Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xanthro

Weird Bug with A. Nevsky Rudder not going past 1/2

6 comments in this topic

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles

This does not happen all the time, but quite often, the rudder will not move past 1/2 in any direction. You can hold down the rudder key for any period of time, but it stays at half rudder. I've not been able to ascertain what is causing it. It's happened in all kinds of matches, I first noticed it in CV matches, 3 of which in a row had the issue, but then had CV matches with no issues. Using the rudder before the start of the match doesn't seem to be an issue, in that if I use rudder before the match starts or not has no bearing on having the issue, though the rudder will not go past 1/2 before the start of the match if you have the issue.

This happens quite frequently, maybe even more than half the time.

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,702 battles

I had this hug happen when I used to up the FPS limit in the engine file. Did you do that by chance? 

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles
6 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I had this hug happen when I used to up the FPS limit in the engine file. Did you do that by chance? 

Yes, my FPS limit is set to 120.

BTW, your name is very familiar, did you play Asheron's Call on the Darktide Server?

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,702 battles
Just now, Xanthro said:

Yes, my FPS limit is set to 120.

BTW, your name is very familiar, did you play Asheron's Call on the Darktide Server?

No, but in any case if you go back into the engineconfig file and set that back to 75 that will resolve the bug. I went back and forth with it and decided I'd rather have the UI work than a buttery smooth game.

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles
1 minute ago, Ossiuum said:

No, but in any case if you go back into the engineconfig file and set that back to 75 that will resolve the bug. I went back and forth with it and decided I'd rather have the UI work than a buttery smooth game.

Did you set it manually or did you set it via Aslains?

I've manually set my FPS limit in the file for years and never had this issue. I just noticed that this is available in Aslain's mod and used it instead. Now, simply changing the line item should make no difference, but Aslain's could be changing something else as well.

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,702 battles
32 minutes ago, Xanthro said:

Did you set it manually or did you set it via Aslains

I don't use cheats so I did it in the file. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this