You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rckrtns

seems cheating is back

37 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
1,948 battles

seen a few games either I died and it was strange, killed by a shot through a mountain  or 5 seconds later phantom torps . I watched a fee games after I dies and seen , ships disappear with no fog, no smoke,, I get ok maybe a few good shots , but not miss 1 , 2 moving targets 8 plus km apart? Sad they said it was banned, but not sure how someone folks say its talent , when no subs in game and torps appear, or get shot over a mountain , by a cruiser, not a little hill but a mountain, should be ways to report issues , and they can "review: video. want to play since fun, but will not spend money on extras when game is not controlled by some anti cheat, its pretty obvious if you play enough games, or when the area around a ship , looks warped and then you miss, seen that atleast a few times , and no its not a frame rate issue.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 3

[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles

Sounds like a latency issue, not an fps issue.

• Cool 6

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
57 minutes ago, rckrtns said:

seen a few games either I died and it was strange, killed by a shot through a mountain  or 5 seconds later phantom torps . I watched a fee games after I dies and seen , ships disappear with no fog, no smoke,, I get ok maybe a few good shots , but not miss 1 , 2 moving targets 8 plus km apart? Sad they said it was banned, but not sure how someone folks say its talent , when no subs in game and torps appear, or get shot over a mountain , by a cruiser, not a little hill but a mountain, should be ways to report issues , and they can "review: video. want to play since fun, but will not spend money on extras when game is not controlled by some anti cheat, its pretty obvious if you play enough games, or when the area around a ship , looks warped and then you miss, seen that atleast a few times , and no its not a frame rate issue.

Post a replay for us so we can see what you are talking about. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
10,703 posts
18,577 battles
19 minutes ago, rckrtns said:

The bar for proving a cheat is pretty high, if you dont provide a replay of your claims... Everything has a good explanation...

Next time. post the replay...

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles
3 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Dude looking at your stats I think this is more a player issue than anything..... 

you CANNOT say that S word here.

image.png.fc1bbcc7d8343e116cc8c41429dd13aa.png

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
293 posts
16,096 battles

I play a lot, at all tiers.  I have no earthly idea what you are talking about.  So far as anti cheat software:  wargaming does a lot of things, at least according to a lot of players, wrong.  They do handle cheating pretty well.  They know that actual cheating is the end of most video games.

they do a server restart every Monday, and there is a replay system.

going back to my days in tanks, wargaming would permaban cheaters, and they do get caught.

If you are positive that other players are cheating you should send the replay to wg and let them know.

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
293 posts
16,096 battles

I would be careful about posting a replay here for others to see, just in case there is a reasonable explanation, falsely accusing players in public isn’t cool.

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
37 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

you CANNOT say that S word here.

image.png.fc1bbcc7d8343e116cc8c41429dd13aa.png

I guess I am just on a tangent today. 

Edited by USMC2145

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Can't Radar go through islands ?

• Cool 1

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
1 minute ago, alex08060 said:

Can't Radar go through islands ?

Yep, also there is a trick using the map and back to norm quickly which lets you peek over and island/mnt so you can get an idea where their ship is so you can shoot it. But that ship has to be visable of course. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 2

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles
31 minutes ago, rckrtns said:

Some of the stuff you mention have other possible explanations than cheating:

• Phantom shells/torpedoes: I've seen them but they are rare, mostly rendering bugs, every time I've seen them such "ordenance" is not active (even if it hits me it doesn't "arm"). Also some CVs can make close drops, which might be easily mistaken with phantom torps.
  • Ships disappearing without smoke: Most likely its players that know how to use their concealment and go "dark", some ships (mostly DDs) can have concealment way lower than 8 km, so they can go stealth if no one else is close enough to detect them.
  • Torps appear without subs: Some DDs have very long range torps, and some players are good enough to go most (if not all) of the match undetected.
  • Shot over a mountain: Ballistics are different for different ships, for example USN Cruisers are particularly good at shooting over mountains due to their "semi-orbital" parabolic arcs; furthermore, the "spotter plane" gives the user a "birds eye" view, making it possible to make accurate shooting over mountains, even more, you can enable the "last known position" on the minimap, and there is a small circle on it that tells you where you are aiming, decent enough players can make "good guesses" as to the position on ships ... even if currently undetected.
  • "warped stuff" is likely a ping/latency issue (not necessarily your PC, or WG's servers, but any hop in between).

Now, I'm not saying what you witnessed isn't cheating, just that there are other possible explanations, it is hard to say without screenshots/replays. If you truly believe it is cheating (or a bug) you can submit a ticket to WG and send them the replay, if they find something they can correct it on a future update.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

Members
424 posts
24,043 battles
31 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

when the area around a ship , looks warped and then you miss, seen that atleast a few times , and no its not a frame rate issue.

i saw this ....warped is a close description but it was alot weirder... almost like a time warp actually affected my vision ..i really have no better words to describe ..maybe like the game became more round instead of flat ..im really lost for words ... i did post about a ship magiclay appearing and torping me  during ranked battles maybe a week or two ago ...but this phenomenon lasted a few hours ...i know what he saw with this part of his description  

[BNKR]
Members
1,625 posts
2,516 battles

Why is it cheating if someone sinks you? Cheating is the least likely explanation for your visit with Davey Jones. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

Sounds much more like latency than anything cheating related. 

Edited by Snarky_Wombat

Members
637 posts
891 battles
55 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Yep, also there is a trick using the map and back to norm quickly which lets you peek over and island/mnt so you can get an idea where their ship is so you can shoot it. But that ship has to be visable of course. 

And you can use the middle mouse button to do the same(or press down the scroll wheel)

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

I was in a coop game the other day, and one of the "players" was doing odd things that caught my eye in a BB, some of the behaviour was very bot like so I watched them for half the game, shooting at part sunk ship hulls, shooting at islands with no ships beyond them, literally almost every 30sec the ship was firing with its guns pointing what appeared to be the opposing direction average of the friendly ships around it, until such point a red ship was spotted, it would then move its guns to that target and fire, and even if the target was killed in the intervening time it would still fire at its last location unless a new target was at the mid turret slue point and would plot courses to targets to be at optimal defensive angle, in that respect it was like looking at a WoWs pro.

looking at their profile at the end of the match, it was quite telling, almost an identical ~1250 games each in coop and random battles, a 94% win rate in coop, a 43% win rate in random battles, an account just over 2 weeks old, the German and Japanese BB lines ground out to tier 10, a relatively similar number of battles at each tier in each line of BB indicative of grinding up the tiers, with the number of games at tier 9 looking like they had used accrued FXP from the tier 3 to 9 BB to get the tier 10 early, another thing that caught my eye, it had an average main gun accuracy of ~45%, not just as an average of all ships but for each and every ship it was >44% <46%, it then dawned on my why despite its perceivable accuracy at hitting targets why it would fire at sunk ships and island in order to hide it true accuracy and to encourage and red ships to expose their position by firing!

Now this doesn't mean there is a nefarious bot doing the rounds, as it could be nothing more than an academic test of machine learning using a platform (wows) that they have no direct control over.

• Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
2 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Why is it cheating if someone sinks you? Cheating is the least likely explanation for your visit with Davey Jones. 

Because when you are new, any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from cheating.

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,296 battles
16 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Post a replay for us so we can see what you are talking about. 

...and thus the immortal words that send OPs running to the hills.
No matter how many times you see someone claiming there is hacking or some kind of glitch or whatever, they never ever ever want to provide a replay to back themselves up.

It's almost like they expect us to take their word in this day and age........

16 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Pretty sure that trick has been corrected for.

• Meh 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
16 hours ago, rckrtns said:

A replay would be nice to verify these claims...

You know, so that others can see what is actually happening and make a more accurate assessment.

Members
3,759 posts
23,357 battles

The day someone provides a replay with their OP on a cheating claim I will probably have a heart attack.

• Cool 1

[P237B]
Members
166 posts
1,235 battles
17 hours ago, Spartias said:

Sounds like a latency issue, not an fps issue.

Nah, he's being killed by sharks with lasers.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,549 posts
13,910 battles
19 hours ago, rckrtns said:

To be honest, it sounds like you're having some server desync issues by the way you are explaining things, if you ever feel someone is suspicious, feel free to send me replays and I'll take a look.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

All the years i've played this i don't think i've ever seen something that isn't explained by either latency issues, old computers and skill.

It takes quite a bit of work to actively cheat on a game like this, and with constant patching its very uncommon.