Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Why so many suiciding into the enemy?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,377
Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles

I swear every game on BOTH sides I am seeing players even in high tiers just suicide for no reason. Even costing teams games they were winning. Are players that unaware of what they are charging into? Do these folks even look at the minimap? I just do not get it. I look at the minimap and I think to myself what is going through this person head? Even when the team is letting them know it is a bad idea they still do it. It is almost like watching someone focused on their cell phone texting and then walking into a powerline pole or right into traffic. Sadly this has becoming more and more the norm.  

/Rant Off

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

The skill level of operations also dropped down a lot, I use to be able to get 4 to 5 stars easy with ships doing their assign role. But now I see slow BB going all over the map allowing Raptor to be sunk and CAs sinking within 3 mins from start, see many many DDs in the operation MM while it use to be CV, BB and CA.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

Sounds like the clump of BBs and CLs that followed my DD when I made a torp run, blocking me in, blocking my fish, getting me beaten up, and then TKing me with a ram. 

Sheesh.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,358
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

A non-trivial portion of the playerbase meets some/all of these:

  • Want the game to be all about brawls and think everyone should play that way
  • Don't know how basic strategy works
  • Are trying to accomplish missions
  • Get distracted midgame or has something in real life come up
  • Play alt tabbed until they realize the game starts
  • Disable chat/minimaps

 

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
54 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I swear every game on BOTH sides I am seeing players even in high tiers just suicide for no reason. Even costing teams games they were winning. Are players that unaware of what they are charging into? Do these folks even look at the minimap? I just do not get it. I look at the minimap and I think to myself what is going through this person head? Even when the team is letting them know it is a bad idea they still do it. It is almost like watching someone focused on their cell phone texting and then walking into a powerline pole or right into traffic. Sadly this has becoming more and more the norm.  

/Rant Off

Dockyard Directive missions - spotting, secondary hits and the like.  Everyone rushing to complete them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles
1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

I swear every game on BOTH sides I am seeing players even in high tiers just suicide for no reason. Even costing teams games they were winning.

Beggars belief sometimes doesn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles
12 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Dockyard Directive missions - spotting, secondary hits and the like.  Everyone rushing to complete them. 

Can't they do that in PvE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
4 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Can't they do that in PvE?

They can do it in both.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[D33P6]
Members
563 posts

I think the XVM or stat viewer is causing some of it.

I had a player openly admit that he didn't want to get reported for going afk so he decided to suicide.

A few occasions over the past couple of days, players thinking their team had zero chance of winning decided to drive straight into the enemy to get destroyed quickly.

 

I don't care if players use the mod.  My only problem is how they use it.  Using it as the deciding factor, immediately giving up, and suiciding are only looking for free wins and no challenge gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
337
[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
761 posts
6,203 battles

Welcome to the NA server!

The NA meta tends to see many ill-timed aggressive pushes. People want to play aggressive, but often can't recognize the proper time and place for it.  
This is different than the Asia server, where aggressive pushes are rare as they often get hard punished by players ready to dish out punishment. While NA may be often too aggressive, Asia is often too passive. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[META_]
Members
2,199 posts
7,309 battles
28 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Welcome to the NA server!

The NA meta tends to see many ill-timed aggressive pushes. People want to play aggressive, but often can't recognize the proper time and place for it.  
This is different than the Asia server, where aggressive pushes are rare as they often get hard punished by players ready to dish out punishment. While NA may be often too aggressive, Asia is often too passive. 

how do you deal a negative amount of damage? which stat service is that? i'm sure i have some abysmal ratings in some of my favorite ships... and basically play for the humiliation.

stay back and try to snipe, even in a zao, get ready for some serious crapin battle chat. charge in, even in a brawler like a kurfurst with full 2ndaries, you at least won't have time  to read the crap.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,708
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

A non-trivial portion of the playerbase meets some/all of these:

  • Want the game to be all about brawls and think everyone should play that way
  • Don't know how basic strategy works
  • Are trying to accomplish missions
  • Get distracted midgame or has something in real life come up
  • Play alt tabbed until they realize the game starts
  • Disable chat/minimaps

 

But most of the trivial base wont do anything but tool around out of range scared to get hit that's the problem .

They wont cap they wont fight and there scared to get hit . I haven't seen anyone brawl in months except my stupid butt and I'm part of the problem A on your list.

But I'm sick of losing every game where people wont fight or cap just tool around .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
7,486 battles

A lot of older players coming back from multi-year breaks cause of covid/etc - sometimes with 2016 or 17 being the last year they played a lot - don't realize they're trying to brawl like it was back then in the most lethal environment the game has had so far. Same goes for the newer players who just don't know.

7 minutes ago, clammboy said:

But most of the trivial base wont do anything but tool around out of range scared to get hit that's the problem .

They wont cap they wont fight and there scared to get hit . I haven't seen anyone brawl in months except my stupid butt and I'm part of the problem A on your list.

But I'm sick of losing every game where people wont fight or cap just tool around .

For me it's cause people get an advantage or at least even trade with the enemy team...and then advance into crossfires some red team players were coyly leading them into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,057 posts
4,376 battles

I admit, I'm usually one of those people who likes to suicide and go full aggro on a bunch of people

She's finally mine! - General Game Discussion - World of Warships ...

But it's always in this big hulk of awesome, and don't tell me that rushing three ships at once and coming out completely unscathed and with 100k damage isn't amazing.

:SerB:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[BLEP]
Members
543 posts
11,569 battles

I see it all the time and I just have to think they may be the box the rocks came in. You look at some of them and they have 20-25% survival rates in Battleships. Nothing you put in these forums is going to change them, and I would put money on the fact that most of them do not even read anything here anyways. I do understand your frustration on the matter though. 

Edited by Primal__Fear
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
337
[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
761 posts
6,203 battles
2 hours ago, Spud_butt said:

how do you deal a negative amount of damage? which stat service is that? i'm sure i have some abysmal ratings in some of my favorite ships... and basically play for the humiliation.

It's an edited picture I have from warships.today, the defunct predecessor to wows-numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[UN1]
Members
1,217 posts
3,657 battles
8 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I swear every game on BOTH sides I am seeing players even in high tiers just suicide for no reason. Even costing teams games they were winning. Are players that unaware of what they are charging into? Do these folks even look at the minimap? I just do not get it. I look at the minimap and I think to myself what is going through this person head? Even when the team is letting them know it is a bad idea they still do it. It is almost like watching someone focused on their cell phone texting and then walking into a powerline pole or right into traffic. Sadly this has becoming more and more the norm.  

/Rant Off

You see this a lot more when an event is going on where players have to finish directives.  In comes in the form of:

  • People playing ships they don't normally play, and thus, poorly.
  • Players queuing up games just to suicide.  It's an effortless way to finish directives.
  • Players who don't normally play the game returning for the event, and thus playing poorly 'cause they don't normally play the game.

For us regulars, it's very frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[VOP]
Members
600 posts
10 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I swear every game on BOTH sides I am seeing players even in high tiers just suicide for no reason. Even costing teams games they were winning. Are players that unaware of what they are charging into? Do these folks even look at the minimap? I just do not get it. I look at the minimap and I think to myself what is going through this person head? Even when the team is letting them know it is a bad idea they still do it. It is almost like watching someone focused on their cell phone texting and then walking into a powerline pole or right into traffic. Sadly this has becoming more and more the norm.  

/Rant Off

Maybe it was that guy from the other thread who was complaining matches lasted too long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,248 posts
19,595 battles
8 hours ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Welcome to the NA server!

The NA meta tends to see many ill-timed aggressive pushes. People want to play aggressive, but often can't recognize the proper time and place for it.  
This is different than the Asia server, where aggressive pushes are rare as they often get hard punished by players ready to dish out punishment. While NA may be often too aggressive, Asia is often too passive. 

Will give SEA a try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[OO7]
Members
545 posts
6,771 battles

I've been seeing this a lot too, most likely people suiciding to check off objectives.  Look at this battle last night, our t7 dd instead of sneaking into the cap, decides to go 1/4 speed in a straight line, and use only his front guns on an ibuki (2 tiers higher) until he was killed.  He didn't have camo or flags.

image.png

Edited by mixmkz
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[BLEP]
Members
543 posts
11,569 battles
10 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

I've been seeing this a lot too, most likely people suiciding to check off objectives.  Look at this battle last night, our t7 dd instead of sneaking into the cap, decides to go 1/4 speed in a straight line, and use only his front guns on an ibuki (2 tiers higher) until he was killed.  He didn't have camo or flags.

image.png

Yep, seeing a lot of this. :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[--O--]
Members
931 posts
10 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Sounds like the clump of BBs and CLs that followed my DD when I made a torp run, blocking me in, blocking my fish, getting me beaten up, and then TKing me with a ram. 

Sheesh.

 

^^^^^^^^^^This

9 hours ago, HeadSplit120 said:

I think the XVM or stat viewer is causing some of it.

I had a player openly admit that he didn't want to get reported for going afk so he decided to suicide.

A few occasions over the past couple of days, players thinking their team had zero chance of winning decided to drive straight into the enemy to get destroyed quickly.

 

I don't care if players use the mod.  My only problem is how they use it.  Using it as the deciding factor, immediately giving up, and suiciding are only looking for free wins and no challenge gameplay.

and this^^^^^^^^^^

Seeing both of these scenarios A LOT since the last update. Combined with directives is really hurting the game... But spread-sheeet says we like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
142 posts
12,964 battles

i call them COD [call of duty] players they like to run out spray n pray die respawn do it again, here they either move on to another match or hide in the back because no respawn. Seems to be a large portion of the player base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
58 posts
1,583 battles
1 hour ago, mixmkz said:

I've been seeing this a lot too, most likely people suiciding to check off objectives.  Look at this battle last night, our t7 dd instead of sneaking into the cap, decides to go 1/4 speed in a straight line, and use only his front guns on an ibuki (2 tiers higher) until he was killed.  He didn't have camo or flags.

image.png

Yep, he needs the main battery hits from a french DD for a directive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
33 minutes ago, Mawz77 said:

Yep, he needs the main battery hits from a french DD for a directive.

Actually surviving to keep firing almost always generates more hits than a YOLO charge that doesn't even use all the guns. 

So these idiots are just shooting themselves in the foot, along with sometimes making the battle miserable for other players. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×