You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

frustrating directives

25 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I'm trying to complete the 1600 main gun hits by a British & French DD's or 350,000 spotting damage with using Pan Asian & European DD's.

I go for hits & I get wide open maps & half the ships are cruisers, a BB & the rests DD's.

I go for spotting damage & I'm teamed with CV's.

This is in coops.

I'm thinking I should try BB's for the potential damage. I'd need to play randoms, in coops my BB's are invisible to bot ships. In the few coops I was lucky to get attack with secondaries.

In the words of The Grateful Dead

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me
Other times I can barely see

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[QC_1_]
Beta Testers
141 posts
6,692 battles

Take the spotting damage... get the oland or higer tier.... and have at it..... dont shoot, just spot....

And go random for a better return on spotting damage (you can run away all game spotting to oblivion).

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

Which British and French destroyers do you have?

I found in the end that the most joy was to be had with Cossack in co-op.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,445 posts
14,165 battles

I like the Kurfurst for potential damage, secondary spec and only use the mains on torpedo armed ships in co-op.

• Cool 1

Members
66 posts

I just played the tier 7 french DD on coop and blasted away at everything.  I often got in close toward the end so the guns could actually hit something.  I was getting 100 to 200 hits per game with some exceptions where it was lower.  

[CK5]
Members
1,374 posts
14,378 battles

I agree Cossack is a good choice for this directive.  I averaged over 200 hits a game and finished pretty quickly.  

[HINON]
Members
13,286 posts
2 minutes ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

There are easier directives than this one. I didn't even bother with it.

This ^

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
4 hours ago, gorium said:

Take the spotting damage... get the oland or higer tier.... and have at it..... dont shoot, just spot....

And go random for a better return on spotting damage (you can run away all game spotting to oblivion).

4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which British and French destroyers do you have?

I found in the end that the most joy was to be had with Cossack in co-op.

3 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I agree Cossack is a good choice for this directive.  I averaged over 200 hits a game and finished pretty quickly.  

I do not have the Oland nor is it within my reach at this time.

The Cossack cost $40. That's too much for a ship I would rarely play.

3 hours ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

There are easier directives than this one. I didn't even bother with it.

The BB potential damage may be easier but I wasn't having any luck in coops. I was trying to get shot at but no luck. Maybe I'll try again.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
5,000 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

I used Cossack and Lightning primarily.  A bit of Jutland too.  I imagine Jervis would do fine as well.  So, barring Cossack, try Jervis, Lightning and Jutland, if you have any of them.

• Cool 1

Members
835 posts
4,679 battles
10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I like the Kurfurst for potential damage, secondary spec and only use the mains on torpedo armed ships in co-op.

Same. I do also have a Georgia which can also do work but isn't as tanky. Actually makes credits in Tier 9 co-op though.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
5 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Fair enough. Your next best UK choices for gunboating, in that case, are Jervis and/or Lightning. Looked at your online profile and I see you have Jervis and a lot of co-op battles in her. Go nuts. 

I also see you have the Aigle, and in that case you can try deploying and playing her like a light smoke cruiser (which is what most of the French destroyers in the game are, really; contre-torpeilleur carries an intent somewhat different from the general-purpose destroyer designation used in the Anglosphere).

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
459 posts
20,362 battles

I tried GA for potential damage, and it worked OK if I used speed boost out of the chute, but often the focus fire from the bots ended my game early.  So I switched to Montana and had several games over 1 million potential damage that I survived. All in all it only took most of a day's playing time in co-op with a strong tendency to YOLO.

[SALVO]
Members
4,501 posts
3,829 battles
12 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I'm trying to complete the 1600 main gun hits by a British & French DD's or 350,000 spotting damage with using Pan Asian & European DD's.

I go for hits & I get wide open maps & half the ships are cruisers, a BB & the rests DD's.

This is in coops.

I'm thinking I should try BB's for the potential damage. I'd need to play randoms, in coops my BB's are invisible to bot ships. In the few coops I was lucky to get attack with secondaries.

Thats why I focused on main battery damage on USN/IJN cruisers. 

[WMD]
Members
1,622 posts
9,773 battles

I managed with YY, and Ostergotland fairly easily. I've actually started to like YY again... 

[K-ARM]
Members
17 posts
1,929 battles

for the Pot Damage, I found Randoms the best.  I used a NC the most.  I would spawn rush, get aggro and kit.. go dark rinse and repeat.  At about 2mil pot damage this one was pretty easy.

[BOTO]
Members
1,263 posts
15,472 battles
15 hours ago, kgh52 said:

This is in coops.

I had an easy time doing the DD main gun hits directive in co-op using the Daring. Probably just as easy to do with USN DDs with their high ROF and long lasting smokes.

[SALVO]
Members
4,501 posts
3,829 battles

Why are you worrying with any other directive than dealing damage with cruisers? 

I did the 650k in 8-9 matches in Coop with a stock Clev, and potatoed in a couple on matches. 

Dealing damage is by far the easiest and more reliable way.  

[WOLF7]
Members
233 posts
16 hours ago, kgh52 said:

This is in coops.

Think high rate of fire combined with slow, large targets. I did the 1,600 hits pretty quickly using Acasta and Jaguar, only playing co-op. My strategy was to avoid DD dogfights and single out BBs and CVs and not torp them, just aimed and kept holding down that left mouse button. 

As a side note, I'm actually enjoying these dockyard directives. I personally think they are fun and I'm grateful they are letting us complete them in co-op.

[PHD]
Members
142 posts
11,094 battles
10 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I imagine Jervis would do fine as well.

That was my choice, lacking anything in a higher tier.

For once I actually enjoyed being the only human in a co-op match. I could just sit back, smoke as necessary, and drop shells from a distance.

Unfortunately my bot teammates were a little too good and I only managed 229 hits.

Also managed 150+ with Vauquelin. The reload booster really helps.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
5,000 battles
16 minutes ago, Potohto928 said:

Unfortunately my bot teammates were a little too good and I only managed 229 hits.

229 isn't bad.  At that rate you can wrap it up in 8 matches or so, and get closer to getting Lightning at the same time.  Lightning is an excellent DD.

[WOLF5]
Members
96 posts

these directives are very very easy 2 to do --- have some fun in co-op and grind on preferably with a nice glass of wine..

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
13 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I used Cossack and Lightning primarily.  A bit of Jutland too.  I imagine Jervis would do fine as well.  So, barring Cossack, try Jervis, Lightning and Jutland, if you have any of them.

Jervis has proven to be the better choice as my hits per battle has tripled in some battles.