You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

Does WG ever do repeat events?

7 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hello,

I started playing (full time) around August of 2019 but played some of this game earlier on (pre CV rework).  I wish I started playing full time earlier because I missed some of the cool events.  One of them is the space event.  I was wondering does WG ever repeat these events or is it one and done?

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,727 battles

Hard to say. The goodies from said events are usually made available later. And sometimes the event is repeated, like in the case of Halloween or the hunt for Bismarck. But the april fools events haven't come back around yet, to my knowledge.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
4 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Hello,

I started playing (full time) around August of 2019 but played some of this game earlier on (pre CV rework).  I wish I started playing full time earlier because I missed some of the cool events.  One of them is the space event.  I was wondering does WG ever repeat these events or is it one and done?

Depends on the event.

Ranked seasons repeat all the time, as do clan battles. Space battles seem to have settled in as an annual thing. Ship release events are one-offs for the ship, but the type of event may be used for other ships. (See: Dockyard, Puerto Rico and Odin)

[--K--]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,806 posts
5,996 battles
11 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Hello,

Yes.

[BUOY]
Members
1,347 posts
16,893 battles

While they haven't ever 100% rerun any events, the current dockyard is the second time you can earn Graf Spee for free (first time was xmas 2016-17). And the Halloween scenarios have been rerun with a new scenario each year.

Really missing Spacepril Fools and other unique events like that, the current sub battles beta is just that, randoms with subs.

[NSC]
Members
2,350 posts
47 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Hello,

The space event occurred twice, so yes events can be repeated. Not sure who decides though. (Another repeating event is Dunkirk.)

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Yep, they repeated (to a degree) the Space event, Halloween event, Dunkirk with Saviors of Dunkirk https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/june-missions-2019/#greatest-battles , Bismark with Bismarck in Action https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/may-missions-2019/#bismarck-in-action , Ovechkin, Azure Lane, High School Fleet, etc.

What we haven't seen in a while are the "Bounty" events ... like Corgi, Pirates, Turkeys, Marauders, Maskarados (Mar 2019),  Pumpkin (Oct 2019), etc ... can we expect any of these in the future, Hapa? @Hapa_Fodder