You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

Seal Clubbing at Tier ONE???

36 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts

So I reset my USN light cruiser line and my first game with the USS Erie is a 9 vs 9  5 vs 5 all human in a randoms battle.  Off the get go, I get located.  What kind of a D-bag brings in (assumed 19 pt capt) in to a tier 1 battle?  Is that how you "unicums" get purple with a high win rate?  To make matters worse the D-bag was in a division too (was a clan member).  Yeah, it was a huge loss.  After that I just finished off my Erie in CO-OP....took like 4 quick games.   Still, what a D-bag....

Edited by db4100
5 v 5
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
5,364 posts

You ran into TheLaaLaa, perhaps?  (I think that's the name, but if not, it's similar.)

Edited by Kirov_Six

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles

Tier 1 is full of try hards. It can't really be considered seal clubbing as new players don't et grouped up with them and you can exit Tier 1 after one battle anyways.

I played a few games in Tier one about a year ago to get a kraken at T1 and there was one game where the average number of games played in ship by every player was over 1200.

• Funny 3

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,421 battles

Why don't you, OP, take a 19pt Cpt to T1, division up and do the same?

WF allows this kind of nonsense. Do not blame someone utilizing an 'exploit' however unethical. 

Personally, I would not use anything near a 19 pt Cpt in a T1 battle - I would not be so unethical.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Tier 1 is full of try hards. It can't really be considered seal clubbing as new players don't et grouped up with them and you can exit Tier 1 after one battle anyways.

I played a few games in Tier one about a year ago to get a kraken at T1 and there was one game where the average number of games played in ship by every player was over 1200.

They don't get grouped with them until I think 100 matches or playing a tier 5 so if someone buys the Texas and plays it once they will be dumped into the deep end. Those "professionals" are a good reason to occasionally drop down there and slap those people hard.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

lmbo, I dont think ive played t-1 in years, might need to go play a few to remind me of it.

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

lol there is a few that live in t1...    I go down to visit once in a while and shake things up.  haha  

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

did you really not have ~<1200FXP to unlock the tier II's instantly :Smile_amazed:

[META_]
Members
1,230 posts
16,066 battles

I put my 19 point captains  in all my games.... We built those captains for a reason.... I only go down to tier 3 though... Only tier 3,4,5,6, are premiums so captains go right in

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles

Thelala, seal clubber extraordinar at tier one... Well use too... He moved away from tier 1 when the swan was nerfed.

Edited by Navalpride33

[INTEL]
Members
13,056 posts
36,014 battles
17 minutes ago, db4100 said:

So I reset my USN light cruiser line and my first game with the USS Erie is a 9 vs 9  5 vs 5 all human in a randoms battle.  Off the get go, I get located.  What kind of a D-bag brings in (assumed 19 pt capt) in to a tier 1 battle?  Is that how you "unicums" get purple with a high win rate?  To make matters worse the D-bag was in a division too (was a clan member).  Yeah, it was a huge loss.  After that I just finished off my Erie in CO-OP....took like 4 quick games.   Still, what a D-bag....

Dude, sharks lurk there. Just go into WOWs stats and numbers for the T1 ships and look at how many players have 000s of matches.

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

I used to do it with the Erie but they outreach you.. the clubbers got the ships with more range. I can use the Italian t1 with a pretty good capt. That ship is pretty good to go against them.   I usd to get so mad with the Erie, they can out reach u and they know it perfectly.  lol

Members
5,364 posts
11 minutes ago, b101uk said:

did you really not have ~<1200FXP to unlock the tier II's instantly :Smile_amazed:

I'm sure he did, but, otoh, why waste the FXP when it's so easy to generate 350XP.  T1 can usually be a bit of fun, too.  No torpedos, not much in the way of cits, etc.  

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Ok had to go play a game.... 4v4 all clan members and all talking having fun between shots. Might need to go play in them more it was not toxic and just fun, High Calibur was a lol moment.

Members
5,364 posts
22 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I put my 19 point captains  in all my games.... We built those captains for a reason.... I only go down to tier 3 though... Only tier 3,4,5,6, are premiums so captains go right in

Smith or Tachibana with a 10 point (not even 19) is hilarious.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,259 posts

Newbies are in protected MM and don't run into these players.

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles
38 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Count yourself lucky they didn't smack talk you and chat about how awesome they are and how the play at Tier I is so much more competitive than Tier X.

Before the Swan got nerfed, by no longer using AP, Tier I was the worst. Horrible players, using 19 point captains, searching for decent win rates. All while tooting their own horns.

[RVNHQ]
Members
246 posts

Honestly didn't know this was thing. To each their own I guess.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Newbies are in protected MM and don't run into these players.

Until as I said they have 100 matches or play a tier 5.

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,057 battles
31 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

If you don’t have the Albany I don’t even know if I can consider you a true clubber. Sarcasm maybe implied in this post 

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles
4 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Honestly didn't know this was thing. To each their own I guess.

Yes, it is a thing. There are players with 10,000 matches in one ship at Tier I. 

Some players spend 99% of their time at the lowest tiers.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,358 posts
23,957 battles
33 minutes ago, b101uk said:

20 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

I'm sure he did, but, otoh, why waste the FXP when it's so easy to generate 350XP.  T1 can usually be a bit of fun, too.  No torpedos, not much in the way of cits, etc.  

When you reset a line all of the accumulated ship XP from the reset ships ends up on the T-1 ship (Erie in this case.)  So, the question would be: Why not use the XP that had been already accumulated to get the Chester?

Members
5,364 posts
5 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

When you reset a line all of the accumulated ship XP from the reset ships ends up on the T-1 ship (Erie in this case.)  So, the question would be: Why not use the XP that had been already accumulated to get the Chester?

That would make sense.  I haven't reset a line yet, so I didn't know this.

On the other hand, maybe he just wanted to dip his toe back in T1 for fun.

Edited by Kirov_Six

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,788 battles
51 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

You ran into TheLaaLaa, perhaps?  (I think that's the name, but if not, it's similar.)

No he is now playing higher tiers and  as far as I'm aware he did not DIV up.