You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
robert_lol

Colorado Crap

6 comments in this topic

[TWICE]
Members
6 posts
1,086 battles

Do you have any advice on playing the Colorado? The Colorado is way too slow to get into the fight, and when I get there, all the XP piñatas are gone.  I get some good games here and there with stupid broadside Iowa, I once got a game with 2607 base xp, but most games I either:

1. Get HE spammed to death 
  2. End up too far to actually hit something

If you have any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Members
595 posts
884 battles

Division with some other Standard BB's is all I can think of.

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles

Edited by Ace_04

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,098 posts
4,081 battles
32 minutes ago, robert_lol said:

Do you have any advice on playing the Colorado? The Colorado is way too slow to get into the fight, and when I get there, all the XP piñatas are gone.  I get some good games here and there with stupid broadside Iowa, I once got a game with 2607 base xp, but most games I either:

1. Get HE spammed to death 
  2. End up too far to actually hit something

If you have any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mate, you are the XP pinata...

Seriously though, the CO has some issues (mostly Russian BB issues). If you position incorrectly forget it, you're useless and way to slow to recover. So the key is to position wisely. Easier said than done. Try and find a central position that's not in the middle of everything. So the middle of B is bad. Next to an island a few km from B and C with the ability get out of dodge is good. Basically try and put yourself in a position to get good shots on the enemy, while at the same time not making yourself the primary target. This also means you need your team to be meatshi...I mean distract the enemy for you. The CO's strength is the guns and not much else, so get in position to use them. But make sure you can disengage quickly (and that takes doing at 21 knts). If you're fortunate to be in T5, you're fine, just roll with the team. T9, well... good luck. Your team decides suddenly they don't like your flank? Yeah you're going to be the distraction while they escape. HE cruiser decides it's time for you to die? Not a whole lot you can do. It's not easy. But by positioning well you can take advantage of opportunities. You really can't make these opportunities appear, but you can absolutely take advantage of you. People often underestimate the CO, but the guns hit like trucks, and if you don't respect that you will regret it. Sometimes that works to your advantage, that Iowa discounts you because lol CO, but you have the same guns he does. Less of them sure, and harder to get into position, but get your guns in position and you can do some serious damage (until the Musashi decides he's had enough of you at least).

• Cool 2

[Y0L0W]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,743 posts
5,504 battles
38 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Mate, you are the XP pinata...

Seriously though, the CO has some issues (mostly Russian BB issues). If you position incorrectly forget it, you're useless and way to slow to recover. So the key is to position wisely. Easier said than done. Try and find a central position that's not in the middle of everything. So the middle of B is bad. Next to an island a few km from B and C with the ability get out of dodge is good. Basically try and put yourself in a position to get good shots on the enemy, while at the same time not making yourself the primary target. This also means you need your team to be meatshi...I mean distract the enemy for you. The CO's strength is the guns and not much else, so get in position to use them. But make sure you can disengage quickly (and that takes doing at 21 knts). If you're fortunate to be in T5, you're fine, just roll with the team. T9, well... good luck. Your team decides suddenly they don't like your flank? Yeah you're going to be the distraction while they escape. HE cruiser decides it's time for you to die? Not a whole lot you can do. It's not easy. But by positioning well you can take advantage of opportunities. You really can't make these opportunities appear, but you can absolutely take advantage of you. People often underestimate the CO, but the guns hit like trucks, and if you don't respect that you will regret it. Sometimes that works to your advantage, that Iowa discounts you because lol CO, but you have the same guns he does. Less of them sure, and harder to get into position, but get your guns in position and you can do some serious damage (until the Musashi decides he's had enough of you at least).

Awesome advice.