You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Ship Detectability is either broken or dishonesty?

36 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

Another no doubt report.  In a game with my Jag.. Green ships out infront of me and to the sides spotting everything very clearly. I started getting hit turned the Jag and hit speed boost, quit shooting saw my detectability circle shrink well out of sight of red ships now and kept heading south bobbing and weaving BUT the shells just kept coming well after any already launched shell were in the air from when i was spotted.. and they did not stop coming till i was sunk.  Absolutly no doubt in my mind detectabilty is broken or we have dishonesty going on.  Im not pointing anyone out or anything but I would say 2 of them where doing it.  If WoW wants to look up my last battle with the Jaguar and go figure it out..  

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[SALVO]
Members
4,473 posts
3,825 battles
6 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Another no doubt report.  In a game with my Jag.. Green ships out infront of me and to the sides spotting everything very clearly. I started getting hit turned the Jag and hit speed boost, quit shooting saw my detectability circle shrink well out of sight of red ships now and kept heading south bobbing and weaving BUT the shells just kept coming well after any already launched shell were in the air from when i was spotted.. and they did not stop coming till i was sunk.  Absolutly no doubt in my mind detectabilty is broken or we have dishonesty going on.  Im not pointing anyone out or anything but I would say 2 of them where doing it.  If WoW wants to look up my last battle with the Jaguar and go figure it out..  

Were you undetected or detected?

You might had been spotted by another DD, Jaguar has an awful concealment and is easy to stalk

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,792 posts
7,201 battles
13 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Too  much missing information here.

What game mode was this (Submarine mode, Random, ect)?  Were you still getting the detection notification after your gun bloom time had passed?  Were there any enemy ships (particularly DDs and Subs) that were not accounted for in their positions?  Were there CVs with aircraft up?  Were there any T7 ships with Radar in the game?  

Most likely is another DD (or sub) with greater concealment keeping you spotted, or aircraft.  Check your replay to see if you can determine this.

Edited by Jakob_Knight

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

The detectabilty is not that bad and I was not on fire and like i wrote I was able to see exactly what ships were there and DD were accounted for, the match just started.  The detectabilty is broken or we have dishonesty.  Lots of people saying the same thing and I just posted another no doubt about it report.  Not about to keep posting here im simply posting another report of it and WoW can look into if if they want or not.

It was random 

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,782 posts
21,559 battles

A replay would help us determine what happened.

What were the red DD? My guess is you were stalked by a stealthier DD.

• Cool 2

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,792 posts
7,201 battles
3 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

The detectabilty is not that bad and I was not on fire and like i wrote I was able to see exactly what ships were there, the match just started.  The detectabilty is broken or we have dishonesty.  Lots of people saying the same thing and I just posted another no doubt about it report.

It was random 

7.2 KM is bad when you have equal-tier ships that can drop to 5.4km detectability.  What about CV planes...any in the battle that might have been spotting you?  

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

I already said the DD's were accounted for and outside my Det range they were all detected by ships on my team and NO carriers.  Why do all u guys continue to support there is no way of this with all the reports of it lately... with the guys telling everyone there is a cheat out there that does this.. why do u keep saying no no no?

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[MHG]
Members
229 posts
16,919 battles

Your last game you say? Please be considerate enough to upload a replay, one might be able to give insight based on what we see. I cannot count the number of times someone was given proper information after uploading a replay to the forum. 

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
549 posts
6,771 battles

I think your understanding of detection is broken, just post your replay here or a screen shot saying after you were "dark" and we can tell you what you misunderstood.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,621 posts
9,759 battles

Many players will continue to fire in the general direction of travel of a ship that dropped detectability, particularly if it's a badly damaged DD.  

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,792 posts
7,201 battles
16 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I already said the DD's were accounted for and outside my Det range they were all detected by ships on my team and NO carriers.  Why do all u guys continue to support there is no way of this with all the reports of it lately... with the guys telling everyone there is a cheat out there that does this.. why do u keep saying no no no?

First off, you did not say all enemy ships were accounted for. You said your team had enemy units spotted. Those are two very different things, and need to be stated to eliminate possibilities. This is especially true when a DD is someplace it normally is never at (behind all other ships of their team), which indicates something unusual in the situation in and of itself.

Second off, I have seen no other reports of this, so the claim you can't be wrong because others have made claims some of us haven't seen is beside the point. Many people throughout the life of the game have complained about being spotted impossibly and been proven to have made a mistake, after all.

Lastly, a claim that cheating is going on requires more than just a claim. All avenues of investigation and explanation have to be checked and documented correctly (which you did not do, and have only provided through our questions). Even then, the forums are not a place where cheats are discussed, so we're just trying to help you determine if it really was cheating before you take this to WG.

That was why you posted in here, wasn't it?

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,130 posts
4,088 battles

Replay will tell us for sure. Other than that we're going to assume there was something in your detection radius.

Also, even WG can't "look up" you last battle. That info is only stored on your computer so if you want anyone to take a look you have to post the replay. Or at very least relevant screenshots.

[INTEL]
Members
1,774 posts
15,715 battles
24 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

why do you want WG to go look at your last Jag battle? Just post the replay, its not hard to figure out. If we see something strange it will get reported. Nothing hard about that.

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts
9 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Second off, I have seen no other reports of this, so the claim you can't be wrong because others have made claims some of us haven't seen is beside the point. Many people throughout the life of the game have complained about being spotted impossibly and been proven to have made a mistake, after all.

B4 u make a false claim like this u should read past recent posts.   There is a whole group a posters here that really dont help people, they give bad build advice, tell people wrong things ect ect.. u seem to be one of them.  Look back and read dont just think what u think is right.   I posted what I posted because I felt there was no doubt a reason to post what I posted.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts
2 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

why do you want WG to go look at your last Jag battle? Just post the replay, its not hard to figure out. If we see something strange it will get reported. Nothing hard about that.

No i dont post my replays to u people.  Ur nobodys that most give false info to people and tell them to git gud, put lousy reactions and are mostly neg nellies.  but thanks for ur response.. flush

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
278 posts
6,161 battles
8 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

B4 u make a false claim like this u should read past recent posts.   There is a whole group a posters here that really dont help people, they give bad build advice, tell people wrong things ect ect.. u seem to be one of them.  Look back and read dont just think what u think is right.   I posted what I posted because I felt there was no doubt a reason to post what I posted.

I think you need to realize you have a group of players questioning what was going on to help you figure it out.   There were "unanswered" questions that they needed to help fill in the blanks.  For example, it was asked what game mode this was (random, co-op, submarine) and I haven't seen the response on that... the reason that question is asked is that you may have had a sub detecting you if you were in that game mode and you wouldn't have seen it...

The burden of proof requires more evidence... you posted here about an issue you've seen... and the community is attempting to understand and figure it out.  If you didn't want help from the community and don't want to post the replay here then my suggestion is to submit the replay to WG directly through a ticket and let them review it.  

Do not bash the community that is trying to figure out what you are describing and is asking for more details.  No one has been uncivil, they've just been asking questions.  Again, if you don't want help from the community, don't post it on the forums.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts
1 minute ago, DEWEY_96_ said:

I think you need to realize you have a group of players questioning what was going on to help you figure it out.   There were "unanswered" questions that they needed to help fill in the blanks.  For example, it was asked what game mode this was (random, co-op, submarine) and I haven't seen the response on that... the reason that question is asked is that you may have had a sub detecting you if you were in that game mode and you wouldn't have seen it...

Another one who flaps his fingers without reading....  read the post the answer is there.  no im not gonna repost it read the post and dont just be so negative twards people. nellie

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,899 posts
17,945 battles

To get help here, you really need to post a replay.  Otherwise, we're all just farting in the wind.  Can't help diagnose a problem without the necessary data (i.e., replay).

If you are still convinced there is a problem, and you don't want to show a replay, then submit a ticket to WG with a replay.  Let them work it.  But we really can't help much.

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
278 posts
6,161 battles
Just now, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Another one who flaps his fingers without reading....  read the post the answer is there.  no im not gonna repost it read the post and dont just be so negative twards people. nellie

1 hour ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I do not see in your original post where you stated the game type.  "Spotting everything clearly" can be interpreted a lot of different ways as well... I see in your posts after your OP that you stated all ships were spotted, so that question was answered... 

May I ask, why are you being so defensive about community members trying to figure out what was going on.  You've brought up a topic about possible spotting issues... you have community members now interested and asking questions to figure it out... yet you've gotten defensive to the point of name calling (bolded below)

12 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

No i dont post my replays to u people.  Ur nobodys that most give false info to people and tell them to git gud, put lousy reactions and are mostly neg nellies.  but thanks for ur response.. flush

Again, if this is something you don't want to get input from the Forum members, please submit a ticket with the replay to WG and let them investigate it.  

• Boring 1

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts
3 minutes ago, DEWEY_96_ said:

I do not see in your original post where you stated the game type.  "Spotting everything clearly" can be interpreted a lot of different ways as well... I see in your posts after your OP that you stated all ships were spotted, so that question was answered... 

May I ask, why are you being so defensive about community members trying to figure out what was going on.  You've brought up a topic about possible spotting issues... you have community members now interested and asking questions to figure it out... yet you've gotten defensive to the point of name calling (bolded below)

Again, if this is something you don't want to get input from the Forum members, please submit a ticket with the replay to WG and let them investigate it.  

yet u keep badgering READ the posts a poster asked and it was answered READ before u flap and post a neg post twards me.  WTH    and NO i wont post a replay not letting these hackers anyplace near my pc files.  

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
1 minute ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

yet u keep badgering READ the posts a poster asked and it was answered READ before u flap and post a neg post twards me.  WTH

So you don't want to listen to anything anyone says and have predetermined the outcome before you hit submit. So why did you even bother hitting the submit button? 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,568 posts
11,184 battles

Well at least your not complaining about the Roma anymore !!

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,792 posts
7,201 battles
16 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I said I had not seen the reports you claim are out there. You claim my statement was false, then accuse me of being someone who is trying to mislead the community ( and you don't even have the decency to put in the effort to use full words to do it ).

I have taken you seriously and put in a serious and honest effort to help you get to the bottom of this. So have others. All you have responded with is accusations and refusals to listen. I apologize for taking you seriously when it is clear you are irrational and only interested in venting and having people agree with you regardless of what the truth may be.

I will let you sit in your own inability to accept help from this point forwards. There is nothing more pointless than trying to reason with the unreasonable.

Good day, sir.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Well at least your not complaining about the Roma anymore !!

lol ya bc it sits in the dock  haha  it wasnt really complaining all of it just that it cant be used in Navals and the secondays stink..  other then that I like it

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Meh 1

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles

Tell you what, I believe you, it obviously has to be cheaters, no other explanation. But not everyone here would believe you. So post the replay and I'll help you prove everyone wrong and that it is blatant and obvious cheating. 

• Haha 1