pleasing are the Alsace sisters.

Bourgogne_wows_main.jpg

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,116 posts
13,727 battles

I always wonder how people see beauty in a ship. Yes, some are ugly but I do not find any beauty is a ship. It may be I look for function.

• Boring 2

[NMKJT]
Members
2,665 posts
7,442 battles

Roma. Stalingrad comes real close though. There's a bunch of others, but those two are on the top for me right now.

Members
291 posts
5 battles

Lightning, she's a gorgeous ship.  Daylight second.

Udaloi is quite nice looking as well.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,644 posts
4,350 battles

Scharnhorst

11GzBN4.jpg

The Gneisenau, Tirpitz, and Bismarck also look good.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,056 posts
8,845 battles

Scharnhorst, with the Iowa-Class BBs a close second....

Members
586 posts
4,123 battles
1 hour ago, DJC_499 said:

Scharnhorst, with the Iowa-Class BBs a close second....

I'll second the Iowa/Missouri, and add the Salem/Des Moines.  I've always been partial to the Scharnhorst and as you can tell, I'm having trouble making up my mind.

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,415 battles

Quite a few Ijn ships have sleek lines along with decent looking superstructures (from looking at them bow on).

I'd say Mogami as my first pick of the ships I have. Yamato is very 'clean' looking too.

Edited by Antean
correction

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
491 posts
4,988 battles
8 hours ago, clammboy said:

Is this the best looking ship and cameo in the game ? - General ...

Yes but you should NEVER show her out of water. She looks like a pregnant skateboard. Only in the water is she sleek and shark like.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
2 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Yes but you should NEVER show her out of water. She looks like a pregnant skateboard. Only in the water is she sleek and shark like.

Yea your right I didn't even notice that till you said it . I just always think of her as beautiful especially the black version .

• Cool 1