You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Agir is the new Azuma?

106 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles

Edited, nevermind what i said, Agir is a good ship! It is highly recommended and gets a two thumbs up AND two toes up from me.... everyone PLEASEEEE go buy it!!  ;-)

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,843 battles

Never mind

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,230 posts
16,057 battles

Personally I like my Azuma, lol..... If you are not sure about a ship why not wait for a few weeks or month before buying her...... That way others absorb the learning curve of the ship..... Most CC videos  have them doing uncommonly high numbers in the said ship.... Maybe from playing games till they get a high game. But I try to wait till I see multiple games on YouTube from multiple players... Not poking, just what I try to do.... I have a ship I recently bought that I can't make work but that's my fault for not researching enough.. Happy hunting Captain 😎 

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles
9 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

Personally I like my Azuma, lol..... If you are not sure about a ship why not wait for a few weeks or month before buying her...... That way others absorb the learning curve of the ship..... Most CC videos  have them doing uncommonly high numbers in the said ship.... Maybe from playing games till they get a high game. But I try to wait till I see multiple games on YouTube from multiple players... Not poking, just what I try to do.... I have a ship I recently bought that I can't make work but that's my fault for not researching enough.. Happy hunting Captain 😎 

Yea that was my fault to rush and bought this pile of dog turd, should have wait for a while...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

Armor durability is about the same as Azuma

You lost all credibility when you said this.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You lost all credibility when you said this.

citadel city and get blapped by IOWA through the front many times, you ought to try it for yourself.  Azuma at least got decent HE.

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,458 posts
10,494 battles
29 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I like to learn more about your evaluation of the ship Azuma.
I have Commander Azuma from the Azur Lane event.  I'm hoping to assign her to *her* own ship, someday.

[WPORT]
Members
5,458 posts
10,494 battles

Wish i save the 1mil FXP and skip the Agir, any of you prefer this dog turd Agir over her long lost sister Azuma?  Armor durability is about the same as Azuma, trash guns, and the laughable torps that guaranteed to get you killed if you attempt to charge BB in this pile of turd.  feel like I got scammed by bait and switch snake-oil.

Thanks for your concise evaluation.

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks for your concise evaluation.

Need more people to buy this thing, hey maybe they'll really love Agir, i'm pretty sure they would.  LOL  :-)

• Thanks 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles

A lot of people hate the Kronshtadt but I absolutely love mine, it just clicked with me.  The Agir and Azuma...not so much.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,733 posts

When I see this kind of thread about a ship, it makes me wonder if I'd love it. 

See, Krasny Krym.

• Cool 2

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

When I see this kind of thread about a ship, it makes me wonder if I'd love it. 

See, Krasny Krym.

You never know till you try it, the Agir very well could be one of those ships that work out well for ya.   As i said previously I for one LOVES the Kronshtadt while many others despised it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,733 posts
7 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

You never know till you try it, the Agir very well could be one of those ships that work out well for ya.   As i said previously I for one LOVES the Kronshtadt while many others despised it.

I am waiting patiently for a certain review.

[META_]
Members
1,230 posts
16,057 battles
27 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I like to learn more about your evaluation of the ship Azuma.
I have Commander Azuma from the Azur Lane event.  I'm hoping to assign her to *her* own ship, someday.

I'll play it a few times tonight or tomorrow and post a video about my evaluation and how I play her..... Hope it helps..... I'll send you a message when I post it.. Happy hunting Captain 😎 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
53 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

citadel city and get blapped by IOWA through the front many times, you ought to try it for yourself.  Azuma at least got decent HE.

Look in the armor viewer at the armor differences between the two.

After that, look in the mirror and laugh at yourself for finding out how wrong you are.

To say Agir's armor is as bad as Azuma's, that's as wrong as you can get.

Trying to bow tank a Super Cruiser against a 406mm armed BB is also another Fail Tactic, showing a clear misunderstanding on the protection scheme of your Super Cruisers relative to the threat you're facing.

The more you speak the less credibility you have.

• Cool 3

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles
17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Look in the armor viewer at the armor differences between the two.

After that, look in the mirror and laugh at yourself for finding out how wrong you are.

To say Agir's armor is as bad as Azuma's, that's as wrong as you can get.

Trying to bow tank a Super Cruiser against a 406mm armed BB is also another Fail Tactic, showing a clear misunderstanding on the protection scheme of your Super Cruisers relative to the threat you're facing.

The more you speak the less credibility you have.

I hope you're kidding.  So you judge a ship based on the written tech specs instead of playing it in game? What next....you are going to tell me to compare the Survivability Rating between different cruisers?  LOL

Super cruisers like Kronshtadt and Alaska, not only have i bow tank BB with 406mm, I even charge and brawl at Yamato and Musashi 460mm and came out on top many times, don't tell me super cruisers can't bow tank BB, that's some straw man thinking you got there....be talking about these super cruisers can't bow tank BB, Stalingrad also would like to have a word with you.  

based on that lame response of yours alone....yea you sure got massive credibility right there alright! How much are you selling your credibility for, per pound?  lol  Speaking of looking at the mirror, when was the last time you looked at yourself and read out loud on this comment you made?   Nice jokes you got there, sure got some good entertainment value.

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,928 posts
8,006 battles

Agir is one of the toughest cruisers in the game. If you’re really potatoing that hard with her then you don’t seem to understand how to play the class. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,655 posts
9,465 battles
8 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Super cruisers like Kronshtadt and Alaska, not only have i bow tank BB with 406mm, I even charge and brawl at Yamato and Musashi 460mm and came out on top many times, don't tell me super cruisers can't bow tank BB, that's some straw man thinking you got there....be talking about these super cruisers can't bow tank BB, Stalingrad also would like to have a word with you.  

This makes no sense. 406mm AP overmatches (i.e always pens) 25mm and 27mm plating. This is a fundamental game mechanic. Cruisers, including supercruisers, can bounce 406mm AP, but only on their 30mm or greater sections (i.e. their belts and center decks if the shells strike at a low enough angle, or their turrets). Stalingrad and Moskva can bow tank these shells because they both have 50mm plating in certain areas.

Edited by Nevermore135

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,044 battles
24 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Agir is one of the toughest cruisers in the game. If you’re really potatoing that hard with her then you don’t seem to understand how to play the class. 

Looking at your Agir and Kronshtadt, obviously you did great in both of them and know more about playing super cruisers than I do.  

Edited by Xcalib3r

Members
291 posts
9 battles
2 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

Armor durability is about the same as Azuma

:Smile_unsure:

Ah, no.

The armour of those two ships couldn't be much different.  Agir is superbly protected for a cruiser, and is basically a battleships in all respects save the main belt being a bit thinner and the 27mm instead of 32mm bow and stern armour.

citadel city and get blapped by IOWA through the front many times, you ought to try it for yourself.

You will only be taking citadels through the front if you are sitting bow on.  This is a bad idea in any ship that isn't Yammy or a Russian BB.  You should have about 20° of angle if you end up in a position where you are bow in.  If you're in this position and it isn't because you are pushing up to brawl, then you've stuffed up - Agir is a fast mobile cruiser, it should be constantly moving, and if you feel the need to stop, it should be angled away shooting over the stern quarter, ready to kite away as needed.

2 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

and the laughable torps that guaranteed to get you killed if you attempt to charge BB in this pile of turd

There's no reason why you can't win a direct 1v1 against a BB in Agir if you're able to close up into brawling range - she has all the tools you need.  What will get you killed though, is pushing up at the wrong time and exposing yourself to multiple enemy ships.  You need to pick the right time to brawl - she is still a cruiser, even if an incredibly well protected one.

Members
6,621 posts
20,629 battles
5 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

This is your Agir and Kronshtadt, obviously you did great in the Agirl and know more about playing super cruiser than I do. 

SkaerKrow.JPG

delete that real quick. I get your rage, but delete it. the name and shame hammer is coming

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,770 battles
12 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

uper cruisers like Kronshtadt and Alaska, not only have i bow tank BB with 406mm, I even charge and brawl at Yamato and Musashi 460mm and came out on top many times

I'm willing to bet the only way this happened is...

1: somehow those shots hit Alaska's 36mm deck, or bounced off the belt

2: Yamasushis gave full broadside to cruisers with high pen guns, wiffed their salvoes, then died to a boatload of citadels.