You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Boss_007

I can't believe it

15 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
1,631 battles

I can't believe that I can actually post something in here now.  I'm happy as a fart.  I do have several questions, but I'm going to start with something simple and work my way up.  First question:  I currently using a machine that might of been used for CAD.  It's not suppose to have a NVME drive, but I'm been able to get one to work in here.  The CPU is a I7-3770 processor (if you look up the processor you'll see it's like 7 years old) with 16 GB of ram.  My graphics card is a GTX 1650 with 6 GB of ram.  When I'm playing, I've noticed that when I zoom into a target, my circle doesn't change color to green, until I zoom out and then back in.  Could it be, my processor or my MB?  Second question:  I've only been play world of warship for about a month, and I really like the game as it keeps me out of the wife's hair about the TV.   So how does one earn more points in this game?  It seems like it takes forever to get to the next level of ships.  Is this normal, and if so, how long does it take a person to get to Level 10?  And now the last question.  What is it about this distribution?  It seems like this game is power huger to eat up all your gold coins (I forgot the name of the actual gold).  Fourth Question and last one.  Which piece of hardware would one purchase to make this game go faster, even tho, I've ran their test on my machine and it passes.

Thank you.

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
959 posts
4,568 battles

First welcome around.

As for your questions:

1) I’m not sure what do you mean by the circle going green?, do you mean the gun sight going green?, in which case it might just be that you are aiming somewhere and your turrets/guns are still moving.

2) About earning points there are several ways, doing damage, killing enemies, capping bases/control points, etc. the more you do the more points you earn. Also, some signals and camouflages can increase your XP/credits income.

3) Don’t worry about getting to level 10, take your time and enjoy the ride; most people that rush to tier 10 find their game experience degraded because they didn’t take their time to learn the depths of game mechanics and as a result they are Vastly outfought by veterans.

4) I think your hardware should be good enough, but there is always run for improvement of course.

There is also premium time and ships and lots of stuff, but I’ll advice first to get your feet “wet” before recommending spending money.

The above is of course a too simple approach to the responses you seek, but there is time, lots of people here will help.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
38 minutes ago, The_Boss_007 said:

I can't believe that I can actually post something in here now.  I'm happy as a fart.  I do have several questions, but I'm going to start with something simple and work my way up.

First question:  I currently using a machine that might of been used for CAD.  It's not suppose to have a NVME drive, but I'm been able to get one to work in here. 

The CPU is a I7-3770 processor (if you look up the processor you'll see it's like 7 years old) with 16 GB of ram. 

My graphics card is a GTX 1650 with 6 GB of ram.  When I'm playing, I've noticed that when I zoom into a target, my circle doesn't change color to green, until I zoom out and then back in.  Could it be, my processor or my MB? 

Second question:  I've only been play world of warship for about a month, and I really like the game as it keeps me out of the wife's hair about the TV. 

So how does one earn more points in this game?  It seems like it takes forever to get to the next level of ships.  Is this normal, and if so, how long does it take a person to get to Level 10? 

And now the last question.  What is it about this distribution?  It seems like this game is power huger to eat up all your gold coins (I forgot the name of the actual gold).

Fourth Question and last one.  Which piece of hardware would one purchase to make this game go faster, even tho, I've ran their test on my machine and it passes.

Thank you.

First off welcome,

Second, we do like the wall of txt ( it hurts the eyes.. The enter key is your best friend).

1. The CPU is fine, it has cores, 3 Ghz if power
    • GPU is decent better then the bare minimum
    • Ram is great...
  2. More credits??? more cpt XP for skills ?? More free XP to move up in tier ???
    • You can increase it by getting premium time, premium ships, ships camos or the special flags that specify what you want to increase.
    • In game, getting heroic and honorary achievements.. Give you a boost to all mentioned.
  3. Well, consumables are free but everything else is a cost..
  4. If you ask me, your 3 components are decent... This maybe a connection bottleneck issue with your location and your ISP... I would start there and not your PC. 

GL and HF...

•  

Members
17 posts
1,631 battles

Thank you for your input.  I knew there was another question I had to ask, and you figure it out to get the cob webs out of the upstairs.  I've had 2 premium ships given to me, and 1 purchased one.  This is what I through about them afterwards.  Waste of money (the one I purchased), and the two that were given to me.  Why you might be asking.  Will, I noticed that they don't give you anything in return.  For example.  I go into battle with one of my ships (normal) and when I come from battle, I got a little money, a little free XP.  I can spend this on the ship that got them or the other ships in my case.  But the premium ship, they only pertain to them.  And you can't get anything other ships with them.  So what good are they?  Your answer might change my mind about them, but from what I see they really don't offer anything.  Please advise.

Thanks

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,584 posts
2,423 battles

I can't answer any questions about hardware, but I'm more than willing to help with the others.

If you really push it, you can reach your first tier 10 ship in under 1000 battles.  I DO NOT recommend doing this.  Take your time progressing up the tiers.  Get a good feel for the game in the lower and middle tiers before jumping into the high tiers.

Doubloons are a premium resource.  Spend them wisely.  Using them to buy things like single use camos, signals, captain retraining, and equipment demounting are usually a waste.  Save them up to buy premium ships, premium time, or permanent camos for ships you really enjoy playing.

I'd also recommend spending some time doing basic research on the game.  There are quite a few YouTube videos explaining how the various game mechanics work, and how best to use them.  Being knowledgeable about how the game works is the best way to get better at playing the game.  Also check into the basics of each tech tree line.  Read up on what they generally do best, what they generally do worst, and how they generally should be played.

Try out multiple tech tree lines.  Find out which playstyles you most enjoy.

Most of all, don't be too afraid, or even worse too proud to ask for help.  This game has a steep learning curve.  As long as you are willing to learn and can handle constructive criticism, most of us here will gladly help you out.

Members
17 posts
1,631 battles

The boss has authorized me to get a new mobo :cap_book:.  So this wednesday it's coming.  The specs of it is as follows:  The CPU is an i7-9700k and yes, it's going to be in OC mode.  Next the motherboard is a Asus z390-E.  The GPU (there's two of them.  One is the GTX 1650 (that I currently have), and the other is a AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT Overclocked with 8 GBs.   Next on the list is two NMVE drives.  One drive for my OS/boot and the other drive is solely for my games.  They both are 1TB.  Next on the list is 2GB internet speed, as I currently have fiber option 1GB.  I will post everything once I get the feel of it.  So everything should be good.  O by the way, the clock speed on it is 5.2ghz.  Should I be good now?

Edited by The_Boss_007

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,584 posts
2,423 battles
8 minutes ago, The_Boss_007 said:

Thank you for your input.  I knew there was another question I had to ask, and you figure it out to get the cob webs out of the upstairs.  I've had 2 premium ships given to me, and 1 purchased one.  This is what I through about them afterwards.  Waste of money (the one I purchased), and the two that were given to me.  Why you might be asking.  Will, I noticed that they don't give you anything in return.  For example.  I go into battle with one of my ships (normal) and when I come from battle, I got a little money, a little free XP.  I can spend this on the ship that got them or the other ships in my case.  But the premium ship, they only pertain to them.  And you can't get anything other ships with them.  So what good are they?  Your answer might change my mind about them, but from what I see they really don't offer anything.  Please advise.

Thanks

Premium ships generally earn more credits than their tech tree counterparts.  More importantly, you can move any captain from that ship's nation into the premium ship for free.  This means you don't necessarily need a dedicated captain for a premium ship.  It also means you can use premium ships for training captains.

Certain premium ships are also unique.  They may not play like anything from the tech tree.

Which 3 premiums do you have?

Members
17 posts
1,631 battles

I don't have any now, as I sold them into the reject pile.  But, now I understand the purpose of them, I'll keep them around.  If get anymore, should I only use them in games, or move around from ship to ship?  I don't have any captains as of yet, as all my ships currently are tier 3 and one tier 4.  Did you read the new mobo I'm getting?, will this help in anyway?

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,584 posts
2,423 battles
Just now, The_Boss_007 said:

I don't have any now, as I sold them into the reject pile.  But, now I understand the purpose of them, I'll keep them around.  If get anymore, should I only use them in games, or move around from ship to ship?  I don't have any captains as of yet, as all my ships currently are tier 3 and one tier 4.  Did you read the new mobo I'm getting?, will this help in anyway?

Never sell a premium ship.  If you ever receive a ship container (either via a Supercontainer, a Santa Crate, or something similar), there is a chance you'll get that ship back.  Keeping any and all premium ships you get guarantees you will either get a different premium, or at least get the doubloon value of the one you already have.

You can file a support ticket on the website to get back those premium ships, in exchange for the credits you got when you sold them.

[FGNE]
Members
959 posts
4,568 battles
26 minutes ago, The_Boss_007 said:

But the premium ship, they only pertain to them.  And you can't get anything other ships with them.  So what good are they?  Your answer might change my mind about them, but from what I see they really don't offer anything.  Please advise.

Premium ships are good for several reasons, they have increased economics (some quite significantly other not so much), this includes credits, XP, FXP, CPX.

You are a right in that the XP you earn in a premium ship stays with that ship, unless you are willing to spend money to convert that "elite ship xp" into FXP. This also happens to ships you fully research. But the credits and FXP you earn in premium ships are usable anywhere.

One of the advantages of premium ships is the option to retrain commanders, at first that doesn't seem to much, the first captain points are earned quite fast, but as your captain moves up the ranks it takes longer to get more captain points.

You can assign captains to a premium ship (of the same nationality of your ship) without retraining penalties; for example, when you move a captain to the next ship it has to undergo retraining to the new ship, during which time your captain skills will not work to their fullest, but if you have a premium ship, you can use it to retrain the commander without penalties.

Note however that some premium ships are similar to those of the tech tree, but some others are drastically different, a simple example would be to have a premium battleship and use it to train a destroyer captain, the skills will likely not match... But it can be done.

EDIT

Do as @CaptainKaitoGhost says and try to get back those premiums ASAP, no premium ship is worth their credit value.

Edited by CO_Valle
Get those premium ships back

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
2 hours ago, The_Boss_007 said:

Welcome to the forums.  :cat_cool:

Your hardware is more than good enough to run the game at high settings, so you're good.

Second, never ever sell away premium ships.  There are a lot of benefits of owning premiums, and you should soon learn as you get them and play them.  You may not have any captains as of yet, but if you keep playing, you will.  You will accumulate things in this game faster than you think, even without paying for it.

Good luck.

[BB-57]
Members
323 posts
13,644 battles

One of your questions about your aiming circle turning green... Has nothing to do with your computer, it indicates your guns are loaded, "somewhat" on target and ready to fire. If you don't have a loaded gun-barrel pointed in the right direction it won't be green. Turrets turning and loading guns takes time, its your ship not your computer.

Speaking of time... Take your time, don't rush up the lines, learn the different classes of ships and the national "flavors". Playing each class will make you better at the others (strengths/ weaknesses).  It's a game, have fun!

Welcome Aboard! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,930 posts
15,436 battles
7 hours ago, The_Boss_007 said:

Thanks

7 hours ago, The_Boss_007 said:

Hi.  Welcome to WoWS.

I think others have answered your hardware questions. And you shouldnt sell premium ships in case you get them back again through random drops - there is nothing more deeply frustrating.  Still, you might be interested in my Premium Ship for New Players guide, which talks about how premium ships generate value, and which premium ships are good for new players (both easier to play and represent good value).  

In addition, I have copied some information below that you might find useful as a new player. 

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.  If you'd like to division, feel free to send me a message in-game and if we're both online at the same time, then I'd be happy to oblige.  

• How to set up your game client to get the information you need to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSCb96CLCs4
  • (For brand New Players - a full comprehensive guide) iChase's How to get good at World of Warships - I wish this was around when I started!
  • (For New Players) - Wargaming's 'How It Works' series that explains the game's mechanics - important to learn these as it differs to real life.
  • (For New Players looking to become Intermediate) my Ship Role Quick Reference Guide to understand how to get the best out of your ship every battle and how to deal with enemy ships of the same type. 
  • (For Intermediate players) LittleWhiteMouse's guide to How to take control of your win rate:  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/75077-how-to-control-your-win-rate/
  • For players at any level who are interested in personalised feedback on a particular battle, get in touch with Lord_Zath and his replay centre - its an amazing service that you should take advantage of.  
  • You are under absolutely no obligation to spend money on this game - it is entirely free to play including at high tiers. 
    • Understanding the economics of WoWS and tips for playing as free-to-play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDgwH2w-k7U
    • Still, if you are interested in buying a premium ship, a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players.
      • The second post in this thread has some good advice on how to rapidly become a better player through teamwork and positioning - see Section 3 - its worth a read!

[H2O]
Members
51 posts
10,942 battles

You really don't need over 1GB internet speed except you will download updates faster. I play fine with 6 mg internet DSL. Do I wish for faster internet you bet ya but they are working on upgrading their equipment.