You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Mental Health Crisis Line to Support U.S. Veterans and Service Members

15 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,510 posts
13,885 battles

The next big step in the journey of suicide prevention and mental health support.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 7

[NWO-1]
Members
7 posts
5,203 battles

I understand (albeit indirectly) their plight My brother was a marine who served in Operation Desert Storm and then went on to be an embassy guard for 9 yrs. The stress (he hasn't talked to me about all of his combat experience to me, just some) finally caught up with him when he was finally sent home to his regular unit.  It was only his faith and the fact that our pastor was a retired combat engineer from WW2 that saved his life.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

Greetings !

As a veteran; and, as a veteran working with other veterans, thanks for posting this information.  We have so many veterans that have "quit" traditional society it is scary....  We have "a large number" of organized, well equipped, Homeless veterans that migrate from Texas in the winter to Sioux City in the summer along the I-35 corridor.    Again, thanks.   Even if one person uses that number, we may save one more vet...... 

• Cool 3

[JHSAV]
Members
2 posts
1,853 battles

For all those that are involved at EA Games and World of Warships especially,

I wish to extend my Personal Thank You!

As a Service Connected 100% Permanent & Total Disabled Veteran, Medically Retired Federal Civil Service Retired (w/1 year service in the OEF AOR), I suffer with Chronic Constant Pain in my back due to 6 Herniated discs (in Thoracic area behind heart) and the depression and anxiety that accompany the difficulty associated with living in constant pain and lastly as a Retired AT1 (E-6) in the US Navy.

I want to let you know how much gaming helps to distract me from my pain and get out of my self to break the cycle of depression with some fun.

Sincerely,

Francis Coarr

Franks NATO Medal.pdf

GWOT Medal.pdf

Frank in K1.JPG

hs-75.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3

[IJAG]
Members
1 post
7,722 battles

Thank you to those of you who have set this up, and thank you for your service and much healing to those of you who can use the service. 

Members
2 posts

I do not speak often in these places anymore, however I feel its needed for this. With the way WG rewrote history in this game pertaining to the stats and superiority of US Ships, I do not think they have the right to fly a flag in Our Veterans names for the sole purpose of capitalizing on the matter. End of true story.

• Confused 2

[RCN]
Members
60 posts
14,817 battles

This is a good step. With a private company doing this in partnership with a non profit. I only wish this kind of help was in the mainstream Veterans system. In Canada as well. 

[LZ1]
Members
1 post
1,565 battles
3 hours ago, Wadmore_Canada said:

This is a good step. With a private company doing this in partnership with a non profit. I only wish this kind of help was in the mainstream Veterans system. In Canada as well. 

There is, at least in the US.  My wife works with veterans transitioning out of the military to assess mental health and help them get connected to local mental health resources.  Its a voluntary program for the veterans but it is available.  Its called inTransition and its available to any veteran that needs help getting connected to mental health regardless of when they got out of the service.  The number is 1-800-424-7877 or https://www.pdhealth.mil/resources/intransition .  This is a free service to the veterans.  It's also on the DOD website.  And if any of the veterans out there need help, please call them!

Members
1 post
1,537 battles

America is one of the most difficult societies in which to reintegrate once you leave the service.  The skills sets developed while serving are either ignored or misunderstood.  The media has created a caricature of veterans that is not the least bit accurate.

Then there is veteran services.  Insufficient, inept, and misguided.  I went in for help after 20 years of "sucking it up" and "just rubbing dirt on it" and it did not go well.  The VA provided counselor was hostile and unhelpful.  So guess what?  Back to "sucking it up",  "just rubbing dirt on it", drinking water, changing my socks, and taking Vitamin M (Motrin) so to speak.  Trust once broken is difficult to repair and they do not seem keen on doing this.

You cannot support the troops if you mess up the post service care.  So is it any wonder that Veterans are "dropping" out of society?  What is there for us to cherish or embrace?

Edited by NineGrounds_2020
  • Sad 1

[AWWBV]
Members
3 posts
2,874 battles

they fought and they have their value.valuable people human can give to know that we learn from what we receiving in time to recovry.they have fought all their energy now they come back ,in peace to  rebuild the garden of god be jesus see your value and dont let you down but give you the hope on a betterFor Y ou soldier,life is good at us to do,god be with you have faith and beleive,you will find new tools and friend,

[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
60 posts
21,206 battles
36 minutes ago, timonier_2014 said:

they come back ,in peace to  rebuild the garden of god be jesus

everyone has God  on their side,

OF COURSE. 

especially the good guys.

Next time send god to fight, we got family to look after here.

[ASWF]
Members
6 posts
2,794 battles

As a vet who is also struggling, this is beyond helpful and so incredibly encouraging to read about.  Its hard for some of us Vets to keep a frame of mind that keeps us moving forward.  @NineGrounds_2020 So true! i can empathize with you! currently a broke [edited]student on the GI bill and constantly facing difficulty just getting into classes with this chaos.  The Va is never helpful and destroys everything they touch, Keep up the fight you have much more life to live for and give, as one fighting alongside you. 

So much thank you and appreciation to you WOWS!! you have built a community who has reached beyond borders and ethics to something simple and real!  The fight on the seas is a constant reminder of the fight we have daily to keep pressing forward in strength!