You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Is Kuznetzov (sp?) getting nerfed?

45 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
820 posts
9,355 battles

I heard something like this on a twitch stream, that Kuznetzov was getting nerfed. I was planning to get him for coal, but will hold off if a nerf is coming. Anyone else heard this or is it unfounded rumory?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,160 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

A Kuznetov nerf is very possible, and a needed one.

How are they going to nerf him people paid 176,000 coal for a captain .

I doubt they nerf him . He might disappear but if they nerf him all hell will break out .

Edited by clammboy
  • Thanks 2

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,770 battles
21 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I heard something like this on a twitch stream, that Kuznetzov was getting nerfed. I was planning to get him for coal, but will hold off if a nerf is coming. Anyone else heard this or is it unfounded rumory?

I've heard nothing absolutely saying he'll be nerfed, but I do believe there was a rumor around reddit that his Will to Victory skill would only pop if you scored an achievement during the battle, but I'm not sure if that has much in the way of happening soon.

[O_O]
Members
6,436 posts
15,330 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

I doubt they nerf him . He might disappear but if they nerf him all hell will break out .

I am grinding coal for him now.  If something is OP, I MUST get it before the retirement happens!  :cap_haloween:

• Haha 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,160 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

I am grinding coal for him now.  If something is OP, I MUST get it before the retirement happens!  :cap_haloween:

Me too I'm at 171,000 coal maybe 3 days  .

[FAE]
Members
2,609 posts
3,593 battles

Does that mean Smolensk could be nerfed too cuz its gotten for Coal? 

(People will uproar for both of course) 

Its plain ridiculous how many new Soviet ships/objects should have never been released as is. 

They could nerf Kuznetzov and then offer a partial amount of coal refund. I think people would swallow that. 

Then again, non-Socviet bias side: Cunningham is probably a bit too easy to use. Thunderer and JB are pretty strong also for coal. 

• Boring 1

Members
291 posts
9 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

They have made it quite clear that any ship that hasn't been sold for actual money is completely open to being nerfed.  I can't see why this wouldn't extend to captains as well.

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
21 minutes ago, clammboy said:

coal is an ingame good so he can get nerfed. besides he needs a freaking nerf. that captain is just too strong. 

Edited by ghostbuster_

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,160 battles
8 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

They have made it quite clear that any ship that hasn't been sold for actual money is completely open to being nerfed.  I can't see why this wouldn't extend to captains as well.

Well maybe but maybe not . I have heard nothing about it but maybe you guys know something we don't . Tell you what it would be screwed up charging 176,000 coal for a captain not a ship but a captain to nerf him later . 

That's a steep price to pay and would really cause an uproar . Maybe they will remove him but how do you even nerf him without changing everything it's not like a ship .

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
16 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Its plain ridiculous how many new Soviet ships/objects should have never been released as is. 

They could nerf Kuznetzov and then offer a partial amount of coal refund. I think people would swallow that. 

Then again, non-Socviet bias side: Cunningham is probably a bit too easy to use. Thunderer and JB are pretty strong also for coal. 

Well they say Duke of York got nerfed by getting it's citadel raised, and after this past Ranked season I think it’s true and that’s like a direct armor nerf to a premium ship. WG called it an overall widespread mechanic change to RN BBs, but still should not have affected DOY because of its premium status. Which is not a good sign from WG as that means they are now capable of anything if they are violating one of their oldest game policies.

[KRAK]
Members
3,712 posts
21,726 battles
26 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Smolensk has been nerfed.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FEYZ]
Members
1 post
11,289 battles
58 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Is there a list of the new upcoming coal ships?  I thought they were coming end of June, is this correct?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,160 battles
16 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

coal is an ingame good so he can get nerfed. besides he needs a freaking nerf. that captain is just too strong. 

I love it everybody knows the rules now were did it say anything about a nerf to captains ever ? Where is this even coming from . I mean maybe he will I'm not pretending to know but I didn't see anything .

This is new territory you don't know that . How do you nerf a captain its not like a ship . 

Edited by clammboy

[ICBM]
Members
820 posts
9,355 battles
11 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I love it everybody knows the rules now were did it say anything about a nerf to captains ever ? Where is this even coming from . I mean maybe he will I'm not pretending to know but I didn't see anything .

This is new territory you don't know that . How do you nerf a captain its not like a ship . 

I heard they were going to take away the will to victory talent and replace it with something a little less OP. Like I said, was just talk on a twitch stream. If nobody else has seen/heard anything then I'm not going to worry about it. 

[FAE]
Members
2,609 posts
3,593 battles
36 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Smolensk has been nerfed.

source?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts

Switching Will to Victory to activate on an achievement instead of at an HP threshold would be both making the skill pointless (what if it fires off while you're barely or not damaged?), and a giant middle-finger to anyone using him for PVE.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,160 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Switching Will to Victory to activate on an achievement instead of at an HP threshold would be both making the skill pointless (what if it fires off while you're barely or not damaged?), and a giant middle-finger to anyone using him for PVE.

I don't have him but is that the rule you shouldn't bring anybody to good into PVE ?  

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,415 battles
1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

Quite the opposite, they are buffing him

The current Kutnetzov is the weakest special captain in the game, so they are changing 1 of his abilities (the will to victory ability) into something useful.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
38 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

source?

Smol had its upper belt reduced with the global IFHE armor change. It was never nerfed directly. No coal ship has been nerfed directly as far as im aware.

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
6 hours ago, clammboy said:

Things which can be bought by ingame good (credits, steel, coal, free xp, rb tokens) can be neefed since you dont have to pay real money to buy them. So, this captain can be received with coal. Coming to a conclusion shouldnt be that hard.

6 hours ago, clammboy said:

Well its simple. Nerf the heal. I would change the captain completely tho. To activate talent of other captains, we need to achieve something. Yamamato: get kraken, Halsey: get confederate. but this one? Just receive damage. This is just too easy. It would be activated even if you stayed afk. 

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Members
2,192 posts
8,057 battles

I'm still advocating for reverse-premiums. I will pay WG money to remove Kuznetzov and Smolensk.

[KRAK]
Members
3,712 posts
21,726 battles
9 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

source?

Armor changes?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts
4 hours ago, awildseaking said:

I'm still advocating for reverse-premiums. I will pay WG money to remove Kuznetzov and Smolensk.

You'd pay WG to remove a captain? 

[NKOTD]
Members
1,047 posts
9,757 battles
12 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

That sort of logic is completely arbitrary and asinine and it needs to stop.  Many of us actually have directly spent money on said coal, and that not withstanding, if I spend time doing something, I consider that AT LEAST as valuable as cash....probably more so. 

The elephant in the room is that past attempts to rectify over performing ships often have been handed with a heavy hand to say the least.  I have a lot a trouble understanding why nerfs have not taken the graduated a little here and a little there approach that many ship buffs have taken.

For example Atlanta and Flint got nerfed with the IFHE rework so to compensate a .1 sec reload of tried and then later another .1 sec was added.  In contrast, Henri, YY, and Khaba are still trying to find their way back after the nerf hammer....

• Sad 1
  • Boring 1