You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ossiuum

Carriers are still an issue

76 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,014 posts
15,045 battles
6 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I know the general carrier topics and discussions have been down lately with all of the new content, just a gentle reminder that carriers still don't belong in this game and don't fit with the design philosophies of any of the other classes. How we made it this far with the spotting especially being untouched is beyond me.

You left out the fact that cv's are supreme. All cv players are right. They require perfect vision in order to be useful to their team. Let's explore how the cv has no benefits without the God Level of spotting.

• cv can't damage any class in the game without fear of being attacked back
  • cv can't kill any dd without retaliation
  • cv cant' spot all ships for the team and permit all of the team to kill exposed dd or cruiser
  • cv can't kill any ship under 15k 
  • cv always has to worry about position of their ship until end of game when they run to corner  
  • cv can't cross torp bb's 
  • cv can't drop torps right next to an island and arm in 6 feet of water from 250ft drop
  • cv can't cit all of the bb's in the game
  • cv can't drive through any ship's aa

Oh wait I'm wrong, that is all of the things that it CAN DO. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 6

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,686 posts
5,943 battles

It seems almost insane to risk 75% (surface) of your game to cater to the 25% (CV).

But another way to look at it is that the 75% is there to provide a shooting gallery for the 25%.  When you think of it like that, it starts to make some sense.  Particularly at the stage of the game we are in now.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

Members
235 posts
4,736 battles

Hopefully the release of German CVs will prompt the devs to delve deeper into adjusting AA values and plane interaction.

And spotting has been adjusted OP. With the last few updates plane spotting range has decreased by almost 1km per update.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[HATE]
Members
1,014 posts
15,045 battles
2 minutes ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Hopefully the release of German CVs will prompt the devs to delve deeper into adjusting AA values and plane interaction.

And spotting has been adjusted OP. With the last few updates plane spotting range has decreased by almost 1km per update.

wow, 1 km OMG. so what your saying is they are close to balance as if 1km makes a difference...lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,307 posts
14,515 battles

I don’t see much more adjustments or tweaks to CV’s unless the German line or the FDR proves to be seriously OP. From what I’ve gathered the FDR is probably not going to cause these adjustments. 

[TRU]
Members
518 posts
15,754 battles
35 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I know the general carrier topics and discussions have been down lately with all of the new content, just a gentle reminder that carriers still don't belong in this game and don't fit with the design philosophies of any of the other classes. How we made it this far with the spotting especially being untouched is beyond me.

Yep I needed this reminder.  The last "delete CVs" post I read was 2 minutes ago.  

The reality is, they are here to stay, whether you love it or leave it (or fall in between).  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,359 posts
13,786 battles

The funny thing is, you could change things so that planes INSTANTLY regenerate on deck, and put AA back to its original, RTS levels, and CVs would still have the advantage (because AA can be destroyed).  Hell, even if you just played a CV as a spotter, you would still be the strongest class (albeit it support).

• Cool 1

Members
5,221 posts
12 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

Yep I needed this reminder.  The last "delete CVs" post I read was 2 minutes ago.  

The reality is, they are here to stay, whether you love it or leave it (or fall in between).  

Yeah, they were getting lonely.  They hadn't made a new 'delete carriers' thread in this half of today yet. 

WG's not going to delete carriers anyway.  I guess some people like beating their head on the wall, and then do more, thinking it'll stop their head from hurting?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[SEA-7]
Members
134 posts
4,123 battles

I went gone from Meh on CV's to very against in the short period of time it took to grind out of tier 4 ...  

While historically accurate being the a$$hole of the sea, they do not make good gaming partners. They are just NO FUN to play AGAINST. DD, CV, BB are all fun to play, win or lose. Yes, Smole is a pain too, but I can counter the damn boat if I need to. CV is misery to play against and if I had one or god forbid two in every game, I'd be back to my old games very quick. I feel for you DD captains. 

I want the option to play without them, even if it means less XP. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[R-F2]
Members
645 posts
9,564 battles
52 minutes ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Wow 1km! By next year maybe CVs will have maximum plane spotting range less than the air detection of a Yamato firing its guns!

[TRU]
Members
518 posts
15,754 battles
22 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Yeah, they were getting lonely.  They hadn't made a new 'delete carriers' thread in this half of today yet. 

WG's not going to delete carriers anyway.  I guess some people like beating their head on the wall, and then do more, thinking it'll stop their head from hurting?

Yep.  I hate seeing a CV when in particular boats like Asashio or other japanese DDs.  But then I realized I could see planes way before they see me and use my low detection and smoke to my advantage.  In some cases I can sneak around a flank and surprise the CV guessing which rock they are hiding behind.  Killing a CV is more fulfilling than killing any other class.  

I still think poor tier 3s need AA and CVs should take normal flooding and fire damage.  

[UNNAT]
Members
1,115 posts
5,878 battles

Reminder that no matter how many of these threads are made CVs aren't going away. 

• Cool 3
  • Sad 1

[D33P6]
Members
452 posts
5,088 battles
1 hour ago, Ossiuum said:

know the general carrier topics and discussions have been down lately with all of the new content, just a gentle reminder that carriers still don't belong in this game and don't fit with the design philosophies of any of the other classes.

Seriously?  You obviously don't visit the forums very often.  On the second page I counted at least 4 separate threads talking about CV's.  If making another thread is an attempt to make yourself feel better after crying all night you need some serious help.

1 hour ago, Ossiuum said:

How we made it this far with the spotting especially being untouched is beyond me.

Yeah, I would look at the patch notes.  The spotting mechanics have been touched.  Stop being dishonest.  DD's air detectability didn't go down to 2.8-3 km for no reason.

I do not possibly see how this thread is going to be constructive in anyway.  You started another one because you wanted to cry and continue to beat a dead horse.  We know... you hate CV's.

Edited by HeadSplit120
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,307 posts
14,515 battles

Remember a new class is being developed. Who knows what possibilities they will bring. As of right now there are no ASW CV counter measures.

B7E39D57-7B34-47DD-8164-991CC2100BD3.jpeg

[LUCK]
Members
1,837 posts
29,027 battles

The simple fix is, aside from amping up AA a bit, make CVs much more susceptible to other CV attacks. Their AA needs to be diminished and their silly limited burn, flooding, etc. needs to be toned down. In my experience, CVs rarely go after the opposing CV as it is generally futile. Make it so CVs take damage like other surface ships and have similar AA defenses and we will see some positive changes. The natural counter to the CV should be the other CV, which doesn't really happen.

Members
462 posts
18 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

In some cases I can sneak around a flank and surprise the CV

A noob CV driver that is possible.   However, that is not going to work on a half-assed > purple airport player.

• Meh 1

[TRU]
Members
518 posts
15,754 battles
41 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

A noob CV driver that is possible.   However, that is not going to work on a half-assed > purple airport player.

Right and it is a good thing most CV drivers are not even "half-assed" depending on that actual definition.  Much less purple.  

Members
1,641 posts
2 hours ago, Ossiuum said:

They are not going anywhere. You can either choose to play them or choose not to. Hope to see your DD under my rockets soon.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[SIDE]
Members
4,130 posts
2 hours ago, mpwardawg said:

Well said. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,130 posts
1 hour ago, HeadSplit120 said:

Seriously?  You obviously don't visit the forums very often.  On the second page I counted at least 4 separate threads talking about CV's.  If making another thread is an attempt to make yourself feel better after crying all night you need some serious help.

Yeah, I would look at the patch notes.  The spotting mechanics have been touched.  Stop being dishonest.  DD's air detectability didn't go down to 2.8-3 km for no reason.

I do not possibly see how this thread is going to be constructive in anyway.  You started another one because you wanted to cry and continue to beat a dead horse.  We know... you hate CV's.

It's a troll post. He was pretty up front about it from the start. Swat the hornet nest. Nothing new here. Just watch who relpies and see the patterns.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
850 posts
10,564 battles
35 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

The simple fix is, aside from amping up AA a bit, make CVs much more susceptible to other CV attacks. Their AA needs to be diminished and their silly limited burn, flooding, etc. needs to be toned down. In my experience, CVs rarely go after the opposing CV as it is generally futile. Make it so CVs take damage like other surface ships and have similar AA defenses and we will see some positive changes. The natural counter to the CV should be the other CV, which doesn't really happen.

That used to be how it worked. And then a good CV driver would decimate an average or poor CV driver leaving one team in a match that is likely a loss without all the spotting and dps....So the in the rebuild they addressed this player concern by making it stupid to attack a CV in a CV.

• Cool 2