Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

Russian BB split

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

798
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
925 posts
10,156 battles

A streamer reported new Russian BBs recently, and I want to know, is this a true Russian tech tree BB split, or are these premiums like Massachusettes, Georgia, and Ohio? Is there any confirmation?

Also want to go on record that if this is a tech tree split, and is the next line after German CV, then the Russian Bias is going wayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo far!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously we haven't even gotten Italian BBs yet, and the Russian BB line we have is almost all paper, save Gangut. Seriously, the Germans got closer to their CVs than this, and it is insulting to every other nation that plays this game that not only do Russian ships tend to be OP, but they are getting way more than their fair share. Two line splits for the same nation in the same year is too much! 

The most frustrating part is that your countrymen, the ones you are doing this for, really don't seem to care. You actually are growing or have stable numbers on Europe, SEA, and NA servers, meanwhile the CIS server is crashing in active numbers, and if these new cruisers don't fix that, nothing is going to fix it. Eventually, if you keep this up, it will end up hurting the other regions.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
120 posts
5,012 battles

If Russia gets a bb split before the USN, I'll uninstall.

If the streamer you were talking about is zoup, then I'm pretty sure he just ment they were new premiums, not tech tree. An indicator of this may be the new t9 Russian bb, which is identical to sov. Soyuz in almost every way, making it a bad idea for a tech tree ship.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
416
[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

To my knowledge there is no official confirmation on RU BB split. Most likely it was/is an estimated guess due to the fact that there are a couple RU BBs being tested, which could very well end up being premium/special ships rather than tech tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,071 posts
15,906 battles
23 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

If Russia gets a bb split before the USN, I'll uninstall.

If the streamer you were talking about is zoup, then I'm pretty sure he just ment they were new premiums, not tech tree. An indicator of this may be the new t9 Russian bb, which is identical to sov. Soyuz in almost every way, making it a bad idea for a tech tree ship.

I heard that the new Russian BBs will have 18 inch guns with 10 second reload  along with GPS and Cruise missiles. When developers were asked about bias they no longer understood English and had to leave. 

*** Note, I cannot verify the authenticity of this story. I heard it from a friend who heard it from their cat. 

  • Funny 4
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[PVE]
Members
442 posts
17,704 battles

I just scratch my head sometimes on some of WOWS decision making...

Where are the Commonwealth tech tree ships??

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[LRM]
Beta Testers
532 posts
8,188 battles

If it is Zoup’s video being referenced, then everyone should tread lightly. I had to listen to it a couple times, and popped two ibuprofen. Apparently he thought the Soviet battleship split consisted of the Italian tier 8 battleship Impero, that Soyuz clone, and Slava.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
697
[UFFA]
Members
2,110 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, HawaiiJon said:

If it is Zoup’s video being referenced, then everyone should tread lightly. I had to listen to it a couple times, and popped two ibuprofen. Apparently he thought the Soviet battleship split consisted of the Italian tier 8 battleship Impero, that Soyuz clone, and Slava.

Which is odd considering LWM provided hints that Impero might possibly be an AL Littorio colab ship. I’m sure someone will come in with some counter statement so I will just toss out a preemptive boh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,181
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,913 posts
11,590 battles

theres been no talk of a Russian BB split, Zoup didnt know what he was saying, both the T9 and T10 ships are probably going to be premium/special ships that just happen to be 1 tier apart, if there was ever going to be a BB split in this game, the US tree would be the first one getting it more than likely

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,837 battles

there is only the tier 9 soyuz premium of which is really bad and the slava which has been frozen for a long time now, both to my knowledge are just premiums. I would expect the slava to be research bureau.

The whole russian bias garbage has gone on long enough now dont you think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,986
[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
13 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I heard it from a friend who heard it from their cat. 

That wouldn't be the cat in your avatar, would it? :cat_cool:

14 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

A streamer reported new Russian BBs recently, and I want to know, is this a true Russian tech tree BB split,

My money is on "nope". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
799
[WOLFC]
Members
1,649 posts
9,465 battles
12 hours ago, Sparviero said:

Which is odd considering LWM provided hints that Impero might possibly be an AL Littorio colab ship. I’m sure someone will come in with some counter statement so I will just toss out a preemptive boh.

A while back WG accidentally sent out an email to some players that was only intended to go to their testers and CCs. Naturally, this was then published on the forums (they didn’t sign an NDA, after all). The ship was listed as “Imperio (AL Littorio),” so this is pretty much confirmed.

Here’s the relevant thread: 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
697
[UFFA]
Members
2,110 posts
75 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

A while back WG accidentally sent out an email to some players that was only intended to go to their testers and CCs. Naturally, this was then published on the forums (they didn’t sign an NDA, after all). The ship was listed as “Imperio (AL Littorio),” so this is pretty much confirmed.

Here’s the relevant thread: 

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,071 posts
15,906 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That wouldn't be the cat in your avatar, would it? :cat_cool:

My avatar is a cat? I better look into that.... 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,071 posts
15,906 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That wouldn't be the cat in your avatar, would it? :cat_cool:

"It featured four furry, mascot-sized members of a fictional rock band called the Banana Splits — Fleegle the beagle, Bingo the ape, Drooper the lion and Snorky the elephant — who sang silly songs and took goofy trips to amusement parks."

Well, there ya go. My avatar is a lion which is in fact a cat!

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[-RNG-]
Members
57 posts
7,061 battles

I think Slava was originally proposed as a split after Soyuz.  Now it's more likely to be a premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,498
[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts
23 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

A streamer reported new Russian BBs recently, and I want to know, is this a true Russian tech tree BB split, or are these premiums like Massachusettes, Georgia, and Ohio? Is there any confirmation?

Also want to go on record that if this is a tech tree split, and is the next line after German CV, then the Russian Bias is going wayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo far!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously we haven't even gotten Italian BBs yet, and the Russian BB line we have is almost all paper, save Gangut. Seriously, the Germans got closer to their CVs than this, and it is insulting to every other nation that plays this game that not only do Russian ships tend to be OP, but they are getting way more than their fair share. Two line splits for the same nation in the same year is too much! 

The most frustrating part is that your countrymen, the ones you are doing this for, really don't seem to care. You actually are growing or have stable numbers on Europe, SEA, and NA servers, meanwhile the CIS server is crashing in active numbers, and if these new cruisers don't fix that, nothing is going to fix it. Eventually, if you keep this up, it will end up hurting the other regions.

It's an arcade game...why anyone gets their shorts twisted over their choices for ships is beyond me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×