You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, June 12-14 2020

27 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

Well, have I ever had a busy weekend!

Fought Naval Battles for my clan.

Did the bulk of the Devonshire grind to unlock and buy the Surrey (Submarine Battles mode was ideal for that).

Cleared away a lot of unfinished business. Specifically there is a group of ships in my port whose grinds are technically unfinished because I skipped something to get to the next ship, usually the improved gunfire control system but occasionally a C hull for a destroyer or cruiser that branches off to the side and isn't in the direct progression to the tier above. This weekend, I removed a few ships from that list: Fuso (B gunfire control system; her stock range is more than adequate), Colorado (B gunfire control system), Mahan (C hull sidegrade, losing one turret for more AA; not so relevant in today's meta).

Fuso and Colorado were interesting, not least because I've long since moved their high-point captains up to other ships and they have to make do with commanders who are generally no more than 3 points. Fuso was a tiny bit of a struggle, but Submarines mode made that easier too (no Tier 8 opposition to face, and much of what was there was bots), but Colorado was the surprise. Provided my team didn't absolutely faceplant (and sometimes it did), the old girl could still give results even in Randoms against higher tier ships. And even when my teams DID faceplant, the ship was good for dealing it out as long as she lasted. She's even moved well up the list of ships I might consider a permacamo for.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles

Got the directive done in the first game on Friday.  Spent the rest of the weekend taking it easy.  Two crates and as many daily missions to get the two crates.

About the only thing I accomplished was finishing the Bretagne grind.

Image result for Men on film meme

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

Not much to report. I’m regrinding Shchors and Donskoi, and now have a fully researched/upgraded Kotovsky.

Made progress on the dockyard, and got the Mainz, so far I like it.

Also after spending my FXP on Kronstadt and Alaska I’m just 9k FXP from unlocking Nelson. Ägir will come next.

Members
3,598 posts
13,004 battles

Tonight I was testing the skill level of the playerbase. I did my ships HP (+ a bit to give my team a cushion) and killed a ship for a trade. Wanted to see if teams were capable of matching just trading. They could not. The playerbase of this game is just awful

. test.jpg.d47d25f70c1473703dc4fde93206af13.jpg

Other than that, still on my quest to lose all my karma so far net positive of +4 from 213. Though I did lose 7, so making progress? no not really.

edit: also for amusement had a guy insist all the BBs on the enemy team were hacking, as the team threw the game away. (after I gave the spotting adv, by killing a DD and the CV who was dead for most the game)

mew.jpg.3ebac18f09e6131a6e6c41e04a6fc6db.jpg

lol

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Boring 1

[TIMT]
Members
668 posts
3,471 battles

Hello,

sorry to intrude on this topic to vent, but the title seems appropriate. Weekends are still awful, I did four matches in Gearing to have some fun, all four were extremely one-sided steamrolls. Now, don't get me wrong I know that this sometimes happens, but to me this is just very frustrating and not enjoyable at all. When I lose in a steamroll it feels like I could just give up then and there because we never stood a chance, whereas when you are on the side winning in a landslide I feel I am not doing anything at all. I really think the player base is now so far unbalanced in skill level that for the average 50% people playing is just painful.

I don't know how you guys handle that, but to me it is just no enjoyable anymore.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,682 posts
9,528 battles

I finished my Devonshire grind in sub battles. I hated the ship when I first started but by the end of the grind she was starting to grow on me. Izmail and Guepard are next on my list to take advantage of the bonus xp.

Also worked on my Seattle grind and my Donskoi (re)grind. Have about 100k xp left on each. A certain tier IX cruiser has made me much more interested in the RB, and with Moskva no longer a tech tree ship these will be ships number four and five.

Also chipped away at the last stage of the Hindenburg UU mission. Aiming to get it finished soon so I can reset that line first (it’s by far my favorite).

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Izmail and Guepard are next on my list to take advantage of the bonus xp.

I think you've got just over a week, so better get a hustle on. Concentrate on the Guepard first, because you can always do the Izmail in Scenarios if you want to keep her away from Tier 8 opposition. Also, the more human destroyers there are in Sub Battles, the better. I think it's great that WG fills the roster with bots to let us all have a go in subs, but it can lead to some interesting imbalances if one side's DDs can't respond to the specific needs and requests of the bigger ships. 

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
503 posts
11,353 battles

Unlocked the Shima :cap_horn:

I do enjoy IJN torp boats.I

Had several matches div'd with friends, which was a nice change as I have been solo in random for a bit. 

Had a 2100 bxp, 5 achievement, 4 kill 150k damage match in a stock Bismark. Wasn't stock after that :cap_haloween:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
11 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Had a 2100 bxp, 5 achievement, 4 kill 150k damage match in a stock Bismark. Wasn't stock after that :cap_haloween:

I made my Bismarck my go-to ship for 1 v 1 Ranked Sprint late last year. I ranked out in one massive splurge of Bismarck spam. My vague recollection is that I started stock and finished halfway to FDG. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,062 posts
13,322 battles

I must get all the good MM in Randoms that everybody loses on weekends. Was 5 for 7 on Saturday. Didn’t play poorly, but was unspectacular, got carried a lot.

Got balanced out by Ranked, though. Hapless teams Friday & Saturday booting away won games. Finished ranked where the week began at Rank 10.

Sunday was all co-op, targeting dockyard directives. Completed the directive and shipbuilding phases that were available in it.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
8 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

also for amusement had a guy insist all the BBs on the enemy team were hacking,

Got news for that guy. Just because he can't hit anything while driving a BB doesn't mean other people share the same deficiency.

[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,688 battles

Let's see?  Played the daily's and I'm not really working on anything?  Finished the EXP and the Yugumo now has my 19th 19 point CPT.  Played the DM a bit.  Still chipping away on the Campaign but will not be able to finish that event.

Won the D-Day match, which was a week later because of range scheduling problems, with my M91/59. 

Other than having a bit of a complex hobby, back to the dockyard all this week in the AM hours.  Good hunting all !!!

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,425 posts

Spent last night bowling through directive 1 and building XP up on the Riga in anticipation of FXP'ing into the last Russian cruiser. As I did play COOP I couldn't help but notice a lot of PvP folks in COOP.  Aside from two folks doing garbage griefing tactics (which didn't work out for them) the matches went pretty well. Apparently the RIga has some citadel exposed aft per a discussion with bots.

[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,688 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Got news for that guy. Just because he can't hit anything while driving a BB doesn't mean other people share the same deficiency.

Some people think "fair" is only when you win and losing is always someone else succeeding in the US's favorite phrase:  "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying..."   After all, video gaming is all about "finding the current exploits", yes???  Maybe, he was just mad because he hadn't figured them out as fast as the others that beat him had???

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Maybe, he was just mad because he hadn't figured them out as fast as the others that beat him had???

Brain is the most evil hack of all. :cap_haloween:

7 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Aside from two folks doing garbage griefing tactics (which didn't work out for them)

Did they find out about reflected damage the hard way, or was it something else? :Smile_trollface:

[SRBL]
Members
487 posts
11,753 battles

Tried to just have some mindless fun after Ranked. 

Took out a few ships I always enjoy; Mush, Benham, Georgia, Kit and Daring.

Members
326 posts
13,896 battles

Worked on the first Dockyard Directive; finished 6/7 on it so far.  Got 2 more stars on the 3rd part of the Swirski Campaign.  That's coming along slowly but making progress.  Worked on xp for the Edinburgh, Jervis, Donskoi, and a few others most of the weekend.  Probably within 10k on the 2 UK ships, and within 20k on another 2-3 in other lines.  Thought I could grind them out this past weekend, but RL kept me from playing as much as I thought I could.

[PMWC1]
Members
170 posts
5,385 battles

I’m regrinding the Russian cruiser line for research bureau points (with two x2 bonuses).  Started and finished the Kotovsky this weekend and am 50% through Budyonny.

Also playing Riga everyday to get xp on it.

Plan is to have Nevsky, Petropavlosk, and Siegfried for the next patch.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,345 posts
19,596 battles

I'm some kind of idiot, I finished my Hsienyang regrind in a meta of wall-to-wall 12km radar cruisers. Then I spent the rest of the time trying to set 18 fires in a single match to finish a leftover campaign mission. Surprisingly, I don't think Conqueror is the go-to ship for doing that anymore -- too few salvos in a round, and too much chance of only 1-2 shells connecting and not getting a fire.

Members
3,598 posts
13,004 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

He was playing a DD. It was a sight to see. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Then I spent the rest of the time trying to set 18 fires in a single match to finish a leftover campaign mission.

I spammed and respammed the quickest and easiest tasks to farm stars and get through all five missions, caring only about the final goal.  If you're looking for someone to confirm your idiocy, I am happy to do so. :Smile_veryhappy:

1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

I finished my Hsienyang regrind in a meta of wall-to-wall 12km radar cruisers.

You're either an idiot for this or God-tier awesome. You choose. I do love my high-tier destroyers, but right now with a whole bunch of people getting into Nevsky is the wrong time for me to drive them. And after Swirski I'm taking a bit of a holiday from T8-10 as much as directive requirements will let me.

The other thing that's driving my high-tier holiday is that I'm currently in a credit crunch and couldn't afford any of the T9-10 ships I'm currently working towards even if I were willing to spend the FXP. Hell, right now I can barely afford a full set of six modules to equip a Tier 9+ premium...

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
1 minute ago, Rollingonit said:

He was playing a DD. It was a sight to see. 

Oh I understand. I'm just saying that I suspect he's projecting his own poor BB shooting skills onto other players and assuming haxxorz because BBs can nail him.

Members
3,598 posts
13,004 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh I understand. I'm just saying that I suspect he's projecting his own poor BB shooting skills onto other players and assuming haxxorz because BBs can nail him.

Nope, he just completely missed all his torps. It was the WASD hacks. I also gave him the heads up, enemy CV dead, all enemy DDs dead, no enemy radar cruisers alive; play safe. He then ofc gets in detection range of the enemy and dies. 

edit: just running into some awful DD  players lately. I dont use the MM mods, but I looked at one who was complaining about the team. ofc 10k games played 43% WR. lol

Edited by Rollingonit

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,345 posts
19,596 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

I finished my Hsienyang regrind in a meta of wall-to-wall 12km radar cruisers.

You're either an idiot for this or God-tier awesome. You choose.

I'll take Door #1 please. Hsienyang is an amazing joke of a ship to begin with, and things have only gotten better (read: worse) over time.

[BUOY]
Members
1,024 posts
14,546 battles

Put another couple hundred k or so XP across the 4 lines I'm grinding / regrinding (Riga / D. Donkey / Drake / Jutland). Got to Rank 6 (as far as I'm willing to go in this season where I'm usually on the team with the Yorck, Zara and Sav A Star Sims vs Payfast, Atlanta and purple clan Haida, got 6/7 done wrt directives and collected all the daily steel I could.