Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

You guys wanna hear a sad [edited]joke?

18 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles

Still making observations on gameplay, but still the same number of battles on the NA server. 

Are you going to tell us where else you're playing? Because it's becoming increasingly difficult to take you seriously, and very easy to understand why people might call you an outright liar (on the basis of "making stuff up that you didn't actually see happen").

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,569 posts
8,517 battles

I'm taking OP off ignore.  It is such wonderful trolly jibberish.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,096 posts
18,947 battles

OP's posts?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,627 posts
9,465 battles

I have spent much time examining the Zao’s in-game model, and this torp arch continues to elude me. Although I have to say, it seems that such a structure would be very dangerous to include on a warship, given the explosive properties of naval ordinance in general and torpedoes in particular. I was also not aware such projectiles were useful as construction material but I am admittedly not very well versed in the art and science of naval architecture.

OP, could you elaborate on this “arch” you speak of, because I would very much like to lay eyes on this marvel of (virtual) naval engineering.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
30 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

MORNIN GUYS DID I MISS ANYTHING? - Sad Dog - quickmeme

Ok, what's all this about? 

This is all about Akiyama bringing his whine of the day about Japanese ships, with absolutely NO ongoing play on the NA server to back it up as actually having happened to him.

His battle count on NA hasn't changed in months (I have screenshots), and he continues to be silent about whether he plays on any other server. If he does, I can appreciate his posts as one player's opinion, however erroneous, and engage him on that level. If he doesn't, then he's just plain old making stuff up.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,098 posts
4,081 battles

Of all the things to whine about you pick the torp arcs of one of only two IJN cruisers able to fire torpedoes forward?

1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I'm taking OP off ignore.  It is such wonderful trolly jibberish.

Pretty much

[SIDE]
Members
4,662 posts
40 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I have spent much time examining the Zao’s in-game model, and this torp arch continues to elude me. Although I have to say, it seems that such a structure would be very dangerous to include on a warship, given the explosive properties of naval ordinance in general and torpedoes in particular. I was also not aware such projectiles were useful as construction material but I am admittedly not very well versed in the art and science of naval architecture.

OP, could you elaborate on this “arch” you speak of, because I would very much like to lay eyes on this marvel of (virtual) naval engineering.

Well, the Japanese didn't have rubber suitable for long lengths of fuel hose needed in ship to ship refueling operations. They would instead use "ordinance arches" to support a network of gun barrels that could transfer fuel over extremely short distance of water to other ships. No photographic evidence exists as photographers always died in massive explosions when product weight transfer, close proximity collisions or rolling seas destabilized the stacks of round objects and collapsed the "torpedo arches". It's a little known hiztorikal fract. Luckily the art department found evidence drawn on a napkin recovered after the war.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 4

[Y0L0W]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,743 posts
5,504 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Still making observations on gameplay, but still the same number of battles on the NA server. 

Are you going to tell us where else you're playing? Because it's becoming increasingly difficult to take you seriously, and very easy to understand why people might call you an outright liar (on the basis of "making stuff up that you didn't actually see happen").

I like the fact this player has ZERO tier 10's let alone a ZAO.

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
134 posts
11,658 battles

Sorry for being ignorant but what is a "torpedo arch"? Are we talking about the range of motion of the torpedo launchers?

[WORX]
Members
10,621 posts
18,506 battles
7 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

Sorry for being ignorant but what is a "torpedo arch"? Are we talking about the range of motion of the torpedo launchers?

Torp arch, just means the area shaded in green (loaded) or yellow (loading) on a ship to where... You can fire off torps..

Its not the range of the launcher, each DD have launcher different range of angles depending if its rotational or fix to the sides.

Some DDs have limited torp arch.. Others have a lot (V-170 comes to mind).

Its not the range of motion but the available angles you can shoot torps.

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
134 posts
11,658 battles

Right, that's what I thought. I wondered if it was supposed to mean anything else because "who cares"?

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
34 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Yeah, this is why I'm thinking that if he's serious at all, he has to be playing on another server (with a full repertoire of ships) and posting here. Either that or he's playing exclusively on the PTS, which I hadn't previously considered, in which he could have any tech-tree ship he wants whenever it's live. Thing is, if he's doing that, a lot of his stuff is getting posted when the PTS is out of session (as it is now) and it's not something that happened to him literally just last night.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles
2 hours ago, Cereberus99 said:

Talking torpedo firing angles, so yes range of motion.

Members
5,364 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Either that or he's playing exclusively on the PTS, which I hadn't previously considered, in which he could have any tech-tree ship he wants whenever it's live.

I know people who do this in other games.  They don't want to play live, or pay for live, so they haunt the PTS.  Weird, but true.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
28 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

I know people who do this in other games.  They don't want to play live, or pay for live, so they haunt the PTS.  Weird, but true.

I have to admit, if I ever lost interest in a heavy grind and devolved to playing on rare occasions only, it's something I would seriously consider. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,010 posts
23,803 battles

We're talking about a player here that averages 21k damage in a Tier IX Battleship and has never reached Tier X Live.

He hasn't even gone past Tier VII Myoko in the Live server.

He doesn't have a Tier X at all Live.

Go ahead and look him up.  His stats have more red than watching Kill Bill.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Haha 1

[LODGE]
Members
1 post
6,420 battles
14 hours ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

There is a similar account name on the Asian server, it has an underscore in the middle.

That account has 245 Zao games on it.

Sign in to follow this