You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

Battle Report: Siegfried - "Battleship Bully"

17 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,668 posts
12,382 battles

Tier IX German (battle)cruiser Siegfried is the first ship I ever spent Research Points on.  I've been feeling pretty good about my investment.

Edited by SeaRaptor

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

Looks like a fun ship. 

So of course they put it in RB. 

I noticed you didn't switch to HE when hunting the Jutland at the end. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles

So @SeaRaptor, does this confirm the notion that Siegfried is better than Agir?

[USCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
286 posts
20,885 battles

I have both and play only coop .Sieg. guns are great its sniper little like Georgia.Aigr was waisted free exp.

Members
100 posts
8,972 battles

Nice! I picked it up the other day and have only played one battle in it, in which I got myself into a horrible position, got crossfired, and absolutely destroyed.  My own fault and not a fair evaluation of the ship, can't wait to play her more and learn how to make her work!

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,733 posts
11,719 battles

Of course, 381s turn Seigfried into a turtleback Iowa hiding in a cruiser slot in t7 battles. A cruiser that shoves in the noses of t7 battleships and can torp DDs and cruisers in the face??? WG missed their biggest potential sale when they made Seigfried RB. Because it took me over a year to get my last t10, there is no way I'm going to set aside 4 of my favorite lines and cut myself out of Clan Battles just to play a premium.

Seigfried should have been FXP or tech tree.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,874 battles

Is it better than ohio or alaska? For me to even consider going rb the ship would have to be undeniably op. Seems like nevsky tech tree tier 10 sov is better, has 12 km radar, torps, usn ap etc etc. why spend on seigfried?

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,378 posts
9,711 battles

I want Siegfried.  But I don't want it enough to suffer through the RB grind yet again.  I truly do loathe that entire system.

• Cool 4

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,006 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I have both and the Siegfried is indeed better than the dog turd Agir, but it is still not as good as the Alaska IMO. The armor isn't as durable, staying midrange even angling at about 10-degree mine still get citadel by USN 406mm quite often, this seems to be more of a long-range sniper to harass and delete broadside cruisers, feels like a one-trick pony and nowhere near as versatile as Alaska.  As with any other ships in game, under the right circumstances and when being played by a good player, just about any ships could do well.

[WOLF9]
Members
648 posts
18,812 battles

I really wanted to get either the Aegir or the Siegfried, but I guess I will never get either.  The Aegir is sounding like it just isn't worth the cost, and the Siegfried is out of my reach.  I just started my first line regrind, and I only did it for the UUs.  Hoping the Ludendorff / Pommern isn't going to be a bust.

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,006 battles
6 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I really wanted to get either the Aegir or the Siegfried, but I guess I will never get either.  The Aegir is sounding like it just isn't worth the cost, and the Siegfried is out of my reach.  I just started my first line regrind, and I only did it for the UUs.  Hoping the Ludendorff / Pommern isn't going to be a bust.

Personally, if i could just get back half of what i spent, i would gladly sell both of Agir and Siegfried back to WG.  Hell, I'll be glad to get 1/3 back.  lol

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,686 battles
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

The armor isn't as durable, staying midrange even angling at about 10-degree mine still get citadel by USN 406mm quite often,

What cruiser are you playing where a 10 degree angle does anything against high tier BB AP?

[PMWC1]
Members
166 posts
5,295 battles

If you plan it correctly Siegfried isn’t a ton more cost/work then Agir.

Reset a DD line like Harugumo with a x2 RP bonus, then use 700,000k free xp to get the tier X back.  Do a second reset after the x2 RP bonus resets, then either free xp the line again or grind it.  1.4 mil free xp with no regrind.  This assumes you still have the initial 10k RPs from unlocking your 5th tier X.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,291 battles
8 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I have both, so far I'm doing a bit better in the Agir. They are both interesting ships.

[-K-]
2,668 posts
12,382 battles
18 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I noticed you didn't switch to HE when hunting the Jutland at the end. 

I have trained myself not to bother firing German battleship HE, though there are a few cases that might call for it.

18 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

This is probably a matter of preference.  I prefer Siegfried, because I find her main battery more useful.  She plays more like a battleship when firing the guns; Ägir plays a bit more like a cruiser and will find herself swapping between ammo.  I typically don't do this with Siegfried (as mentioned above).

14 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Is it better than ohio or alaska? For me to even consider going rb the ship would have to be undeniably op. Seems like nevsky tech tree tier 10 sov is better, has 12 km radar, torps, usn ap etc etc. why spend on seigfried?

For me, this ship is better than Alaska.  That's not a put down of Alaska, and more a commentary on the kinds of ships I enjoy playing.  I've long lamented the lack of torpedoes on American heavy cruisers, and Alaska suffers from this as well despite being an excellent ship.  

Is Siegfried "better" than Ohio?  I dunno, I feel like the comparison is starting to get a bit unfair here.  The only two things these ships have in common is that they're sold for Research Points.  

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,291 battles
15 minutes ago, SeaRaptor said:

I have trained myself not to bother firing German battleship HE, though there are a few cases that might call for it. This is probably a matter of preference.  I prefer Siegfried, because I find her main battery more useful.  She plays more like a battleship when firing the guns; Ägir plays a bit more like a cruiser and will find herself swapping between ammo.  I typically don't do this with Siegfried (as mentioned above).

The Sieg's HE is pretty bad, and the AP is so potent - I almost never switch off of AP with her. As to Agir, I definitely swap between the two. 

13 hours ago, kyesac said:

I really wanted to get either the Aegir or the Siegfried, but I guess I will never get either.  The Aegir is sounding like it just isn't worth the cost, and the Siegfried is out of my reach. 

10 hours ago, DM31 said:

If you plan it correctly Siegfried isn’t a ton more cost/work then Agir. Reset a DD line like Harugumo with a x2 RP bonus...

@kyesac, @DM31 is quite right. Though I was totally opposed to the RB originally, the 2x line resets and doing a DD line that you like has worked well for me. I have reset the UK DD line 4 times now (did the US BB one once,) and I use FXP to get up to T5 fast, then use it to get out of stock ship hell each time. I like the UK line because they high # of smoke makes them pretty resilient against endless CV hounding. With my RB points, I didn't get the Ohio or the Colbert b/c I wasn't interested in the play style, but have been happy with the Sieg.

I used 12.5K of my RB points to get 250,000 fxp too, so I could get the Agir as well - and I'm very happy with that too. Actually enjoying it more than the Sieg currently, and having more success as well. 

13 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

I have both and the Siegfried is indeed better than the dog turd Agir, but it is still not as good as the Alaska IMO. 

I have all 3 as well, and I love the Alaska, she's a great support ship with the radar... but I'm having fun learning the Sieg & Agir as well. I find them both to be VERY tanky if you keep your broadside safe. I'm disappointed with how poor the secondary angles are on the Sieg, but to call the Agir a dog turd? Hrmpf, I don't agree with that at all.

20200614094614_1.thumb.jpg.cb8253f3db0e8f1d1fbbfe2a84c479df.jpg

• Cool 1

[-K-]
2,668 posts
12,382 battles
11 minutes ago, TheArc said:

and I use FXP to get up to T5 fast, then use it to get out of stock ship hell each time.

This is exactly my strategy for re-grinding lines.  I don't waste my time in the low tier ships and FXP up to T5, then use FXP to skip the (usually painful) stock hull experience.  While grinding, I stack the hell out of econ flags and camos (and premium time) to minimize the number of games it takes.  If I play well enough, I can rack up 10-15k XP even on a loss.  

• Cool 1