You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

My beef with reading Forum posts

15 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,243 battles

Currently, when I see a post title that I'd like to read I click on it. For some reason I'm taken to the last post reply on the last page of the thread instead of the top of the first page. 
I find it very frustrating because each time I have to click back to the first page and scroll to the top so that I could read what the OP wrote in their post. 
Reading the last post in the thread first makes no sense since there is no reference to the initial post.

Does this makes sense?  Perhaps there is a setting that I'm not aware of? 

• Boring 1

[-A-8-]
Members
571 posts
22,805 battles

It only does that to me if I click on a post in the WG Staff Post column on the forum home page. Is it just those or all posts on the forum?

[SALVO]
Members
8,175 posts
6,059 battles
12 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Currently, when I see a post title that I'd like to read I click on it. For some reason I'm taken to the last post reply on the last page of the thread instead of the top of the first page. 
I find it very frustrating because each time I have to click back to the first page and scroll to the top so that I could read what the OP wrote in their post. 
Reading the last post in the thread first makes no sense since there is no reference to the initial post.

Must be some setting, I always default to the first page

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles

Weird. I always get the first page. The only thing I can think of is that if you're reading it on a tablet or cellphone, the touch-screen might be triggering on the last-page icon? I know some phone and tablet browsers handle the WOWS website differently from PC. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[MEIST]
Members
1,543 posts
5,912 battles
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You are clicking on the WG staff posts on the topic. That is only when it happens to me. If I click on Recent topics it takes me right to the first post.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,243 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Weird. I always get the first page. The only thing I can think of is that if you're reading it on a tablet or cellphone, the touch-screen might be triggering on the last-page icon? I know some phone and tablet browsers handle the WOWS website differently from PC. 

I'm using a Desktop. Always goes to the last post if the thread is long it will go to the last post on the last page

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
2,813 posts
15,018 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

are you clicking on the title? or are you clicking on or in the vicinity of the person who last posted?

If you click on the title area, you go right to the first post, but if you are clicking anywhere to the right side, you go to the last post. 

• Thanks 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,063 posts
19,384 battles

Yeah, if it is a comment from a staffer it sort of pins their comment and you are directed directly  to it. If a regular community member it should go to the first OP post.

[NFFS]
Members
259 posts
7,917 battles

I get either the first post or the last post.  It depends on where I click.  If it is along the right side (latest posts) - it is the first post.  If it is in the main list in the middle it will be the last post.

[RLGN]
Members
16,173 posts
28,066 battles
4 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm using a Desktop. Always goes to the last post if the thread is long it will go to the last post on the last page

Like someone mentioned; are you sure you’re not clicking on Staff posts? Those usually default further down in a thread.

If you’ve read part of a thread before, it may default to the last read post, but otherwise no idea why that happens.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet