You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Upcoming Ships - Slava, Ludendorff, German CVs

40 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,671 posts
6,355 battles

It's hard to keep track, but here's what's in the pipeline. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles

Whether we like it or not, it was always inevitable that Slava was going to re-appear at some point. 

WG would never waste the resources used to model and spec a ship without a return on its investment.

As for Ludendorff, it looks like a potentially interesting spin on the FDG hull that could make it a lot of fun.

[B2P]
Members
259 posts
7,041 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Whether we like it or not, it was always inevitable that Slava was going to re-appear at some point. 

WG would never waste the resources used to model and spec a ship without a return on its investment.

As for Ludendorff, it looks like a potentially interesting spin on the FDG hull that could make it a lot of fun.

One can only hope that they nerf the hull specs enough to balance those ridiculous guns. They had a good start by dropping it to 25mm armor, but we have to remember it probably won't be fired at much due to range. This means IMO that it should get a really [edited] torpedo belt too so that it can't tank well. Rather, they should just nerf the tanking capability as a whole. This includes giving it a NORMAL BB repair party, so that people can't rapidly cycle off fires. 
That's all just my wishful thinking though. If they want a ship this powerful to exist, they must make it a glass cannon. It's the ship to make Stalingrad look balanced from day 1. They need to rob it of many things to make the original concept guns work at the current state.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
27 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The port view in the vid didn't make it clear whether or not Ludendorff has hydro. Is this part of the publicly-announced information on this ship? If she has hydro, I consider her worth looking at as an FXP or coal ship. My money's on coal, since Agir is for FXP and Siegfried fills the research-bureau spot. Steel is a possibility, I guess, but we've had so much new steel content recently (Shikishima for 32K, three T10 permacamos at 10K each) that I consider this less likely. 

I consider the FDR a likely coal ship for the same reasons. 

If Ludendorff's currency and price are confirmed before the end of 0.9.6, this could have a huge effect on whether I get Odin. Hell, even 0.9.7, since the previous event's stuff always hangs around until the end of the next patch. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,528 posts

Hey, good to see you're still around @NoZoupForYou. I just recently returned to the game - and was not aware of all that's "in the pipeline", so much appreciate your video. 

Especially wasn't aware of the upcoming RU BB split. Just picked up the Soyuz this past week so best get my grinding gear on! 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles
8 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Wait, what?

There is no split (announced as of yet).  Expect Slava to become a "special" ship, in the same sense as Moskva.  Probably will be sold for some type of resource.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,197 posts
16,909 battles

No interest whatsoever in the German CV line but as always I'm happy for those carrier captains that may enjoy them. The Ludendorff could be interesting but seeing how German ships get "special" treatment... probably won't. Would love another brawler with torpedoes tbh though. Slava could be an issue with those guns at that range so hopefully it will be a steel ship. Either way, good video.  +1

You, my good sir have my thanks - Picard Thanks You | Meme Generator

• Cool 2

[AZUR1]
Members
5 posts
4,390 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The port view in the vid didn't make it clear whether or not Ludendorff has hydro. Is this part of the publicly-announced information on this ship? If she has hydro, I consider her worth looking at as an FXP or coal ship. My money's on coal, since Agir is for FXP and Siegfried fills the research-bureau spot. Steel is a possibility, I guess, but we've had so much new steel content recently (Shikishima for 32K, three T10 permacamos at 10K each) that I consider this less likely. 

If Ludendorff's currency and price are confirmed before the end of 0.9.6, this could have a huge effect on whether I get Odin. Hell, even 0.9.7, since the previous event's stuff always hangs around until the end of the next patch. 

Ludendorff will be coal ship wargaming confirmed https://www.twitch.tv/videos/627654001?t=01h29m40s

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

maybe for dobloons?

1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

It's hard to keep track, but here's what's in the pipeline. 

will watch for sure, as soon as possible.

24 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

There is no split (announced as of yet).  Expect Slava to become a "special" ship, in the same sense as Moskva.  Probably will be sold for some type of resource.

special = premium? fxp or dobloons?

Members
253 posts
13,218 battles

Imagine a Clan Battle season where the CAs stay in groups of 2 or 3 while a Slava in the back picks them off one by one. Assisted of course by the CV who spots and finishes them off.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
2 minutes ago, Megasz said:

Ludendorff will be coal ship wargaming confirmed https://www.twitch.tv/videos/627654001?t=01h29m40s

Thanks for the clarification; I wasn't sure whether I'd heard that or merely hoped it. Definitely one to keep my eye on, then. Now all we need are the release date and the price.

Based on current (Georgia) and previous (Jean Bart) experience at Tier 9, we're probably looking in the neighbourhood of 230,000 before discounts. 

Given that she's not mentioned as an eligible ship in any of the Hamburg Dockyard directives, I consider it unlikely that we will see her before 0.9.7. However, it seems from the Dev Blog that the next event after Dockyard is German Carriers, and that would be an appropriate national context into which to release her. I'm calling 0.9.7-0.9.8, given that the CC's seem to have just got them in their hands for testing.

2 minutes ago, Ivan_Namirettov_ said:

Imagine a Clan Battle season where the CAs stay in groups of 2 or 3 while a Slava in the back picks them off one by one. Assisted of course by the CV who spots and finishes them off.

Well that'll be their damn fault for huddling and waiting to die, won't it?

• Cool 1

Members
85 posts
21 battles
36 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It's going to be a steel ship, mark my words.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Um Kitikami

[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles
4 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Um Kitikami

It did have a service life before being pulled.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It did have a service life before being pulled.

It was in game as a test ship and was hilariously stupid to play. So yes it had a shelf life

[GROVE]
Members
25 posts

Slava if you continue op most likely it will be a research-bureau ship since it is for the most experienced players it will be blocked for the masses discarded for steel and coal remember that steel recently added a new battleship x

Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles

So glad to see new BBs coming our way. Happy that I hung onto my 2.5M FXP and 350k coal.  So excited, can't wait!

[KWF]
Members
4,385 posts
6,405 battles

Am holding all my resources for Paolo Emilio, looks like a helluva fun upcoming ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Loving that information embargo.  /s

:Smile_smile:

Certain people didn't emphasize the difference between early-phase test ship and final release hard enough, while others failed dismally at understanding (or at apparently wanting to understand) that initial stats can change, and this is the result.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[FORM]
Members
1,639 posts
11,395 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Especially wasn't aware of the upcoming RU BB split. Just picked up the Soyuz this past week so best get my grinding gear on! 

2 hours ago, landcollector said:

Wait, what?

I'm wondering if he meant the Russian Heavy Cruiser split and not BB split. Hadn't heard anything about more Russian BBs... though at the rate we're going we can be sure to get at least another 5 tier 10 Russian ships before the Italians get DDs or BBs. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[K-ARM]
Members
17 posts
1,929 battles

Had the opportunity to... well I would say play, but it was more like get curb stomped.. by a Ludendorff this past weekend.  Although it did die during the round, not before laying waste.  It was a total ricochet machine.  Gave up trying to do damage at 12km, and changed targets and ran.  Died with my tail between my legs with laser like AP.  GORGEOUS to look at, but painful to be at the receiving end of.