You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sulghunter331

A Question on the Yoshino

9 comments in this topic

[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
997 posts
10,881 battles

A simple question for the denizens of this forum. Do you consider the Yoshino as a deluxe Atago, or as a diet Yamato?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,631 posts
4,997 battles

Neither really, but if forced to choose between the two, deluxe Atago would be a vastly more accurate description.

[META_]
Members
1,234 posts
16,073 battles

I have Atago , Azuma, and Yoshino. It is similar to the Atago but the Atago can get under 10km concealment  . Yoshino only can get to 11.9 km . Similar style of gameplay except you need to aim a little better because you have to be a little farther away. Both ships torps are hard hitting , yoshino torps can be seen farther away.Good luck. If you are good in the Atago you are used to playing carefully , Yoshino you need to be twice as careful to survive. 

Edited by Meta_Man
add message

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
4 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I have Atago , Azuma, and Yoshino. It is similar to the Atago but the Atago can get under 10km concealment  . Yoshino only can get to 11.9 km . Similar style of gameplay except you need to aim a little better because you have to be a little farther away. Both ships torps are hard hitting , yoshino torps can be seen farther away.Good luck. If you are good in the Atago you are used to playing carefully , Yoshino you need to be twice as careful to survive. 

I suck in the Atago but rule in the Yoshino. So I wouldn't agree with this entirely but you are mostly correct.

Yoshino is a ship that is good at kiting, and likes to sit between 16km and 24km shooting high damaging volleys of HE at everything with 20km torps to zone people or catch people off-guard. I very much like the Yoshino over the standard IJN Cruiser line, because she's tanky, can take a hit or two, doesn't mind trading blows with other Super Cruisers, has surprise torps, devastating HE and is all in all, a well balanced ship. She doesn't excel in any one thing, and as such she gets a lot of flak for not being blatantly broken like Stalingrad or competitive like PR. But she has her place, and I do quite enjoy playing her a lot.

~Hunter

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
2 hours ago, sulghunter331 said:

A simple question for the denizens of this forum. Do you consider the Yoshino as a deluxe Atago, or as a diet Yamato?

More like an adolescent Yamato.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

The Yoshino is like a Yamato, Zao, and Shimakaze combined. Best way I can describe its play style would be a Bsttlecruiser like Hood that gets torpedoes. So if you get too close against the wrong ships your armor will not hold up, but medium range and angled the armor is good and long range incoming fire can be dodged. Your mobility allows for dictation of range and engagements. Guns have great AP and HE shells plus long range.

[META_]
Members
1,234 posts
16,073 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

More like an adolescent Yamato.

She only can use ap when everything is perfect... No baby yammy. Lol

[NUWES]
Members
3,137 posts
10,730 battles
5 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

I consider it to be a citadel pinata.

^This sums it up.

5 hours ago, sulghunter331 said:

It's neither. It's a Zao with an eating disorder.