You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
captain_fearless

Could’ve had a great battle, until....

12 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
3,390 battles

Was playing my Amagi in northern lights in a downtiered match. I went to the D Cap to the right and by myself and absolutely murked a Fuso who broadsided me so hard he probably hit alt+F4

so the match was going well, I head to the cap and find a tirpitz in the cap and I do 20k on him and then loop around to go into cap, he seemed to be retreating. I go between those two huge islands and I immediately see a small island in front of me and the tirpitz appears to the right of that island. I decide I’m going to go to the left of the island so he dosent torpedo me and I don’t accidentally Ram him. 

but guess what?

you know that feature in game when your approaching an island it the game steers the ship for you a bit.

it did that to me, and turned me

T O  T H E  R I G H T

I have to yank the steering wheel and slow my speed, giving the Tirpitz enough time to launch Torps. 2 hit, now im at 25k Health. I damage him good, get into the cap point and we exchange fire. 

but guess what? It’s everyone’s favourite cruiser! The A T L A N T A. And he’s behind an island.

so I die, getting roasted harder than Anakin on Mustafar. 

and we lose the match. 

I got 146k damage, 3 citadels, decent xp

but we were so close to greatness, this close

but we lost

all because the f$$$$ game thought I wanted to go right even though my ship was pointed to the left.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,382 posts
14,152 battles
31 minutes ago, Epic_Baller said:

You can disable that in settings :cap_cool:

This, that "feature" has always been problematic.

[LWA]
Members
1,124 posts

yep, you need to disable the sum-beotch.  Oh, I hate that stupid auto steer.....and my condolences, that is worthy of a rant here in the forum.

• Thanks 1

[FGNE]
Members
959 posts
4,568 battles

I agree with the others, disable that thing (I’ve been there too).

If I’m going to beach at least make it so it is my actual fault.

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles

Yeah definitely turn that off ASAP, hate that feature

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles

Unlucky bro, but now you know by learning the hard way, won't happen again. Ship happens to us all.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,598 posts
10,459 battles

Yep.  I always found it frustrating when the ship decided it knew where you wanted to go, even though it was in direct conflict with where you actually needed to go.  I have the warning for collision, but keep the auto-avoidance feature turned off. 

Beta Testers
231 posts
12,285 battles

And this is the problem with this game. Way too many absolutely clueless players that think they know it all.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,961 posts
14,243 battles

It's the most useful feature in the game, until it does this to you.

It's autistic in its excellence; it will keep you from running aground, but it's incapable of realising (a) that sometimes the best path between the rocks isn't the best path for avoiding incoming fire, and (b) there are broader contexts in which you WANT to run aground (e.g. to make a hard stop to avoid torpedoes).